Page 33 of 129 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just realizing that kingdom hearts 1.5 comes out tuesday. I'll probably be picking it up.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Claire A yeah. Made it to the sewers without a save then died. Fucking Sherry.
    Were you going on a no save run?

It's been a looooooong time since I've done one of those.

Did you see that Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles are free on PS+?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Downloaded the umbrella and darkside chronicles from PS+. Haven't played a rail shooter for a long time and I'm having a good time reliving the classic games this way.

Really it's just filler til GTA V comes out.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah I got both of those, and they are awful. Restarted, and did Leon A in just over 4 hours with 1 save and got a B. Now doing Claire B.
    Last edited by bruised; 09-09-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Why not?

Will play tonight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Condemned: Criminal Origins. Following a walkthrough to get all the metal pieces and unlock the last two propaganda reports.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm trying FF14

it's....
    I don't get this MMO thing. Like even more so now. It seems likethe whole concept leaves something to be desired really. The execution here is bland and frustrating. Navigation is atrocious. Your dropped in a huge city and told "go to the lift?" well how the fuck am i supposed to know where that is? the map system does not help. you fumble through numerous versions of the same map. One that vaguely represents where you are, and one that vaguely represents where the goal is. The navigation alone is why I'm trading this in towards GTA V on tuesday.

Very grindy, shit writing, i have yet to encounter the social element. Lord knows how it's supposed to blossom with the fucktons of spamming going on.

And the Final Fantasy element? none of this feels like final fantasy. it has Chocobos, and things often share a name with something, somewhere else in FF. but that's about it.

I am very perplexed at all this.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Yeah I got both of those, and they are awful. Restarted, and did Leon A in just over 4 hours with 1 save and got a B. Now doing Claire B.

I hate to say it but I actually got a Wii just for Umbrella Chronicles when it first came out.

I made a big mistake on that lol. I never even played Darkside Chronicles. I heard that the camera is shaky as hell in Darkside and makes aiming a complete bitch.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I can't play games like that, I think they're lame. When my dashboard told me they were available, I had no idea what they were, I just downloaded them. Then deleted them.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

So yeah, I bought it. Enjoying it so far.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

So yeah, I bought it. Enjoying it so far.
    Double post quotin' self!

Me and my friend beat the game on Normal (Medium) last night. We started a second playthrough on Nightmare (Master). Unsure if that's a good idea or not.

Me and said friend also beat Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel this weekend. Pretty fun game (not GOTY material or a huge thought-provoking game) and we've pretty much beat it completely along with the achievements (getting 42 or 46 achievements and 765G total). All that's left is pretty much just beating the game on Insane difficulty to get all outfits and such unlocked to be bought. I'll probably 1000 G this game. Fun co-op shooter.

Me and him got Splinter Cell: Blacklist set for our playtime tonight. Bring on more co-op!

Pretty much the only thing of my focus at the moment is co-op gaming. So much fun.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So while everyone's moving on to the newest thing (GTA5), I'll be just getting around to Bioshock Infinite! got it for $15 brand new, it was a Wal-Mart sale but they didn't have any at the stores i went to so i just price matched it at Best Buy lol fucking win!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Decided to revisit gta:sa. Might pick V up for Christmas.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    To do:
    - Finish BF3 campaign
    - Finish original Far Cry (give all ammo speed-run?)
    - Play through Mass Effect 2 again, but as a complete asshole of a captain

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Finished Infinite so now I've went and picked up where i left off with Bioshock 2 again, i got as far as the Wales fight in Siren Alley and that was two years ago lol so with Infinite done it has sort of rekindled my desire to finish that game, i can't remember why i stopped playing... just burned out, lacking motivation... and i was probably getting frustrated with the game.

After playing for a bit today I've reached Dionysus Park and I've just picked up my second Little Sister of three for Stanley Poole, also on my second corpse for her to harvest ADAM from.

EDIT: Couldn't resist playing some more, decided to wack Stanley Poole.. just saved in the train before i pull the switch to go to the next stage (I'm aware it autosaves just after but i had to turn off in a hurry and couldn't wait.)
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 09-20-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've been inundated with new games that I preordered a while ago. I've just gotten through Rayman Legends on Vita (now considering picking it up for PS3 when the price drops as that version is apparently slightly different and generally better), picked up the obligatory GTA5, Kingdom Hearts HD, and Diablo III.

I've tried them all, but nothing is really pulling me away from Final Fantasy 14.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    14 must be good then. I'm assuming it really opens up at some point?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    14 must be good then. I'm assuming it really opens up at some point?
    I like it, and yeah, the game is massive, but it's got its share of problems, some of which are fixable.

The map in the game is really horrendous and needs a major overhaul. Also, while I'm not hating the micromanaging as much as I thought I would, there REALLY needs to be an inventory "auto sort" function. Battlecraft leves need to give higher rewards to make them worth doing also. The targeting system could use some tweaks as well, but it works well enough if you customize it and create a custom loadout.

My biggest complaints regard things they really can't do anything about at this point. A lot of the dialogue is cringe inducing, and the story so far seems to be pretty generic. People online say it gets a lot better, so I'll see, but so far it's tempting to just skip through it all. The character customization options are incredibly limited for a modern MMO, and so you basically see little variation in character appearance. The game also really stresses that you pretty much need to do tons of grindy crafting and gathering to make money and deck yourself out with good gear... and while the crafting is actually sorta fun in a minigame sort of way, the gathering classes are dull as hell. You basically walk up to the sparkly dot, click X, wait, and then do it over and over again. It's kind of maddening.

All that said, yeah, otherwise I love it. For everything it does wrong it does ten things perfectly. So far I think it'll hold me in there at least up until the end game (which is still pretty far away), and then we'll see what new content they'll be adding. If you like classic MMORPGs and you can handle the occasionally grinding and fetch quests, this is an amazing game.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I beat Skyrim. I'm so goddamn proud of myself, I think I'll commission myself a trophy. Started it in 2011, took a loooong break in 2012, then started in up again a month ago. 218 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Playing Psychonauts for the first time. I'm liking it so far except for the horrible PC control scheme. you can tell it's meant to played with a controller.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Starting Dead Space over again after playing about halfway through it however many years ago. I never realized how fun/scary it really is! Gonna complete it and then start working toward achievements.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Having another stab at it. It was largely unplayed (still until this very day) from my HD Collection. Me and my friend are running co-op on it and now that I have a firmer handle on the resource management (Ugh) and having more fun and laughs with it. It's still not a favorite title from this series from me but it's fun for what it's worth. I'm sure it was a blast on PSP though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^^ I still need to finish that...

Finished GTA a couple days ago. Now, i'm debating on what's next. Considering another run on Skyrim (which I never finished), or Half Life 2 (another I haven't finished). Turns out, I have a lot of games on the shelf that I haven't finished. Probably picking up Fifa tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since I don't have GTA V yet I'm working through Episodes from Liberty City: The Lost and Damned, which I started but never finished.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Restarted Mass Effect 2. Gonna play through as the "asshole hardcase captain"!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Beat Hotline Miami. Super fun. Its kind of like a really good, long lost NES game that got banned due to violence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if anyone on these boards is into trophies/achievements like I am but I think I'm going to work on trophies for MGS4 today along with starting new games on either Dead Space or Tomb Raider to work on those as well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Downloading the Beta as we speak. Will post thoughts later.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Downloading the Beta as we speak. Will post thoughts later.
    So...

Pros

- Solid gameplay is still there
    - Easier weapon and soldier customization
    - Decent map included (Seige of Shanghai)
    - Mostly balanced gunplay
    - New knife mechanic and animation

Cons

- Seems like an expansion pack for Battlefield 3. Like Battlefield 3.5.
    - Dumbed down vehicle controls.
    - New button layout like every cookie cutter FPS. Removal of familiar buttons and functions.
    - Clunkier menus and slow configuration.
    - Disappointing graphics, I know this is a Beta and dumbed down graphically but it still screams BF3.

Overall, not looking too good. I however will still get it for my Xbox One.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Bought it in May. Haven't touched it since the week I got it.

Playing it for October since it has mutants haha. Super fun.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-07-2013 at 07:35 PM.