EA Games can officially eat every last shit I take for the rest of the year. I just purchased Battlefield 3 at Best Buy, and all I want to do is play it, single player first, and this is the all time worst game experience I've ever gone through. I started my install attempt 2 hours ago.

First Origin (EA's version of Steam, for those who don't know) installed but then wouldn't update (shutting itself down every time until I could find the solution).

Then, as with all games these days, it seems, the install DVDs did their thing while files were downloaded from the interweb. Oh, this is AFTER I had to sign up for Origin's service and re-download Origin...

Then BF3 started updating, like 30min ago, and is up to 45%. At the same time, when I clicked the icon for BF3 on my desktop, it didn't so much launch as take me to Battlelog on battlefield.com, where I tried to start a campaign and it told me it wouldn't start until I downloaded the browser plugin, then said "You need to install the game first" as though I was a fucking simpleton.

I have vowed, now, to never purchase another fucking EA product, forever.