Page 28 of 123 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Rammstein

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Last edited by Ryan; 02-14-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Those Chileans are the ones who ran that online radio station which would sometimes have rarities in between shitty fanmade "extended versions". They're really annoying.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Rammstein

Correct

That slogan annoyed the hell out of me. Especially when they played schwula.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I posted these on Herzeleid as a new thread. Here is an idea of the people on there (screenshot) --

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/2813/image1nwc.jpg

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

That right there has now convinced me to never sign up. Its like provider module over there. Maybe worse.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    That right there has now convinced me to never sign up. Its like provider module over there. Maybe worse.
    Yeah, i've been a member there since 2001, but I BARELY ever post. I think my post count is like 101 or something, and that's over the span of 12 years, haha.
    Most of the threads there are full of gobbilty gook. When @october_midnight says ETS is one of the more sopisticated band forums out there, with generally smart individuals posting here, he's telling the truth.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Does anybody have full version of those Reise, Reise demos? I also heard the Sehcsucht demos surfaced awhile back too. PM me if you can help!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

No on reise reise. And no sehnsucht as far as I know.

Unless you are talking about that live snippet that became alter mann

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    That screenshot is so fucking ridiculous... I can't believe how stuck up their asses these guys can get. I used to have an account there but barely ever visited the forum due to these cunts.

This thread alone is pretty much better than any R+ faniste I've been to and thanks to people like Conan and Ryan lots of good stuff was shared.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

If only the rammstein community was a fraction as good as this place is.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    maybe that's the impetus to get a better community rolling. invite the various untrolly people from other R+ sites and ban the fools!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Affenknecht forum is alright but not overly active.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, you guys are making me feel better. I've been on a few of those sites and they are just total dicks, so I never post. I post here and get nothing but kind responses and PMs. That's why I come here.
    What I don't understand is the hoarding of stuff. Man if I had something I could share I'd be sharing it so everyone could enjoy it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

That would be a cool idea, but there is no place like home.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    No on reise reise. And no sehnsucht as far as I know.
    Bummer, I remember hearing somewhere that the Sehnsucht ones did. And its a shame that Rammstein Chile people are hoarding those demos, i downloaded the snippits off of soundcloud though anyways. Just incase nothing else ever surfaces.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vivisection13 View Post
    Ok, you guys are making me feel better. I've been on a few of those sites and they are just total dicks, so I never post. I post here and get nothing but kind responses and PMs. That's why I come here.
    What I don't understand is the hoarding of stuff. Man if I had something I could share I'd be sharing it so everyone could enjoy it.
    It's like with Type O Negative last year. Wolfkiller from here gave me unmixed versions of songs and whatnot and now it's all out there for everyone to enjoy.

Hoarders can go fuck themselves.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    After listening to these clips, I have to say that infact this might be fan "fiction". I am going by my opinon based off of tones of the instruments, considering on what we have as actual demos to base off ways they record and produce thier demos.. The drums and guitar just sound way too digital and un-organic.

One day, There will be a fed up trader and will just unleash the beast. In fact, holding on to demos and rare things such as this to a complete secret society level is ridiculous.

It's just music.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    In any case, I still yearn for that high quality Till-only version of Stirb Nicht.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ditto, i finaly listened to that Till only demo of Strib Nicht and holy crap! The album version is by far the WORST track on any of R+'s records, it just sounds so cheesy! But the demo, even vocals aside, is waaaay more interesting then the version that made it onto Rosenrot.

As for the rest of the "demos", i agree with Conan that something just doesnt sound right about them, they dont sound organic enough. Plus the Mann Gegen Mann still has the "mann gegen mann" group back up vox part in it, and that sounds like its straight from the album version. Bummer, i was hoping for the real deal.

I used to post on herzEleid.net, but that places is full of a bunch of tools. ETS is the only forum (well music related, i used to post on a great car forum, accordinglydone.com, back in the day, when i cared about that kind of stuff) that i can actually interact with like minded individuals.

So besides Herzeleid, are their any other R+ albums that haven seen their demos surface?
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 02-16-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, you can pretty much say that this single thread here owns almost any R+ fanpage (and most definitely every board!) - and believe me, I used to run a Rammstein-page.
    Ask, and thy shall receive...

But the problem is the bands management "Pilgrim" which here in Europe pretty much invented the business of suing fans and customers alike; back in the day when nobody even knew what "RIAA" was supposed to stand for. So yeah, in most boards there is now this schizophrenic orwellian atmosphere where you're neither allowed to post links (even to YouTube), nor really talk about stuff which hasn't been "officially released". And then again, in between records, why else would you frequent such a place? Not for their insightful and smart conversations, I can assure you.

In the end, when "Liebe ist für alle da" was released, the band first leaked what would later turn out to be the cover art in very high resolution first-gen scans and THEN used the links in those boards as "proof of copyright violation" in order to sue the admins.
    It was one of the most shameful and rotten maneuvers I've ever seen, and in the end we as admins had to choose between either being idealistic, keeping the site running and arguing about our "journalistic rights" and "censorship"... or to just say "fuck this" and invest our time and energy into projects that in the end won't sue us into oblivion.

So, can you really blame the boards? Their victims without alternatives. But as of this day, though I still appreciate their music, I've lost all respect for the band members that I used to have as a fan.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

That is a shitty situation.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I thought Rammstein are managing themselves these days?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    Yeah, you can pretty much say that this single thread here owns almost any R+ fanpage (and most definitely every board!) - and believe me, I used to run a Rammstein-page.
    Ask, and thy shall receive...

But the problem is the bands management "Pilgrim" which here in Europe pretty much invented the business of suing fans and customers alike; back in the day when nobody even knew what "RIAA" was supposed to stand for. So yeah, in most boards there is now this schizophrenic orwellian atmosphere where you're neither allowed to post links (even to YouTube), nor really talk about stuff which hasn't been "officially released". And then again, in between records, why else would you frequent such a place? Not for their insightful and smart conversations, I can assure you.

In the end, when "Liebe ist für alle da" was released, the band first leaked what would later turn out to be the cover art in very high resolution first-gen scans and THEN used the links in those boards as "proof of copyright violation" in order to sue the admins.
    It was one of the most shameful and rotten maneuvers I've ever seen, and in the end we as admins had to choose between either being idealistic, keeping the site running and arguing about our "journalistic rights" and "censorship"... or to just say "fuck this" and invest our time and energy into projects that in the end won't sue us into oblivion.

So, can you really blame the boards? Their victims without alternatives. But as of this day, though I still appreciate their music, I've lost all respect for the band members that I used to have as a fan.

Is that why the admin still only has half of the LIFAD translations up on Herzeleid.com?

Why would they do that to him? Assholes.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Well, Rammstein are still with Pilgrim Management which according to the site is still run by Emanuel Fialik. Can anyone shine a light on that situation? Henrie maybe? I thought Fialik was gone for good.

I have voiced my opinion before on several accounts, but I believe that the band itself is pretty much putting nothing on the table except for a few ideas which in the end are agreed upon by all band members. They make the music, they have ideas for the videos and they say what they want to do and what not, but I guess the creative input from the guys themselves is very low. Heck, look at their social media accounts which are barely running. And I hate the way they address their fans. It's always "Rammstein says", "Rammstein is...". Absolutely nothing going on on a personal level, no "we". Of course we are spoiled with Trent and Co and a couple of other artists who are able to see and properly use the mechanics of the internet, but Rammstein is still on a stone age level when it comes to marketing and fan service. It's all mouth to mouth propaganda and surfing on a fame which was archieved on a high level years ago. It's all very basic. The fanbase within the German region is a big one as they are our best / most famous export while overseas something like Rammstein has been never heard of. That alone seems to keep the band high above the ground and the money flowing, so why bother being nice on the internet? Let's stick to an archaic view and industry as long as it works. And well, this is okay in its own right, but over the years I came to expect a little bit more passion and creativity from any band. And Rammstein is not delivering anything in those terms. They are even pressing against anything that is not in their control (e.g. fansites transcribing lyrics, setlists, fotos and other minor things that don't hurt the band and are essential for fans).

I still love most of the music and I like to hear these guys talk, the concerts are amazing, but everything past that is laughable. I'm sure Henrie can back this up even more as I remember your site quite well.

Of course one might say "hey dlb, then simply turn your back on this shit!", but for me it's not about the band really, but about the people who go apeshit crazy after every single thing this band is doing. Every single announcement is mistaken for the second coming of Christ if you look at sites like Donaukinder or the before mentioned forums.

I wonder what would happen and how the company (I still believe that the band has not much to say or simply doesn't care) would react if a major music magazine/platform would cover this whole bullshit instead of focusing on the live shows they either find beyond believable or absurdly shitty.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    How do you guys think Till would hold up to band's fame if he went solo?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wonderfully.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    How do you guys think Till would hold up to band's fame if he went solo?
    Probably no better or worse than Richard via Emigrate... no?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    He'd do quite good probably. Depends on how this is set up but if he ever chose to for example give away some of his poems accompanied by sparse music (mainly piano and maybe even abit of acoustic guitar) this might have a huge following. Even if it turns out to be shit alot of people will go and see him just for the sake of it being Till Lindemann. At least he IS the main attraction of this band.

Emigrate is something different I think. Many people have a gripe with Richard's vocals and of course his lyrics are also very mediocre and nothing too metaphoric. I like the record for what it is and it has some catchy tunes. Nothing more, nothing less. He's a great showman, a good guy and a resepctable guitar player so I'd still go and watch an Emigrate show, but Till by his own could lure out much more people.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    UPCOMING PRODUCTS

[DVD] "VIDEOS 1995-2012" incl. PUSSY original version

https://www.rammsteinshop.de/catalog/default.php

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm sort of opposed to buying a DVD with a guy's face. One of reasons i never bought Made in Germany and only bought Sehnsucht last year. Wish it was something abstract. Or all of the guys together (but dressed properly, NOT the Pussy-style). So weird of me right?