Thread: Podcasts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Patton Oswalt wouldn't shut up about that show when it first started. I finally gave it a shot and wasn't too impressed. Maybe it has to grow on you?

Also, I just discovered Podmass about a week ago and it is, indeed, pretty damn cool.
    They're definitely an acquired taste. The first ten episodes are god awful in terms of sound quality so I wouldn't even try to listen to anything before that. They are absolutely disgusting a lot of the time but I find the personal anecdotes hilarious. If I had to recommend a single episode I'd say
    http://walkingtheroom.libsyn.com/-75...d-the-pig-room is pretty fantastic if only for the story about the hipster couple living in the apartment above Dave's.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^I don't know. I may give them another shot sometime. I know sometimes these shows take awhile to grow on you, and I've heard great things about that show. I'll definitely try to check out the episode you recommended. And I actually did hear him talking about the hipster couple upstairs on one of the episodes I listened to, though I couldn't tell you which episode it was.

On another note, there are just too many damn podcasts to keep up with. I can't even keep track any more. I've probably got ten or so that I would like to check out at some point, on top of all the regulars I listen to. Or used to listen to. I haven't had the chance to listen nearly as much as I used to. I can't tell you the last time I listened to Rogan's podcast. I love that show, but I always want to hear the whole episode, and they're always two to two and a half hours long, sometimes longer. It's a huge time committment.