Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It went pretty well, generally well-received, but I don't think it had any of the original Dallas's creative staff. Viewership started strong and dropped substantially every year, but the cancellation was still surprising, because it wasn't doing badly even by season 3.

It's possible that a Twin Peaks revival might go a similar way - initially drawing in lots of people who just want to see what the hype's about, then losing interest over time if they find it's not for them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I finally just now got settled down to watch the blu-ray set; since the time I've had it (day before release: July 28th) Sons of Anarchy, True Blood and American Horror Story took priority.

I only watched the pilot though tonight and I must say the quality is superb. I really enjoyed it seeing as the only time I've ever seen the pilot was a lousy file online that I got from a torrent. It was marvelous to watch it on my 55" plasma HDTV.

Side note: Does anyone here know where to obtain a cheap but working blu-ray copy of Lost Highway for the United States/Region A? I've only ever found copies for Japan and Australia and neither would work here as far as I know since the discs aren't region free.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Amazon will probably be your best bet. That's if there's a blu ray (not sure). That's the only way (aside from ebay) for me to get anything Lynch. Might buy the set in the next month or so. Price dropped to 90, last I checked. 90 is little more affordable for me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Side note: Does anyone here know where to obtain a cheap but working blu-ray copy of Lost Highway for the United States/Region A? I've only ever found copies for Japan and Australia and neither would work here as far as I know since the discs aren't region free.
    as far as i know, lost highway hasn't been released on region 1/a blu-ray as of yet. but chances are it will be soon. the DVD is actually pretty good quality (and was a miracle because it took FOREVER for it to get released). keep an eye on http://www.screenarchives.com/ that's where my wife got the new blu-ray of wild at heart, so it seems likely they might eventually release lost highway.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just find the US lacking certain film releases and special editions to be a joke. Getting any of these movies is a hassle and since most aren't region free, they aren't even worth getting to begin with. I've tossed DVD aside, otherwise I'd buy it that way.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Some bluray players are capable of having their region lock removed. Check on the web to see if for your player it's possible.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's possible that some could be region free blu rays. A while back I ordered a set of the first three seasons of game of thrones. It ended up being a uk version. No problems with it. Then again, it's on my ps4 (not region locked).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I just started watching this show, and am loving it so far, but one thing is driving me nuts: where have I heard that theme song before? I definitely have never watched the show before but I'm positive I've heard the song. Was it ever used in other movies/tv shows? Or possibly sampled in some other artist's song?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The song is called "falling" by Julee Cruise, the song was written by David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti, the version that opens the series is the instrumental one but the original has lyrics sang by Cruise, it became a radio hit after the series success, maybe that's were you heard it...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    where have I heard that theme song before?
    I think it may have been sampled in some commercials of the 90s.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 11-14-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I just started watching this show, and am loving it so far, but one thing is driving me nuts: where have I heard that theme song before? I definitely have never watched the show before but I'm positive I've heard the song. Was it ever used in other movies/tv shows? Or possibly sampled in some other artist's song?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    I think it may have been sampled in some commercials of the 90s.
    Perhaps Moby's track "Go," which sampled Twin Peaks music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Perhaps Moby's track "Go," which sampled Twin Peaks music.
    He sampled Laura Palmer's Theme

Also Tones On Tail's song "Go!"

http://www.whosampled.com/sample/112...mer%27s-Theme/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Hmm.. maybe it was a commercial, but I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PQHooligan View Post
    He sampled Laura Palmer's Theme

Also Tones On Tail's song "Go!"

http://www.whosampled.com/sample/112...mer%27s-Theme/
    Ah my bad.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finally caved and bought the set. Very nice. The remastering is pretty nice so far. Watching the pilot now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    In this song too:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just finished my rewatch of the series. Man, the second season really fell off. Some great monents. Lots of filler though. Lacks the magic the first season had. Hopefully the new season does it right.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I thought Windom Earle was a great addition to the second season and definitely a step in a right direction. Hoping to see him again in '16.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    When Windom was introduced, the season was starting to get back on track. After they revealed the killer, it just went all over the place. The Jean Renault stuff just felt like filler. The stuff between. Andy and Dick. It may have benefited to have a shorter season. That first half was great. Fell off in the middle. And picked up towards the end. Felt like something was missing throughout the season. It was like everyone gave up.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I like Windom Earle too, i also like the Leo Johnson "resurrection" (even though it makes no sense, lol).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    NOW THAT'S THE BEST DAMN CUP OF COFFEE IN HISTORY

Allcaps doesn't even begin to describe what this news did to me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There was no way the show could've continued without him. Great news!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally checked this series out on Netflix.

That finale was one of the most fucked up things I ever watched. Loved it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Apparently there have been issues getting contracts sorted for Twin Peaks.

Thing seem to be looking a bit hazy.

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/d...complications/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Egh... Wonder who's holding it up.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I hope this is just a sick joke...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If you read it closely...
    I think it more sounds like it might not be coming in 2016 rather than not at all.
    Like these contract details are delaying them getting it started in time for a 2016 release.
    Especially when you read Lynch's statement later, it sounds like he's pretty sure it will eventually happen.
    Starts off with these "Oh no! Please don't be" assumptions, then you read later quotes that contradict the whole article.
    Just sounds like another one of those articles trying to exaggerate something just to get the reader to click the link to me.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    They should've had all these damn things worked out before the announcement though, I guess I'll just never understand the politics of this stuff. I get wanting to build hype and all that on the marketing tip, i get that it takes some time to finalize this stuff and that's fine... take the time behind the scenes and announce it later.. this is what I've always hated about how media of any type gets announced and granted there can be filming setbacks once they get to it... people get sick, injured and stuff like that (or in rare cases straight up die) afterward but that'd be more forgivable than stupid contract disputes ffs...work that shit out before making the commitment with the fans.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word is that Showtime has full on cancelled the next season entirely.