Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't have Showtime, and I thought I might have been able to get it through my sister's Hulu, which she lets me share with her, but she doesn't want to do that even though I'd be fronting her the money.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah we are finishing up rewatching everything and reading the book and I am checking for twin peaks news every day and have become kind of obsessed with it

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Won't you be able to buy each episode individually or as a season on Amazon? You can do that with shows like Westworld, Walking Dead, etc. Plus you can buy individual eps (or season mode) of the first two seasons of TP..
    My issue is more about wanting to see them as they air. Haven't watched a tv show like that in a while (besides the new season of Samurai Jack).

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Well...we just watched it.

This thing was basically the epitome of a 5/10 movie for me. It was simultaneously a heartbreaking, riveting, incredibly tense, well-performed and absolutely necessary look at Laura's character and into her life, and an overindulgent, poorly conceived, overlong, uncomfortably gratuitous experience. We both felt there was a lot of things that didn't need to be shown - personally I felt it ruined Leland - and that by the halfway point it was doing little more than stringing moments we'd already known about together, and became extremely tedious. I get why it received the negative reception it did.

I don't regret having watched it, though. It was....delicious garmonbozia.

And David Bowie's brief appearance (and questionable accent) didn't hurt. While I knew he was in (and that was a MAJOR reason I was looking forward to this - if only there could be more!), my SO did not so that got a great big gasp and a smile from her - she missed his name in the opening credits, I said nothing and waited.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 05-10-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Well...we just watched it.

This thing was basically the epitome of a 5/10 movie for me. It was simultaneously a heartbreaking, riveting, incredibly tense, well-performed and absolutely necessary look at Laura's character and into her life, and an overindulgent, poorly conceived, overlong, uncomfortably gratuitous experience. We both felt there was a lot of things that didn't need to be shown - personally I felt it ruined Leland - and that by the halfway point it was doing little more than stringing moments we'd already known about together, and became extremely tedious. I get why it received the negative reception it did.

I don't regret having watched it, though. It was....delicious garmonbozia.

And David Bowie's brief appearance (and questionable accent) didn't hurt. While I knew he was in (and that was a MAJOR reason I was looking forward to this - if only there could be more!), my SO did not so that got a great big gasp and a smile from her - she missed his name in the opening credits, I said nothing and waited.
    Do you plan on watching The Missing Pieces now? I haven't watched it yet as I didn't know about it on my first watch through of the show/movie, but I'm almost done with my second runthrough of the series at which point I plan on rewatching the movie and then checking out TMP.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I've only just now realized that Laura Dern (who is featured prominently in that Variety article/photoshoot) is Ellie from Jurassic Park. Totally forgetting that she also was in three DL films (of which I only saw Blue Velvet). Damn she looks good.
    Last edited by fillow; 05-12-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I've only just now realized that Laura Dern (who is featured prominently in that Variety article/photoshoot) is Ellie from Jurassic Park. Totally forgetting that she also was in three DL films (of which I only saw Blue Velvet). Damn she looks good.
    you should definitely watch Wild At Heart (it's my wife's fav lynch film) and laura dern is fantastic in it. it's also the first time nicolas cage really got to be NICOLAS CAGE (if you know what i mean). i still haven't seen Inland Empire but i'd like to.

on our re-watch, we just have the double episode finale left, and then we'll be re-watching Fire Walk With Me. really excited for the new season.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Do you plan on watching The Missing Pieces now? I haven't watched it yet as I didn't know about it on my first watch through of the show/movie, but I'm almost done with my second runthrough of the series at which point I plan on rewatching the movie and then checking out TMP.
    Oh my, yes. I believe that's 'canon' if we can apply that term to Twin Peaks.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So a bit of speculation came to me in a flash and it just sounds right for some reason: I think Hawk is probably the sheriff now

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Or it's still Truman. He's still there. Just a different actor.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    are you certain about that though?

as far as i know, it has not been confirmed which character Robert Forster will be playing.
    My bet is that he will be playing Frank Truman, but there's really no telling.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-13-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

as far as i know, it has not been confirmed which character Robert Forster will be playing.
    Could swear that I read somewhere that he was. Same with Malkovich being the log lady. Don't remember where I saw this though.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Could swear that I read somewhere that he was. Same with Malkovich being the log lady. Don't remember where I saw this though.
    Oh I read it somewhere too; I'm just not sure if it's true or not.
    I think things have been repeated about who will be playing who by writers who may not be familiar with David Lynch. I am assuming that the actors we've seen in the teasers are portraying their old characters, but I don't know about anyone else. Not much would surprise me.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-13-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Somewhere in NYC

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

robert forster is playing harry's brother, frank, who i assumed would now be the sheriff, but it's possible hawk will have taken up the position.

as for malkovich playing the log lady, i don't think that's actually happening on the show, is it? i thought that was just a weird promotional thing.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    robert forster is playing harry's brother, frank, who i assumed would now be the sheriff, but it's possible hawk will have taken up the position.

as for malkovich playing the log lady, i don't think that's actually happening on the show, is it? i thought that was just a weird promotional thing.
    where did you hear confirmation about frank?

Okay, here's why i think that Hawk will be Sheriff. Yesterday i was watching David Frost do a reading of the book at a little store. (edit: on youtube)
    And one of the fans brought up Hawk, and he was like "oh, yeah, he's great. and you're really gonna like where he is now, what he's doing now, in the new show." So like, really, where else could he logically "be" now that people would like? And remember this is Mark, not David, so logic does not go automatically out the window.

He said something along those lines. And then i thought about that teaser where hawk has the only speaking part.

Malkovich as log lady, i think that was just part of the Psychogenic Fugue thing that he made for Lynch's fundraiser last year.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-14-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    where did you hear confirmation about frank?

Okay, here's why i think that Hawk will be Sheriff. Yesterday i was watching David Frost do a reading of the book at a little store. (edit: on youtube)
    And one of the fans brought up Hawk, and he was like "oh, yeah, he's great. and you're really gonna like where he is now, what he's doing now, in the new show." So like, really, where else could he logically "be" now that people would like? And remember this is Mark, not David, so logic does not go automatically out the window.

He said something along those lines. And then i thought about that teaser where hawk has the only speaking part.

Malkovich as log lady, i think that was just part of the Psychogenic Fugue thing that he made for Lynch's fundraiser last year.
    did you mean Mark Frost? because you wrote David Frost (and then said "this is Mark, not David") so that was a bit confusing

i don't remember where i saw it but i thought i remembered lynch responding to a question about whether or not michael ontkean would be returning and his answer was that robert forster would be playing truman's brother since ontkean is retired from acting.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I picked up Johnny Jewel's album which has some music from the new series (apparently a good deal of it). Not all of it's my style but for a buck I'm not about to complain.

Now hit me with some Angelo goodness!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I started rewatching the old series a few days ago and something got my eye in the show opening credits.
    This is actually more of general television question, rather than Twin Peaks, but here goes: why some of the cast actors (most of them) displayed simply by their name, while other have a character name shown as well? Example from Twin Peaks: Joan Chen as Jocelyn Packard

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Didn't know this existed.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    First eight episode titles:
    Spoiler:
    Part 1: My log has a message for you
    Part 2: The stars turn and a time presents itself.

Part 3: Call for help.
    Part 4: …brings back some memories.
    Part 5: Case files.
    Part 6: Don't die.
    Part 7: There's a body all right.
    Part 8: Gotta light?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That little box on Gordon's coat is part of his hearing aide right? Why would he still have that in this day and age? Aren't all modern hearing aides self-contained now?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    While I can't claim to be an expert, my mom was wearing a self-contained hearing aid, earpiece only, back before this show first aired. So even in the old days Cole's gear was a bit cumbersome.

Her current one has a little wireless control box that she leaves at home, so that's probably a clip-on equivalent. Gotta maintain classic imagery I guess.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    That little box on Gordon's coat is part of his hearing aide right? Why would he still have that in this day and age? Aren't all modern hearing aides self-contained now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    While I can't claim to be an expert, my mom was wearing a self-contained hearing aid, earpiece only, back before this show first aired. So even in the old days Cole's gear was a bit cumbersome.

Her current one has a little wireless control box that she leaves at home, so that's probably a clip-on equivalent. Gotta maintain classic imagery I guess.
    also, gordon tends to be enamored by certain things, especially things that may seem antiquated. i guarantee the FBI tried to replace that for him, but he LIKES it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Can't wait...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn they have all aged pretty well, character-wise. Is that the Log Lady with Ben???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    Is that the Log Lady???
    Certainly looks like it could be, and from that Episode 1 title... I'm imagining she may have a brief but key role in the start of a new series of events.

I kept saying I was going to catch up on the first two series, but I still haven't got around to it. Mind you, I don't have Sky so I'm not sure how I'll see this new series anyway. Regardless - I'm still very excited about this.

I just saw something about Sky Ferreira, saying that she will have a properly written character, as opposed to effectively playing herself, for example like Julee Cruise. This got me thinking about the roles Trent and Mariqueen might be playing. I guess we can assume they won't have large acting parts, and to be honest I'd be very happy to just see them on stage in the Roadhouse. Anybody think we might see something more from them?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    This got me thinking about the roles Trent and Mariqueen might be playing. I guess we can assume they won't have large acting parts, and to be honest I'd be very happy to just see them on stage in the Roadhouse. Anybody think we might see something more from them?
    I would like to watch them in a small role; i don't think Trent now wants an Emmy when he already has an Oscar.
    I think it's safe to say they will be "performing" on the Roadhouse or some other place; since Robin Finck is also in the cast...