Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Numan

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Frazer, Director of Metropolis Touring here.

Remember my email about the new Gary Numan Tour?

Well, I have GREAT news:
    Things just got better, WAY better.

As a director, I have the needs to provide you more

I'd like to offer an Exclusive Pre-Sale link to get tickets to Numan's tour

Even BEFORE they go out to the general public.

Secure your ticket from here

Brisbane
    http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Gary-Numan-tickets/artist/735777
    Melbourne
    http://specialevents.oztix.com.au/?Event=42093
    Sydney
    http://specialevents.oztix.com.au/?Event=42085

This Exclusive Pre-Sale will only be available from
    9am Monday 3rd March – 5pm Wednesday 5th March

Only the best,
    Frazer,
    Director At Metropolis Touring

P.S At the Forum in Melbourne 2011 we sold 1,423 tickets ...Hi Fi only holds 900

P.P.S At the Enmore Theatre in Sydney 2011 we sold 1,628 tickets ...Metro Theatre holds 1,100

Metropolis Touring
    581 Princes Hwy
    St Peters, NSW 2044
    02 8577 6934
    frazer@metropolistouring.com

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah! I'm going to Auckland. What a year for live music for me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Totally missed the announcement of the London show in November. When was THAT announced?!?

I'm definitely going. Had to sell my ticket for the Glasgow show last year because I ended up flying to the US to see some bloke called Trent Reznor... meh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I went to the Nashville show on March 17 and covered the pre-show, soundcheck, and show. I have a review and many pictures up at http://www.meowhousemedia.com/gary-numan-nashville if you are interested.

Our conversation focused a lot on NIN / TR because I told him I regretted missing his appearance in Atlanta last October when Robin played, so that got us on the subject. I put some quotes in there about it but left several out because I didn't want it to be a "NIN" interview. Gotta get away from that once in a while, you know? But he did say he thought NIN put on "Maybe the best live show I've ever seen - brilliant - the screens - they've got 82 people in the crew - eighty-fucking-two! - can you imagine?"

Also he was scared of "us" - it seems we have a a bit of a bad rep among opening bands - "“I was a little wary at first of coming on before Nine Inch Nails; I have seen what their fans do to their openers – it’s scary." Oh dear. :-D

There's a few pictures in the article and a big gallery at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my first time will be in Auckland in May.

excited as hell!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hell yeah, ill be there too. Can't wait!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^^You guys will love it. Honestly I think I was more excited to see this show than I will be for NIN this summer - first time probably ever I've said that. But that's a whole other topic innit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing, maryelle!

I saw Gary live for the first time ever last night at Webster Hall in NYC. Awesome show! Roman Remains and Big Black Delta were great warm-up acts, too. One of very few shows I've been to where I was a fan of all 3 bands beforehand. Anyway, Gary is seriously a better, more entertaining frontman than most people in his profession that are half his age. I loved just watching him. He's a highly present performer, which I was not entirely expecting. And his live band is a powerhouse. Their sound was huge, and wouldn't be out of place in venues 5x as large.

As good as the performance was, the highlight of the night still had to be Gary coming out for the encore (acting very polite/English in contrast to his live persona) saying "Sorry to bore you with my personal stuff, but tonight's my daughter Echo's 7th birthday." It was really adorable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^^You're welcome. He was great. And truly one of the nicest and most humble, friendly, welcoming musicians I have ever talked to. I feel very fortunate to have seen him in such a small venue, so close I could count the hairs on his arms and see the scratches on his boots. There's nothing that can beat that for watching live music.

I loved RR and BBD also - besides the music they are great to shoot. More so RR than BBD - Liela Moss is very physical in her performance and that is so much more interesting than people who stand there kissing the mic like statues all night. BBD is too to an extent but their set was so goddamn dark I barely got anything.

He's done or just about done on the film score so he said he's starting work on another album next, so I expect another US tour in the fall or winter. I'll try to hit up more than one show this time.

If you follow his twitter, he posted some pics of his kids in NYC and mentions Echo's birthday in them. Oh that reminds me, he talked in Nashville about his kids and going on some kind of Harry Potter ride - maybe at Disneyland? And said it was the worst and most frightening experience he's had as a father - apparently it's billed as a "kids' ride" and he asked the staff if they really meant it was suitable for young children and they said it was - well when they get you in there, you're strapped in and it goes UP and DOWN and SPINS and is fucking horrifying - he felt sick himself and his kids were screaming for him to get them out and he couldn't do anything about it - said it was the worst thing he's experienced as a father, listening to his children in terror and not being able to do anything.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryelle View Post
    ^^You're welcome. He was great. And truly one of the nicest and most humble, friendly, welcoming musicians I have ever talked to. I feel very fortunate to have seen him in such a small venue, so close I could count the hairs on his arms and see the scratches on his boots. There's nothing that can beat that for watching live music.

I loved RR and BBD also - besides the music they are great to shoot. More so RR than BBD - Liela Moss is very physical in her performance and that is so much more interesting than people who stand there kissing the mic like statues all night. BBD is too to an extent but their set was so goddamn dark I barely got anything.

He's done or just about done on the film score so he said he's starting work on another album next, so I expect another US tour in the fall or winter. I'll try to hit up more than one show this time.

If you follow his twitter, he posted some pics of his kids in NYC and mentions Echo's birthday in them. Oh that reminds me, he talked in Nashville about his kids and going on some kind of Harry Potter ride - maybe at Disneyland? And said it was the worst and most frightening experience he's had as a father - apparently it's billed as a "kids' ride" and he asked the staff if they really meant it was suitable for young children and they said it was - well when they get you in there, you're strapped in and it goes UP and DOWN and SPINS and is fucking horrifying - he felt sick himself and his kids were screaming for him to get them out and he couldn't do anything about it - said it was the worst thing he's experienced as a father, listening to his children in terror and not being able to do anything.
    Pretty sure that's the Harry Potter ride at Universal Studios in Orlando. I rode that fucker last year, it was amazing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just shelled out for the meet and greet package. Pretty expensive but it's a once in a lifetime thing so i'm going for it. Can't wait. Already met and had stuff signed by Rob Zombie and band and Trent Reznor this year

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    and Trent Reznor this year
    How'd you do that?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    At the airport. I was going home to CHCH and he was on his way to Wellingtonfor the next NIN show. His flight was leaving 10 mins before mine and he was literally at the gate next to me waiting. I kind of waited around for the right moment to go up because his wife and kids were there too but he was real cool and I didn't take much of him time, just said a few things and got my ticket signed. Was so awesome.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What did you ask/say?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    As for Numan,

So we have this for the upcoming Aus/NZ tour:

- A Limited Edition CD featuring an exclusive, previously unreleased track and Exclusive Artwork

For the US ones, have we determined yet what the exclusive track is this time around? Since the tour is well underway now... and will the Aussie/NZ one be different?

So far we've had the Everything Comes Down To This (Demo) and Here In The Black (Demo)...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    As for Numan,

So we have this for the upcoming Aus/NZ tour:

- A Limited Edition CD featuring an exclusive, previously unreleased track and Exclusive Artwork

For the US ones, have we determined yet what the exclusive track is this time around? Since the tour is well underway now... and will the Aussie/NZ one be different?

So far we've had the Everything Comes Down To This (Demo) and Here In The Black (Demo)...

Hmmm... here's what we have so far:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What did you ask/say?
    Not a heck of a lot, said the show was awesome last night, etc. Didn't wanna bug him too much. Didn't grease up or anything even though I could for hours. No one else seemed to recognize him which was funny. Josh Homme was in the airport too running around and being awesome with his kids.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Should have asked when AATCHB will finally be played. I'm adamant on getting him to answer that bloody question.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    EDIT: They didn't accept the question...

Anyway... Back on topic... I can't believe Echo is 7! It seems like yesterday when Gary was telling us she was born.

And I also wish I could have seen Gary on his current tour... I think his twitter said that he had the best Philly crowd ever.
    Last edited by REPLICA; 03-25-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I ordered the meet & greet as well, so this will be my third time meeting Gary!

...and never met Trent! Just touched his arm during Piggy...!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @voidnz - my computer is being a dick right now.

Could you please save the above 4 demos from YouTube to mp3 and PM them to me when you get a chance please? Or anyone else that has time for that matter.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sure can, but i'm at work atm so will do when i'm home in 6 hours.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Many thanks.

Had no idea that Piano Version of Dead Sun Rising existed. I think I have the other three but just want to cross-check with what I have.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A shadow falls on me is being a cunt.

I think the rest are uploading now....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Today is the day! NUUUUUMAAAAAAAN

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone going to be in Chicago for the show on Saturday? Really looking forward to it, as it'll be my first time seeing GN. Also can't wait for the two openers.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Gary Numan tonight!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Total fanboy moment last night. Had dinner with some friends last night in downtown mnpls at this small place called the loon. (we were going to the numan show next door right after). Right after we sat down and grabbed a beer, in walks Gary with his wife and band! When they were on their way out they walked right past our table, so we said hi and asked if a photo would be cool. Great experience, lots of smiles, he and his wife were really nice people. He seemed happy to say hi to us, shake some hands and also with a couple other fans in the bar, and told me the tour was going really well. Then the show totally ruled obviously. Dream come true, I had my doubts that I'd ever get to see him live let alone meet him.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Numan is playing the Middle Of The Map fest here in KC Thursday night and I couldn't be more excited. Really never thought that I'd ever get to see him, let alone inside of a tiny venue.