Thread: TV on the Radio

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    bonus tracks? please tell me more.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    bonus tracks? please tell me more.
    Two songs called "Nobody Else" and "Mystery Eyes," looks like. I haven't heard them yet, because I haven't found any place to listen yet
    @armogi , have you listened to them yet? How are they? Enlighten us

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    yes, i gave them a listen, they are ok but not as good as the rest of the record imo, they may be a grower.
    Nobody else is a duet with some girl, a bit RnB but i have no idea who sings with Tunde, mystery eye is the better of the 2, it's a slow one with a strong bass hook and synth melody.
    The CD came with a lyric booklet too (english and japanese, which is cool since it seems there are no lyrics on the regular booklet) but no mention of the guest(s). These tracks are on the vinyl release too, maybe it has more information on the guest.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Her name's Arama Mara, here she is with Sitek.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The band will appear on Austin City Limits:

http://acltv.com/2015/02/27/new-taping-tv-on-the-radio/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The band is doing what appears to be a smallish acoustic set at Reckless Records in Chicago before their Metro show on Monday.
    http://do312.com/events/2015/3/23/in...v-on-the-radio

I lucked out and don't work that day, plus I was already planning on heading down for the Metro show, so I'm definitely going to try to get in on this! Anyone else hitting any TVotR shows coming up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Anyone else hitting any TVotR shows coming up?
    Yes, I'll be seeing them for the 6th time here in San Diego @ The Observatory - if you're going too, let me know!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Saw them last night here in KC. Pretty good show. You could still tell their at the beginning of the tour though. They band kind of had to catch up with each other for the first few songs. Tunde also seemed to be having some voice issues. Hit a few bunk notes throughout the show and they even skipped out on playing Repetition. But man Wolf Like Me will never get old hearing that one live. It's made to be played loud and fast. I dug the show, but I do think it was bit better the last time I saw them in 2011.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    yay! treefort's this week!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Last night's L.A. set on DIME.
    Comedian Hannibal Buress did about 15 minutes as a surprise before announcing them.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Has anyone heard anything about this band status in years? They never broke up, but sorta just vanished for almost a decade...

edit: upon further googling, they actually did play a verrrryyyyy limited number of shows pre-covid, most recently in 2019, and a bunch of cancelled dates the same year. That's it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I miss them a lot, too... Last I saw, Dave Sitek was working with a different band.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My 8 year-old is getting into them. His current favorite song is "Happy Idiot." He loves a good beat. Wish they would get back together and tour so I could take him to the show. And I'd love it too, of course...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I miss them too. My hope is that everyone has just been doing their own thing since the last album, and that they'll get back together whenever it feels right.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    didn't realize they been gone for that long, but it's a shame,

I'll always love "Dear Science".

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yeah, I miss 'em too. I only got to see them live once, under far-from-ideal circumstances. We'd had some fairly major emergency workwise over the day leading up to it and by the time the show started I'd been awake for nearly 48 hours; ended up having to leave early 'cause I just couldn't cope with the crowd crush after awhile. Was still a fantastic show, regardless.

I seem to think that I missed their NIN-opening dates by like two shows or something, back when that tour happened...