Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benoïde View Post
    I found this in the code...

Ahhh, the point of NIN fans <3

"Roger, come in here"

I THINK is a duplicate clip from the first episode. He's definitely wearing the same suit.
    Last edited by icklekitty; 07-10-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Clueless Coop is just so dam cute at times... I just wanna give him a big hug.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The text to Diane is indeed interesting.
    More doppelgangers? I hope not.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Rewatching part 9, I noticed something that has serious ramifications if it wasn't a mistake of some kind.
    Truman says that 10/1 is in two days. But when Hastings signs and dates the lineup photo of Briggs, he dates it 9/20.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Rewatching part 9, I noticed something that has serious ramifications if it wasn't a mistake of some kind.
    Truman says that 10/1 is in two days. But when Hastings signs and dates the lineup photo of Briggs, he dates it 9/20.
    I'm pretty sure he wrote 9/29.

This show is so frustrating yet so annoyingly fun for me.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I'm pretty sure he wrote 9/29.

This show is so frustrating yet so annoyingly fun for me.
    It sure looked like 9/20 to me. Maybe I need to look at it again.
    Edit: okay, I see how it's a nine. But it's barely a fucking nine. False alarm I suppose. Damnit, I thought I had caught something interesting
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-11-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It sure looked like 9/20 to me. Maybe I need to look at it again.
    Edit: okay, I see how it's a nine. But it's barely a fucking nine. False alarm I suppose. Damnit, I thought I had caught something interesting
    well, you did. it's not being told linearly, which doesn't surprise me at all. i caught that, too.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    well, you did. it's not being told linearly, which doesn't surprise me at all. i caught that, too.
    i don't know man. i looked at it again and i think it's supposed to be a 9

i really can't fucking tell. i could go either way.

here are people debating it in fact

Also, 9 or not, i'm with you @eversonpoe . I strongly suspect that this story isn't linear, especially since we've got fucking alternate dimensions and possibly time travel going on.

Is it future or is it past?
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-11-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I am so impressed that Major Briggs is playing such a pivotal role in the new series, and that piece of paper was bundled up with tons of info. Man, what a freaking ride so far.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Also, 9 or not, i'm with you @eversonpoe . I strongly suspect that this story isn't linear, especially since we've got fucking alternate dimensions and possibly time travel going on.

no, it's definitely a 9, but that still means those events were a couple days apart

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I am so impressed that Major Briggs is playing such a pivotal role in the new series, and that piece of paper was bundled up with tons of info. Man, what a freaking ride so far.
    ack, sorry for the double-post

did you read Secret History Of Twin Peaks? i can't remember. you really should if you haven't.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

It's not a linear story but that is a 9. I noticed it and went back and checked. He also says "9/29" as he writes it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    It's not a linear story but that is a 9. I noticed it and went back and checked. He also says "9/29" as he writes it.
    so I've got to ask because I'm intrigued now: do you have a theory as to which parts of the story are out of order?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

Some people will harsh on this version, but that's fine. I love it and I love her. Don't give af if some think she can't act; her twitchy, peculiar body language is one of my favorite aspects about this new season. And she has the goddamn sexiest walk for a woman I think I've ever seen in my life. You can especially see it in that scene when she's told to go back in the diner by Gordon after they visit with DoppelDale.

Her new album is choice, too..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Some people will harsh on this version...
    Not me, that's for sure. Worth noting that an MP3 is available through her website. It's very different, of course, but I'm loving it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post

Some people will harsh on this version, but that's fine. I love it and I love her. Don't give af if some think she can't act; her twitchy, peculiar body language is one of my favorite aspects about this new season. And she has the goddamn sexiest walk for a woman I think I've ever seen in my life. You can especially see it in that scene when she's told to go back in the diner by Gordon after they visit with DoppelDale.

Her new album is choice, too..
    I agree about her walk. But now I'm wondering if you have an answer to the question that you originally posted.

The only thing that really has me thinking non-linear is the part with Dale in the white lodge (?) talking to the giant/fireman(?). I think that scene could be after he's woke up from his dougie phase.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    so I've got to ask because I'm intrigued now: do you have a theory as to which parts of the story are out of order?
    Not a firm enough one to date them but I've been paying attention to the technology. Also I think season 3 town of twin peaks is 2014 and we know secret history is 2016. Episode 9 has made me less sure of timeline as stuff is weaving together. Also by linear I'm not taking years here. Some is a different reality and some is stuff shot out of sequence. E.g. All the scenes and shots that repeat within a scene. 119 woman, Janey-e finding out about Jade.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Not a firm enough one to date them but I've been paying attention to the technology. Also I think season 3 town of twin peaks is 2014 and we know secret history is 2016. Episode 9 has made me less sure of timeline as stuff is weaving together. Also by linear I'm not taking years here. Some is a different reality and some is stuff shot out of sequence. E.g. All the scenes and shots that repeat within a scene. 119 woman, Janey-e finding out about Jade.
    When you say different reality, are you talking about more than the lodges? Because I've been expecting a like multiverse type of reveal ever since I found out about the inconsistencies in The Secret History. I've also wondered about some type of time loop situation.
    Jesus, I've never thought so much about a tv show or been so excited for when it came on each week.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just noticed that Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (and the condensed version) aren't being sold directly by Amazon anymore, only other sellers. Wonder why? Out of print?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I just noticed that Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (and the condensed version) aren't being sold directly by Amazon anymore, only other sellers. Wonder why? Out of print?
    Oh that sucks!

Yeah i just looked on Amazon Canada and it's the same deal. "Currently Unavailable" although it doesn't even give me options for other sellers either. I had always intended to buy that at some point and now i can't? That's bullshit...

So what... is the plan to re-release with Season 3 and increase the price? -_-

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Oh that sucks!

Yeah i just looked on Amazon Canada and it's the same deal. "Currently Unavailable" although it doesn't even give me options for other sellers either. I had always intended to buy that at some point and now i can't? That's bullshit...

So what... is the plan to re-release with Season 3 and increase the price? -_-
    Weird thing is the Gold Box is still in print and being sold by Amazon

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Is TP on at the usual time in the US tonight? The UK simulcast is being pushed back by an hour because that gorefest jock TV fantasy series is back.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Is TP on at the usual time in the US tonight? The UK simulcast is being pushed back by an hour because that gorefest jock TV fantasy series is back.
    "jock"

lol no. Try watching the show. There's so much female empowerment on the show, and central to the story, that it'll make your head spin.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    that gorefest jock TV fantasy series is back.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Dougie's face (you know the one) was the absolute best and holy shit is MacLachlan looking hot or what?

It felt like that episode was cut down, but maybe the next scenes just didn't edit well into that episode format as it wasn't made with episodes in mind.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It was nice seeing Rebekah Del Rio at the end. Of course made me think of ​Mulholland Dr.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Did we know that aggro drug dealing guy is Audrey''s son?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Eamon Farrer is an absolute lunatic on this show. I kept waiting for him to snap and kill that annoying repeating bear thing. But I think it says more about how unhinged he is that he didn't even acknowledge it.

And wow, Rebekah Del Rio still has a voice that can make your guts ache. Outside pieces of Lynch lore showing up on the show like that go a long way.

Moby...eh, not so much.

Also, this:

"I can throw a car farther than I trust that rat fuck.."

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Good lord. So much ambiguity in this episode. And I've never searched a show so much for "clues."
    Like I think there may have been some kind of code hidden in the weather forecast: I paused it and looked at it for like two minutes. sometimes it's maddening.
    Interesting that Cole didn't seem overly surprised to see what he saw at his door.