Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Matrix

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Neil Patrick Harris is actually a version of The Architect trying to unlock some secret code buried in Neo's mind that will end the resurrections of The One.. So he makes himself appear as a therapist, trying to probe his thoughts for the clues. Creating a personal Matrix in order to use the information on the real Matrix. Trinity and Neo died in the machine city, hence why they're in this faux Matrix and why Morpheus is not there. He is alive and in Zion. The machines took Neo and Trinity's bodies because something about their connection in the key. They keep finding each other in these resurrections.

I'm just spitballing here
    Last edited by neorev; 08-25-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Neil Patrick Harris is actually a version of The Architect trying to unlock some secret code buried in Neo's mind that will end the resurrections of The One.. So he makes himself appear as a therapist, trying to probe his thoughts for the clues. Creating a personal Matrix in order to use the information on the real Matrix. Trinity and Neo died in the machine city, hence why they're in this faux Matrix and why Morpheus is not there. He is alive and in Zion. The machines took Neo and Trinity's bodies because something about their connection in the key. They keep finding each other in these resurrections.

Damn, I'd believe it lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

lol, that's literally what I thought too when reading it because I can see him as being a 'younger' version of that program. the only thing I'd add is that they didn't really die in the city - you think that machines that have kept humans alive in pods for however many years haven't learned a thing or two about how to care for the bodies? - but are in some kind of stasis. but yeah, that's why Morpheus isn't there.

and maybe - this is where the real fun begins - maybe Morpheus is there but a different body because he's trying to infiltrate the stasis to free them again and doesn't want the machines to know he's there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First trailer Sept 9. Official website launched at www.whatisthematrix.com

Sweet, sweet screengrabs.

Last edited by october_midnight; 09-07-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yep, looks like a Matrix made in the 20s but with John Wick sensibilities.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that's pretty cool. and tedious. I wonder if they did an AI bot or if they had him record every possible time?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Bahahaha, I'm cracking up... It's fucking John Wick.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Not digging the JW look at all. Very out of place here.
    Apart from that, I'm optimistic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looks bland as hell but considering wachowskis have been on a downward spiral as filmmakers at the very least it doesn't look as ugly as Jupiter Ascending...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

huh, that's weird.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The machines took Neo and Trinity's bodies because something about their connection in the key. They keep finding each other in these resurrections.

I know this isn't a confirmed plot of the movie although it sounds plausible enough but reading that again gave me huge Adjustment Bureau vibes.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Underneath View Post
    Looks bland as hell but considering wachowskis have been on a downward spiral as filmmakers at the very least it doesn't look as ugly as Jupiter Ascending...
    Damn. I thought Jupiter Ascending looked spectacular. And Sense8 was fucking sublime and beautiful; one of my favourite shows of the last few years.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

huh, that's weird.
    Yes, definitely some intriguing things going on here.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Buckle your seat belt Dorothy!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Inject this directly into my veins.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    So... This was the Cyberpunk we were all really promised. What... A... Trailer...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The elevator scene sold the movie for me.

The bullet dodges by the agents look so much better now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I can't disagree here, unless there's something truly groundbreaking it's just treading the same ground that movies are on right now anyway.

It's going to be pretty awesome, but it's also going to be doing a lot of the same stuff as A) The Matrix and B) movies in general.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Kind of weird to call something cliche that actually started the movement of what we get today... It was because of The Matrix. I see why some would feel this way, but many action films have pretty much been a carbon copy of what the OG film brought to the big screen. If anything, this can potentially be a breath of fresh air from what we got back in 1999, or like the post entails... And potential cliche fest.

Also, kind of cool that the Dreamcast was released in NA today. Happened to look up the old 9/9/99 ad and it's inspired by The Matrix lol...

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-09-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm really hoping that something new is here. I can see hints of it, but also I can see a natural progression of Matrix + John Wick + Dragon Ball Z elevation of fights and effects. It looks natural now what they're doing instead of 'oh you can see where a wire was attached because of the physics involved".

edit:

oh, this is a thing?

Last edited by allegate; 09-09-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Yeah there's just no way I can have an unbiased opinion on this. I've always loved the original. The first time I saw it I was at a friends house and he threw in a vhs of it and we saw the first scene and then something came up and I had to go. He said here just take it with you. I still have that tape somewhere. I threw it in and watched it until about 2a.m. and my little mind was blown at the time. It's easy to take for granted just how dope it was back then because of the influence it's had. But unlike much of the stuff that came later and imitated it, the ideas were what was cool to me. Probably one of the reasons I later became interested in philosophy because the whole movie is analogous to Plato's cave. It was the whole questioning of the limits of human knowledge that I kind of latched onto.

Hell, I even love the sequels for what they are. Public opinion be damned. They were never going to top the first. You can only drop down the rabbit hole once. Once you've seen what's down there, nothing is going to feel as profound as that initial drop. That'll probably be true for this film as well. You just can't undo and then redo the greatness of the original. I just hope most people realize this and temper their expectations accordingly.

Not crazy about Morpheus not being in this one, it just doesn't feel right but here's to hoping they don't drop the ball entirely with this new one.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The person who edited this trailer deserves all the awards on the planet.

I was very meh when this movie was announced but now, I. Cannot. Wait.

Remember what the Dormouse said!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    [Sati] "Will We Ever See Him Again?"
    [Oracle] "I Suspect So...Someday."
    huh

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I think it looks badass.
    I get the feeling that it's going to be a soft reboot. I expect easter eggs from the OT, but I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of this movie requiring viewers to understand, or even REMEMBER, much of what happened in parts two and three. I doubt it will even necessarily require familiarity with the first one.

For one thing, NOBODY understands all of the OT.

Secondly, they're looking to get the attention of the most profitable demographic, which is 18-24. That ain't us, and those people certainly didn't see the OG when it came out TWENTY TWO YEARS AGO. Damn, y'all. I feel old.

The lack of Morpheus is painful- LF has been one of my favorite actors since Higher Learning, but perhaps we'll get a cameo.

Also, if this isn't a trilogy, I'll eat my hat.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The new trailer is fucking great. I'm so glad it's in just a few months instead of summer of '22 or something.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    theory -- this is the movie is Neo had stayed in the Matrix and then maybe gets woken up much later in life.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Do you think the only reason why he didn’t go for the classic clean-cut, short-haired Neo is because he was filming the next John Wick sequel at the same time as this?

He never ages so he’d look exactly like he did back then anyway.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Do you think the only reason why he didn’t go for the classic clean-cut, short-haired Neo is because he was filming the next John Wick sequel at the same time as this?

He never ages so he’d look exactly like he did back then anyway.
    Yeah that's likely why, weren't both movies originally scheduled to come out on the same day? That would have been insane!

The last couple of movies where Keanu had shorter hair going from his IMDB were The Whole Truth (2016) and Replicas (2018)