Page 84 of 127 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Had a kick to listen to some game music at work, found a youtube channel with Neir Automata and have been listening to this nonstop for the last 4 hours...there's still and hours worth of music left too, this OST is just SO GOOD!

Might try and find a channel with Bloodbornes OST tomorrow.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Had a kick to listen to some game music at work, found a youtube channel with Neir Automata and have been listening to this nonstop for the last 4 hours...there's still and hours worth of music left too, this OST is just SO GOOD!

Might try and find a channel with Bloodbornes OST tomorrow.
    It's too bad that they don't make video game music like they used to, besides the Souls series and Nier. That soundtrack is pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was pretty stressed out this past week and needed a break from everything...so I went full nostalgic and replayed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I may like it more than Super Metroid...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I was pretty stressed out this past week and needed a break from everything...so I went full nostalgic and replayed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I may like it more than Super Metroid...
    somehow i've never played a castlevania game (despite being a huge metroid fan). guessing i should get on that?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    somehow i've never played a castlevania game (despite being a huge metroid fan). guessing i should get on that?
    None of them? Including the NES ones? Holy shit.

Yeah definitely try Symphony of the Night, or the GBA/DS Castlevania games. It's probably my favorite video game series.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Do not pass up Castlevania IV on SNES. That one and Symphony of the Night are my favorites from the series.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Symphony of the Night is probably my favorite game of all time. The NES and SNES games aren't laid out like Metroid; that started with SoTN.

And there are also 3 spiritual sequels to SoTN on GBA: these are Aria of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance and Circle of the Moon.

Circle of the Moon is GOOD, but AoS and HoD are on par with SoTN.

i'm with @Jinsai . You need to play SoTN as soon as possible. it's just, it's one of those things that will make you happier about humanity and the world, knowing that such a game exists.
    also, from what i've seen of you and your tastes, you will fucking ADORE the art style and he soundtrack. And the gameplay is kind of like Super Metroid (hence the term Metroidvania,) but with leveling and RPG elements.
    If you can't get hold of a copy or a digital version, i will let you borrow mine, but you HAVE to give it back!
    That's how bad i want you to play it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-26-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Yeah.... uh.... holy shit play Symphony of the Night. Right now... just do it. Stop whatever it is you're doing and play Symphony of the Night.

I'm playing Undertale. This game is hilarious.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah.... uh.... holy shit play Symphony of the Night. Right now... just do it. Stop whatever it is you're doing and play Symphony of the Night.

I'm playing Undertale. This game is hilarious.
    i don't seem to own any systems on which it's playable except a PS1, and i'm guessing i'm not going to be able to find a copy :/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    i don't seem to own any systems on which it's playable except a PS1, and i'm guessing i'm not going to be able to find a copy :/
    What systems do you have? You can always emulate it too...

It should be on Xbox Live and PS Store as well.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    What systems do you have? You can always emulate it too...

It should be on Xbox Live and PS Store as well.
    i have all nintendo systems, a PS1, a PS2, and a PS3 (but i don't know if the PS store works on it). i'll check it out! thanks <3

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I remember Simon's Quest being a pretty formative experience for me as a young child and probably had a big influence on the kinds of games and I would continue to enjoy over the years.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Symphony of the Night is a must play. If you don't know about the story line, I won't give any spoilers, but something REALLY cool happens midway through the game. It blew my mind when I played it the first time, and still does.

Lately, I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2. Been getting back into RPGs. On the 2ds I've been playing Etrain Odyssey V and Bravely Second, along with Dragon Quest IV.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Symphony of the Night is a must play. If you don't know about the story line, I won't give any spoilers, but something REALLY cool happens midway through the game. It blew my mind when I played it the first time, and still does.

Lately, I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2. Been getting back into RPGs. On the 2ds I've been playing Etrain Odyssey V and Bravely Second, along with Dragon Quest IV.
    I've been playing Dragon Quest XI, you're gonna love this game when it finally comes out in the west. It's magical.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've been playing Dragon Quest XI, you're gonna love this game when it finally comes out in the west. It's magical.
    can't wait! I just got Dragon Quest VIII a few months ago, really my 2nd or 3rd ever RPG and it is a literal game changer for me. I'm obsessed with the game and the series now, and RPGs in general which I was not fond of when I was younger besides some of FFVII and a bit of Lunar Silver Star Story

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    can't wait! I just got Dragon Quest VIII a few months ago, really my 2nd or 3rd ever RPG and it is a literal game changer for me. I'm obsessed with the game and the series now, and RPGs in general which I was not fond of when I was younger besides some of FFVII and a bit of Lunar Silver Star Story
    I'm a huge fan of JRPGs... Lunar 2 Eternal Blue is one of my favorite games.
    Suikoden 2 is incredible too. I'm a broken record on that one. It's maybe the best JRPG of all time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Civilization VI has my brain right now. I dream of hexes, man. Rise and Fall in particular is a pretty neat expansion. It's not perfect yet, but one more expansion and this will be my personal ultimate Civ game. I wish this forum was a bit more active than it is, otherwise I'm sure I'd be geeking out with a few of ya in a Civ thread.

I'm also involved in Overwatch quite a bit. I'm an avid OWL fan (LA Gladiators are my team right now, at least until we get something to represent the midwestern US), and I participate in Battlefy's After Hours Gaming League where different companies form teams to play every Saturday. My team just beat Hulu last week, which was kinda neat!

I tried to play Tacoma the other day after a 50% sale, but the intro was really laggy and slow on my computer for some reason. I loved Gone Home, so I trust I'll eventually find my way back to this one.

Also working on Prey, still. They should've called it System Shock 3. Easily recommendable in the same vein as that series.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I bought Super Mario Odyssey out of nostalgia for the series. Holy fuck have things taken a nosedive. The game feels like development was rushed. The NPCs are annoying as hell....especially the voices.

I guess I'm just too old for Mario now..this game seems geared towards children. Possessing enemies and objects is a great idea, but I feel it could have been used in a much deeper way. I'm too old to be searching for power moons and collecting coins to buy cute suits.

As for Breath of the Wild...amazing game hampered by too few enemy types, repetitive temples and a terrible storyline and ending.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    speaking of Switch games, has anyone seen WWE 2K18 on it? Holy crap is it AWFUL. At times it literally moves at a snail's pace! It's laughable. If you want to laugh, seriously, check out some videos on youtube of it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Sooooo Bloodborne is one of PSN Plus's Free Games of the month. Ratchet and Clank PS4 is also.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So is Ratchet and Clank worth playing? Which one is the best?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    So is Ratchet and Clank worth playing? Which one is the best?
    the original ratchet & clank, as well as the two titles for PS3, are both fantastic. there's a few other decent ones in the middle there (plus a dud or two), but the first and the last couple are all great.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yakuza 6. Full game, two months early apparently. They posted the full game instead of a demo. Thought it was odd when it wasn't ending haha.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Anyone with a PS + membership needs to have a stab at Bloodborne, there's no reason not too!

I'll be having another play-through and lend my hunter, Finger Bangs, for jolly co-operation on some of those harder boss fights throughout March.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Anyone with a PS + membership needs to have a stab at Bloodborne, there's no reason not too!

I'll be having another play-through and lend my hunter, Finger Bangs, for jolly co-operation on some of those harder boss fights throughout March.
    My buddy told me to pick it up for PS4 said it would be a good chill fun time. He's an asshole. I honestly didn't get too far as that shit is hard af. It is a pretty cool game though. I've been playing way too much Guild Wars 2 pvp lately. I had to take some time off after i got a bit drunk and heated on teh forums calling out elitist bullshit and earned myself a day ban. I figure i'd gone too far down the salt mine so i stepped away. I am currently waiting on PUGBG to dl and I'll probably give that a go for a minute as it's been a few years since i've done any FPS gaming. Also, Im back on my Steam account.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    staying at my friends' place and dog-sitting for 10 days, and they left me their gaming computer.

played all the way through Limbo today and it was gorgeous. i only wish it was longer.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    played all the way through Limbo today and it was gorgeous. i only wish it was longer.
    Yeah, one of the greatest games ever. It's a classic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Maybe slightly late to the party, but I picked up a copy of Skyrim for xb360 yesterday. Haven't started yet but I have a feeling this could be up there with the best 6 euros I've ever spent.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    Maybe slightly late to the party, but I picked up a copy of Skyrim for xb360 yesterday. Haven't started yet but I have a feeling this could be up there with the best 6 euros I've ever spent.
    Say goodbye to all your free time

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Just been doing my first Nightmare-difficulty run of Alien Isolation, which remains one of the best new games I've played in the last decade.

Thought I'd also take the opportunity to polish up my Isolation navigation guide, written some non-spoilery background info about every location, in a format that looks vaguely game-appropriate. If anyone's interested, or needs help finding their way around in that game, it's here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=402866213