Page 36 of 129 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Whats supposed to be different in Within? Unknown is so good, ill probably check it out... Is it a whole new campaign?
    It's more like an expansion pack. Same base campaign/story with some new side missions, maps, enemy types and soldier abilities. You can genetically modify your soldiers to give them some pretty useful passive abilities/stat increases and you can also (permanently) change them into powerful mech troops. There is apparently a rival organisation that can sabotage you in certain ways but I haven't encountered them much yet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Replaying the Last of Us and am about to install the Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea DLC. Woo.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Haven't had a PC/Laptop for almost 3 months now, so it's just been the iPad and a PS3 on its last legs.

PS3 — DC Universe Online
    iPad — INJUSTICE Mobile & Arkham Origins Mobile

I'd be lying if I said DCUO doesn't take up all of my free-time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Able to nab a copy for pretty much 50% off. Great buy and steal. I really enjoyed III and I'm sure I'll love this one, only played for a few hours and barely scratched the surface. Going to be a bumpy ride.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, uh...anyone have any tips on "Uncharted"? I'm 99% sure I'm taking it back. You know, a challenge is good but when it's so ridiculously, insanely difficult that it takes you an hour and about 50 lives just to beat one batch of enemies (and you have ten more batches in that level alone still to come) it kind of takes all the fun out of it. I thought maybe it was just me but I Googled it and apparently this was a really common complaint, at least with the first one.

It was either this or "Heavy Rain." I figured I'd try this first since it's a game I've been wanting to play for years, but wow is it awful so far. Guess I'll give "Heavy Rain" a shot instead.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    which one is it? The first can basically be avoided (though its still okay) as it is just a pulpy, average, third person shooter, but 2 and 3 are where its at. Thats where the whole big set-piece action started to come in. If its your first time playing, try it on normal or easy, because it is pretty hard on the higher difficulties if you don't know the levels. Headshots are WAY more effective than anything else. Always stick to cover, usually near the entrance to whatever arena you are in. hand to hand combat is basically useless when fighting big groups as they will just hang back and shoot you... Or just start with Uncharted 2.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Hand to hand melee combat in Drake's Fortune is still the best though imo

2 and 3 ruined it with the action scenes stitched together with quick time event crap....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Heavy Rain rules for the record.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    So, uh...anyone have any tips on "Uncharted"? I'm 99% sure I'm taking it back. You know, a challenge is good but when it's so ridiculously, insanely difficult that it takes you an hour and about 50 lives just to beat one batch of enemies (and you have ten more batches in that level alone still to come) it kind of takes all the fun out of it. I thought maybe it was just me but I Googled it and apparently this was a really common complaint, at least with the first one.

It was either this or "Heavy Rain." I figured I'd try this first since it's a game I've been wanting to play for years, but wow is it awful so far. Guess I'll give "Heavy Rain" a shot instead.
    Take cover, use cover, move into cover, traverse cover and watch your back.

Mhmmm, that's about it. If all else fails, watch a video. I had to for some portions for that game as the enemy AI is pretty smart and actually flanks you if you're not paying attention. Watching a video before hand shows your spawn points to be mindful for. Give it another go.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Heavy Rain is leagues more interesting than Uncharted.

In the interest of milking my PS4 i bought Killzone and Battlefield to see if either could look really next gen.

Both are pretty bland ultimately but I was prepared for that. Killzone beats the shit out of battlefield when it comes to graphics. That is a next gen looking game, and in this case i can forgive it for being stupid and uninventive just to be bedazzled. Having a hard time giving a shit about Battlefield thougb.

AC4 picked up a bit. I get it now, at the very least, still the story is quite thin but i can appreciate it for what it is.

Opting NOT to pick up the Xbox. A tough decision but im thinking ahead and theres very little reason to have both right now. Let alone either of them.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Decided to give Chrono Cross another try. And just like last time, I'm finding it very difficult to get into.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tearaway... if you own a Vita and vaguely enjoy smiling this game is fan-bloody-tastic. From the graphics and animation to *shock* good use of touch controls this game is just something special. I've not played nearly enough to say the other things I'm thinking, but its really lovely and I highly recommend giving it a spin. This is how much fun I'm having:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally have time to play through "The Last of Us" and alternating it with "Beyond Two Souls". Really liking both so far.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Heavy Rain is leagues more interesting than Uncharted.
    Yeah...I'm out on "Uncharted." I made it over halfway through the game and I just can't force myself through it anymore. Completely boring. I know a lot of people love this game, and I can see why someone might, but for me it's just way too repetitive and uneventful. Oh, ANOTHER batch of faceless badguys that I have to kill for the 20th time in the last half an hour? Yawn.

I think I'll give "Heavy Rain" a try instead.
    Last edited by theruiner; 11-23-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah...I'm out on "Uncharted." I made it over halfway through the game and I just can't force myself through it anymore. Completely boring. I know a lot of people love this game, and I can see why someone might, but for me it's just way too repetitive and uneventful. Oh, ANOTHER batch of faceless badguys that I have to kill for the 20th time in the last half an hour? Yawn.

I think I'll give "Heavy Rain" a try instead.
    I still say try the 2nd or 3rd game, for one thing they can be seen in isolation from each other, and they only started the more narrative style proper in UC2. Failing that, The Last of Us is fantastic, and if you like how Heavy Rain plays,Beyond, while not as good story wise, is more refined and has some memorable moments.

I'm still playing Tearaway. I really like it. I wanted to play Sim City, but the hoops just to sign up and install the game put me off..

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Is the second considerably better than the third? I'm willing to trudge through the first if the second is an improvement (I'm way too OCD not to finish the first if I'm going to try the second...ha...but thanks for the advice).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    I still say try the 2nd or 3rd game, for one thing they can be seen in isolation from each other, and they only started the more narrative style proper in UC2. Failing that, The Last of Us is fantastic, and if you like how Heavy Rain plays,Beyond, while not as good story wise, is more refined and has some memorable moments.

I'm still playing Tearaway. I really like it. I wanted to play Sim City, but the hoops just to sign up and install the game put me off..
    I love the first Uncharted game. The games after are betfer, more refined. But, I enjoyed it from beginning to end. UC2 is easily my favorite of the three games though.

And I'll take Heavy Rain over Beyond anyday. Beyond is good. I don't mind that the story jumps around. Heavy Rain, overall, had a better story and your actions actually decides the outcome.

Still playing Chrono Cross. I'm really trying to like it, but it just isn't clicking right with me. I recently picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and Indigo Prophecy (another Quantric Dream game I've never got around to playing yet).

Also, I've been dabbling with A Link in Time on emulator. Never played it before.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Is the second considerably better than the third? I'm willing to trudge through the first if the second is an improvement (I'm way too OCD not to finish the first if I'm going to try the second...ha...but thanks for the advice).
    I like the first, but yeah the second Uncharted is as much an improvement as Mass Effect 2 was over the first (I know that could be a controversial statement for some people, but hey opinions.)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy IV all night.

*edit* played for like 6 hours, died on Mt. Ordeals, hadn't saved since Edward joined my party 2-3 hours earlier. Fuck.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 11-27-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Abe's Oddysee.
    I forgot how hard this game is.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Completely no idea what to play next... Witcher 2 is an option, but it's pretty hard. I have a backlog, but no idea where to start.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    Abe's Oddysee.
    I forgot how hard this game is.
    Fantastic game, but yeah it doesn't hold your hand at all. It's a damn hard game.

Speaking of hard games...

I've gone back to playing Persona 4 Arena since I have nothing else to play that interest me at the moment. I'm STILL trying to beat Score Attack with my main, Akihiko. I ended up beating Score Attack once...ONCE.

Back in January.

With the WRONG CHARACTER.

(I had to take a picture of the Congratulations screen because I was shocked I won)
    I haven't beaten Score Attack since.

I usually get to round 7 (Mitsuru) then she just proceeds to beat the living fuck out of me. She's over powered and Akihiko has no projectiles. He has one full screen move but you can't use it till you only have 25% life left and by that time, it's pretty much over for me.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 11-30-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My PS3's hard drive is officially full, so I'm going through and playing little bits of all the games I've accumulated from PS Plus over the last year, starting with something I've always kicked myself for not having played when it was new - Shadow of the Colossus!

The controls are kinda dated and hard to get used to, but this shit is epic. And I don't mean the new "trendy" use of the word epic, I mean the beautiful and glorious and adventurous kind of epic. Beating the first Colossus is one HELL of a feeling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    My PS3's hard drive is officially full, so I'm going through and playing little bits of all the games I've accumulated from PS Plus over the last year, starting with something I've always kicked myself for not having played when it was new - Shadow of the Colossus!

The controls are kinda dated and hard to get used to, but this shit is epic. And I don't mean the new "trendy" use of the word epic, I mean the beautiful and glorious and adventurous kind of epic. Beating the first Colossus is one HELL of a feeling.

I'm currently playing this as well (for the second time). One of my favorite games of all time. Beautiful, epic, and kind of heartbreaking....defeating each Colossus feels so rewarding yet I feel sad watching them fall.

I would say the only problem is with the controls, I mean how hard is it to get on your horse sometimes?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    I'm currently playing this as well (for the second time). One of my favorite games of all time. Beautiful, epic, and kind of heartbreaking....defeating each Colossus feels so rewarding yet I feel sad watching them fall.

I would say the only problem is with the controls, I mean how hard is it to get on your horse sometimes?
    Ugh, every time someone mentions this game I kick myself for not finishing it when I had a Playstation. I had it when I was a kid and just kind of mulled around for a bit and gave up, I played it maybe like 6 hours total and didn't actually do anything. If I ever come across a copy, I'm buying a new console just so I can play it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Enjoying Killzone: Shadow Fall so far. The story is dumb as hell.. no I take that back, the dialogue is dumb, the setting is great, but every time a character opens their mouth a spew of cliche washes over everything making the frankly stunning visuals somewhat duller... But then you get to play it again and it becomes a bit like a more linear Crysis 2, which I really liked.
    The other game I'm digging on the PS4 is Resogun.. that game is addictive. I'm still working through Tearaway, which I still think all Vita owners should give a go.
    Really want a big adventure game, and keep thinking about getting AC4.. but I've not gotten on with any of the games since 2.. so yeah.. not sure..

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Enjoying Killzone: Shadow Fall so far. The story is dumb as hell.. no I take that back, the dialogue is dumb, the setting is great, but every time a character opens their mouth a spew of cliche washes over everything making the frankly stunning visuals somewhat duller... But then you get to play it again and it becomes a bit like a more linear Crysis 2, which I really liked.
    The other game I'm digging on the PS4 is Resogun.. that game is addictive. I'm still working through Tearaway, which I still think all Vita owners should give a go.
    Really want a big adventure game, and keep thinking about getting AC4.. but I've not gotten on with any of the games since 2.. so yeah.. not sure..
    Honestly...while a lot of the events in the past games would be spoiled for you, and other things would seem unclear or confusing, I feel like AC4 would be a really good AC game I'd recommend to someone. It's super fun, and there's loads of stuff to do. If nothing else, you could rent it and decide for yourself. I rented it, decided I liked it, and ended up keeping it for a couple of weeks rather than buying it. :P That way I could get it out of my system AND avoid paying $60 for it. Actually, you CAN get it for relatively cheap right now, I think. That may have been a Black Friday weekend thing, but it should still be at least below the $59.99 pricetag.

Anyway, if you've not too concerned with missing out on some major plot details and feel like you can piece together what happened well enough on your own, I say go for it - at least as a rental, if you're concerned about money. I wasn't sold on the game before it came out, and it really won me over.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Really want a big adventure game
    Since you have a Vita, maybe check out Ys: Memories of Celceta. It's like an old style Zelda game. The plot isn't anything special, but it's still my favorite Vita game so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So two months ago I bought Borderlands 2 (a year late, I know), having never played the first one. For the first two days I was kind of worried. I thought it was a bit of a bore. My feelings have completely changed on this one. This is easily one of the funnest games I've ever played (and I've only done single player mode!). Before I knew it I had put in about 50 hours on it (thanks, Steam). I'm used to COD-style combat games, so this was really refreshing. I love the colorful worlds and animated visual style. I know it's a bit of a cliche, but this is really a one-of-a-kind game. FPS games have never felt addictive to me, but with the RPG elements this has become my new blow. It has renewed my interest in gaming for the year. It's not perfect, though. The map system is a bit of a mess and I was constantly respawning and getting killed early in the game to an annoying degree...but I later learned how to build up my character to avoid this. Some games are super interesting (the Civ series), some are great for beers with your buds (this year it was NBA2k13), and some are just plain fun. I usually don't get so excited for a game, but this was a new experience for me. /jerk sesh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey if you want someone to do the final boss fight or new game + with, I'm "caldrax" on steam. I haven't played a ton of borderlands in awhile, but I also have the tiny tina expansion. I kinda have spent as much time as I feel like I can spend on it, so I'm looking to burn through the last few bits I haven't done yet and then finally uninstall it, but I'd be down to play with you if you want.