Page 106 of 129 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    My roommate is encouraging me to try it and I am kind of scared to, TBH. I just finished the latest God of War and while I absolutely loved it, it was a bit overwhelming in terms of the number of things to do (though not nearly as much as, say, Red Dead Redemption or something, but still a lot). So the thought of jumping into a game that huge, ESPECIALLY when I am one of those people that really, really wants to explore and try EVERYTHING (ok, almost everything) that the game has to offer, it's a bit intimidating. ha ha
    Ha I hear ya. I definitely had to accept the fact that there was no way I was going to do everything in this game, especially trophy-wise. There's just too much and some of the trophies are easily missable. But it is such a fun and rewarding experience, I spent like 8 hours yesterday just fucking around doing side missions and trophy hunting, it was a blast.

If you can go into it knowing that there is some stuff you're just not going to do then I say go for it. I'm so glad I did.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Started Cup Head today and like, fuck this game tho?

I'm all for strategy games, but the sadistic assholes who made this fucking game figured out a way to suck all the joy out of playing it. Looks genuinely amazing on the art side, but is almost unplayably difficult.
    that's exactly why i have never bought it. art & music? awesome. gameplay? sounds more frustrating than fun.

i got stuck in valfaris at a section that i literally cannot get past no matter how many different strategies i try, so i just kind of gave up for the time being. been back on a breath of the wild kick (my fifth time(?) through the game) and it's so nice to walk around in such open environments since i can't do that in real life at the moment. le sigh.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Started Cup Head today and like, fuck this game tho?

I'm all for strategy games, but the sadistic assholes who made this fucking game figured out a way to suck all the joy out of playing it. Looks genuinely amazing on the art side, but is almost unplayably difficult.
    The only part in Cuphead that lived up to the difficulty hype for me was the final boss. That was a pain. Though I grew up playing that sort of game

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The only part in Cuphead that lived up to the difficulty hype for me was the final boss. That was a pain. Though I grew up playing that sort of game
    I'm a very casual gamer who just wants to play for fun and turn my brain off for a bit. So these types of games where they feel like you have to genuinely work like 8 hours a day to figure out patterns can kiss my ass. Hell no am I about to spend my quarantine spending hours trying to figure this stupid ass game out. Literally about to just delete this fuckin game off my hard drive and just go play animal crossing.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    There is a new game that feels similar to Cuphead, called Freedom Finger.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just started playing through 'Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker' with my four year old. Fun little game, she's loving it!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Just started playing through 'Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker' with my four year old. Fun little game, she's loving it!
    it's one of the cutest games i've ever played, and also decently challenging!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post

This looks like it'd be a blast if it's gear for more casual gamers. Got a banging ass soundtrack too, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

I thought the game was challenging but Doable. I honestly think it was a perfect game and can't wait for the DLC.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Playing Aka Manto right now. While straightforward design, the game is tough.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post

Com Truise, Tobacco, Makeup And Vanity Set, Drab Majesty? In a SHMUP?

This reminds me more of something like Parodius than Cuphead, just saying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My life has been nothing but Animal Crossing since it released. I finally did start playing Persona 5 Royal, which I've been enjoying a lot. I just wish I could play it more, but it's such a time sink.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm a very casual gamer who just wants to play for fun and turn my brain off for a bit. So these types of games where they feel like you have to genuinely work like 8 hours a day to figure out patterns can kiss my ass. Hell no am I about to spend my quarantine spending hours trying to figure this stupid ass game out. Literally about to just delete this fuckin game off my hard drive and just go play animal crossing.
    I quit that game after I reached the second Isle. As endearing and awesome as the game is it's punishingly difficult and much like you, I've left that heartache of replaying shit for hours by the wayside. Replaying one boss for several hours isn't a fun time and it shortly becomes a chore to where the fun is robbed. The old lazy "git gud" meme is bullshit. The argument for older games being harder and newer games hold your hand is largely ignorant also. Games were hard in the 90's because they were developed like dogshit most of the time and there was no way to regularly save progress so you had to checkpoint in huge gaps or play entire levels. A lot of older games are harder because they had poor game design in my opinion.

Minus Dark Souls and games that rip off their formula, difficult games aren't really in my wheelhouse anymore. They're not fun to me and yes I'm willing to admit I'm not good if you wanna just knock me (not directed to anyone here).
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-28-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    For anyone interested, PlayStation is giving away Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection for free in their store. I downloaded it tonight but between Doom eternal, spiderman (which I’ve been playing since February) and the last of us 2 in June, not sure when I’ll get around to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Minus Dark Souls and games that rip off their formula, difficult games aren't really in my wheelhouse anymore. They're not fun to me and yes I'm willing to admit I'm not good if you wanna just knock me (not directed to anyone here).
    I grew up with a lot of older friends that played fighting games and shmups. If you wanted a turn to play, or wanted to play for longer than two minutes and not wait an hour to play again, you had no choice but to "git gud". Games were always on the highest difficulties, etc.

I am still complete ass at most action-adventure games like Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I grew up with a lot of older friends that played fighting games and shmups. If you wanted a turn to play, or wanted to play for longer than two minutes and not wait an hour to play again, you had no choice but to "git gud". Games were always on the highest difficulties, etc.

I am still complete ass at most action-adventure games like Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption, etc.
    I’m 30 later this year so I am aware how games used to be and how high the “difficulty” curve was. I still chock it up to poor design in some cases.

As for fighting games those have always been hard but when you got old MK games that used to read your button inputs it’s hard to say that’s not cheap and poorly designed.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I’m 30 later this year so I am aware how games used to be and how high the “difficulty” curve was. I still chock it up to poor design in some cases.

As for fighting games those have always been hard but when you got old MK games that used to read your button inputs it’s hard to say that’s not cheap and poorly designed.
    Anything SNK > Virtua Fighter > Tekken > Mortal Kombat

Old-school jank is definitely a thing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    For anyone interested, PlayStation is giving away Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection for free in their store. I downloaded it tonight but between Doom eternal, spiderman (which I’ve been playing since February) and the last of us 2 in June, not sure when I’ll get around to them.

charge your phone! :P

but seriously I need to get a PS4. I'm still rocking a PS3/WiiU combo and that Spider-Man game is the one game on the system that I feel like I need to play it. From all of the demos RE: Spider-Man loading on the PS5 though I have to wonder if it's going to be a launch title or whether it's got a sequel in the works for a surprise release.

side note: I read the book that's a prequel to the game and it's not as terrible as you'd think. Comic-booky in the right way plus sets up a few plot lines in the game. I think if I didn't know the spoiler the game carries (not well from all I've heard) then it would have been a little different but even then it's pretty good.

We've been playing some Diablo III on the PS3. I found out that it's basically a Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance / Champions of Norrath / Justice League Heros type of game and my wife and I played the every-loving shit out of those games (and their respective sequels) on the PS2 back in the day. We keep talking about how we should get a PS2 again plus those games but A) really? and B) you should see the prices on those games, even used, and whoo-boy. So finding out that this game is basically that PLUS it's up-to-four players at the same time? happy dances.

We borrowed two controllers from someone who wasn't playing their system anymore and all three of us are in it. The only bad thing about it is how when you want to upgrade your stuff it takes up the entire screen so you can only do it one at a time. It would go so much faster if the could have broken the screen up so the rest of your party isn't sitting there bored out of their minds while you're seeing if this bow is better than that bow, etc.

Well, the other bad thing is the check-pointing/telling you where to go and the weird bumps in difficulty. We went to a new area and after basically one-shotting everyone prior, we were getting our asses handed to us by some evil Ents and their spores. I mean I get it - Ents - but even the weird bats were hard to kill.

I was reading the Wiki on it and oh hey it's on the PS4 as well. That's a hard sell though, those extra PS4 controllers would take up most of my stimulus check! :lol But I also read about the Switch version and the exclusive Zelda stuff...that sounds intriguing...though a switch is almost literally the price of a stimulus check now so that's going to have to wait.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    charge your phone! :P

but seriously I need to get a PS4. I'm still rocking a PS3/WiiU combo and that Spider-Man game is the one game on the system that I feel like I need to play it. From all of the demos RE: Spider-Man loading on the PS5 though I have to wonder if it's going to be a launch title or whether it's got a sequel in the works for a surprise release.

side note: I read the book that's a prequel to the game and it's not as terrible as you'd think. Comic-booky in the right way plus sets up a few plot lines in the game. I think if I didn't know the spoiler the game carries (not well from all I've heard) then it would have been a little different but even then it's pretty good.

We've been playing some Diablo III on the PS3. I found out that it's basically a Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance / Champions of Norrath / Justice League Heros type of game and my wife and I played the every-loving shit out of those games (and their respective sequels) on the PS2 back in the day. We keep talking about how we should get a PS2 again plus those games but A) really? and B) you should see the prices on those games, even used, and whoo-boy. So finding out that this game is basically that PLUS it's up-to-four players at the same time? happy dances.

We borrowed two controllers from someone who wasn't playing their system anymore and all three of us are in it. The only bad thing about it is how when you want to upgrade your stuff it takes up the entire screen so you can only do it one at a time. It would go so much faster if the could have broken the screen up so the rest of your party isn't sitting there bored out of their minds while you're seeing if this bow is better than that bow, etc.

Well, the other bad thing is the check-pointing/telling you where to go and the weird bumps in difficulty. We went to a new area and after basically one-shotting everyone prior, we were getting our asses handed to us by some evil Ents and their spores. I mean I get it - Ents - but even the weird bats were hard to kill.

I was reading the Wiki on it and oh hey it's on the PS4 as well. That's a hard sell though, those extra PS4 controllers would take up most of my stimulus check! :lol But I also read about the Switch version and the exclusive Zelda stuff...that sounds intriguing...though a switch is almost literally the price of a stimulus check now so that's going to have to wait.
    Haha! My phone is usually on 5-20% around that time because I usually go to bed at 11ish and charge it overnight.

And RE: Spiderman, at first when I started playing it, it was kind of meh about it but the combat is extremely fun and it’s a pretty beautiful game. Lots of side missions and I also have like agree DLCs that came with it that I need to get into but again with Last of Us coming soon, the slowness I’ve been playing Doom eternal and then with Cyberpunk 2077 in a Sept (still debating on that one) I’m not sure if I’ll get to the DLCs anytime soon. I’m about 92% complete with the main campaign.

Definitely recommend it if you get your hands on a PS4 or ps5 when they’re out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Almost forgot but I ordered a copy of The Last of Us because of the current times. Wow at that opening, that was something. I'm currently at the point where you have to go and talk to the 'boss' or something? Anyway man this game uses every single part of the controller doesn't it. I am also either reminded how much I hate shooters (because I suck at them) or the game has terrible shooting controls. I'm not sure which, but man is aiming difficult.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    One of my favorite games of the last few years has been "Counter: Spy" from 2014. It's a fun little indie game about spies in a Cold War setting, has character and you can play through it in one afternoon.
    Altough I'd like to dive into a game again like I did back in the days with, say, StarCraft or Fallout 3, where I played for hours on end. But with a kid, a full time job and a handful of other hobbies that shit is not going to happen anytime soon. That's probably also why my copy of Dark Souls is still sealed.
    The last big game I was able to get into and play for weeks was Red Dead Redemption. But that was shortly before my daughter was born, so...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I remember that game, I have it on the Vita. I got to a point in the game where I had to take a break and looking at starting it again was too daunting. Now that you've reminded me of it I should get back into that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Started finally playing Dark Souls 3 after it was sitting dormant on my shelf for 3 years. I love this game and am kind of addicted to it.

I'm trying to get back into Vagrant Story this summer - I've had this game since 2000 and could never beat it. I'm 31 now and am still trying. I need to beat this game before I get too old or am not here anymore. Same with Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. Yasumi Matsuno is my favorite video game designer but I ironically can't beat any of his games.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    Started finally playing Dark Souls 3 after it was sitting dormant on my shelf for 3 years. I love this game and am kind of addicted to it.

I'm trying to get back into Vagrant Story this summer - I've had this game since 2000 and could never beat it. I'm 31 now and am still trying. I need to beat this game before I get too old or am not here anymore. Same with Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. Yasumi Matsuno is my favorite video game designer but I ironically can't beat any of his games.
    I still think DS3 is the hardest From game I've played. Those expansions bosses are fucking brutal (I had to cheat).

I've never played Vagrant Story, is it worth it to play it now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I still think DS3 is the hardest From game I've played. Those expansions bosses are fucking brutal (I had to cheat).
    Blackflame Friede and Midir flashbacks! Some of the best fights in the series though, so fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just started Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch and LOVE it. If you're at all a fan of hack n' slash type games, you would LOVE This one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Blackflame Friede and Midir flashbacks! Some of the best fights in the series though, so fucking amazing.
    Friede was ridiculous, not in a good way lol

That's when I used a trainer after the 3rd phase. I didn't want to spend hours trying to beat it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    recently finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, which was fantastic. first PS4 game I beat! I've been hooked on the Wipeout Omega Collection, started the RE 2 Remake and last night, started the Uncharted Nathan Drake collection.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post

I've never played Vagrant Story, is it worth it to play it now?
    Vagrant Story is worth to play if you have a strategy guide along with it and patience for older generation games. I grew up with the PlayStation in my childhood, so the graphics and gameplay are fine with me. In fact, it's what I prefer for some reason. Watch a video on YouTube about the game as there is a lot of detail in the mechanics and weapon use. That'll let you know whether or not you wanna play it.
    Last edited by ton; 05-09-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    recently finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, which was fantastic. first PS4 game I beat! I've been hooked on the Wipeout Omega Collection, started the RE 2 Remake and last night, started the Uncharted Nathan Drake collection.
    I started the Uncharted collection too. For some reason I thought the first game was more recent than 2007 and was shocked at the graphics and controls when I started haha. Still isn’t bad though.