Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
I like it, but... his vocal delivery, patterns, and overall tone are unchanged from the last two or three albums. It's like he sings every song the same way now just with different lyrics and music in the background. There's not much variation. I'm a big fan of his catalog, but I just find myself becoming more and more bored with each new album.
Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
While I wouldn't say I was bored with it, I did find it startling how similar My Name Is Ruin was to the songs on Splinter! Listening to Savage that feeling didn't exactly go away, it's like a direct continuation of the previous album.
Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
Deliberately so. Hence the similar subtitle.
i hear a few similar motifs on the new album from the previous one, but nothing that makes me feel like he didn't make a new album. trent repeats motifs all the time and people think it's cool how it connects his work...why can't gary do the same?

i listened to Savage this morning and i thoroughly enjoyed it. the guitar tone isn't quite as full as Splinter, which is about my only complaint. as an album, i feel like it flowed a bit better than Splinter, but there weren't as many songs that i absolutely loved. overall, a solid album, and it fits nicely with its predecessor as a suite.