Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
Hey y'all, I have a topic for discussion.
Do you guys want more twin peaks or do you fear it will go sideways?
And if you do want more of it, what would you like to see?

As for me, I want more but I'm also scared it won't go down right.
A couple more movies would be nice, and they could be Showtime originals or something. I think it would be great to see Kiefer Sutherland and Chris Isaak back again, and I also think that Michael Shannon was born to play a part in Twin Peaks.
I think that we have to have a reasonable expectation that more Twin Peaks equals a resolution to what we saw at the end of the third season and that we'll be left with a new mystery and ending point that won't resolve itself if there's another season. I don't see Twin Peaks as now being something that has an ending unless we, the audience, give it one. It might have been the original intention when the show was first being produced to give it an ending, but now, I think it just keeps going and going.

I'm personally torn on wanting more. I enjoyed getting to fill in the gaps on my own to see if they'd pay off or not, but also enjoyed being able to speculate on other things and not have to feel like there's anything invalidating about that speculation. I leave it in Lynch and Frost's hands on if they want to do more. I'm along for the ride either way.