Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Random General Questions

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Urgh, that's pretty much exactly how I feel about my job. I'm sorry your wife doesn't enjoy what she does... There's nothing worse than having to go to a place you hate everyday for 8 hours.

Definitely sounds like your job has it's pros and cons! Not getting work for a month would definitely make things stressful though. Hopefully that's not the norm!

Being an adult is so overrated! Stupid responsibilities. Kinda glad I'm not alone in just pretending that I know what I'm doing... Definitely reassuring.
    it also doesn't help that her commute is an hour and a half each way, every day. she has a 0.8 mile walk to the train, takes the train into the loop (downtown chicago), has to walk several blocks to her bus stop, waits for the bus, takes the bus to the museum. i try to pick her up from the train as often as i can when she's coming home to make her life a little bit easier.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    About getting the life together, maybe you would enjoy movie The Giant Mechanical Man:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1769363/
    I certainly did, and I am 42 very soon. Don't worry about film name, it's not about transformers. :-)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Have you ever seen a music video that was so bad that you thought the song itself was bad too, only to find out later that the song actually kicks ass? Or is that just me?

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So would anyone be interested in playing Pathfinder (a tabletop RPG) via roll20.net? Its a cool system that I have used many times in the past. I'm willing to GM it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Is it still possible to search for friends on FaceBook and filter through criteria like hometown, school, workplace, etc...? Those options seem to have disappeared and it's getting increasingly difficult to find people in a general name search.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Struggling to come up with a fun, original (or at least not overly done) idea for a dress up party... It's my birthday in April and a bunch of us are getting a holiday house and going away for the weekend.

Any awesome ideas for a theme?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Struggling to come up with a fun, original (or at least not overly done) idea for a dress up party... It's my birthday in April and a bunch of us are getting a holiday house and going away for the weekend.

horror, horror, horror!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i'd say twin peaks because it's always awesome but it's definitely been done.

how about adventure time?

oooooh or agent carter! all the ladies can dress super sharp and be super smart and the guys can wear short, fat neckties and act like idiots!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

how about adventure time?

oooooh or agent carter! all the ladies can dress super sharp and be super smart and the guys can wear short, fat neckties and act like idiots!
    I've participated in a 20's and Black and White party both really successfully.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    Is it still possible to search for friends on FaceBook and filter through criteria like hometown, school, workplace, etc...? Those options seem to have disappeared and it's getting increasingly difficult to find people in a general name search.
    Yes, it is. Put in a query, then click on "people" on the left (under "result type"), then you have the option to filter by location, workplace or education.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

How about adventure time?

Oooooh or agent carter! All the ladies can dress super sharp and be super smart and the guys can wear short, fat neckties and act like idiots!
    adventure time would be amaaaazing.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Yes, it is. Put in a query, then click on "people" on the left (under "result type"), then you have the option to filter by location, workplace or education.
    Nope, the options just aren't there at all anymore. I looked up my issue on their Help page, and what I'm seeing is just the new update and tons of people are pissed about it. Now instead of typing in a name and having options to filter by age, gender, school/workplace, location, etc..., you have to type in all your criteria into the search bar. It basically works the same, more or less, but everyone (myself included) liked the old way better. But such is FaceBook; any time they change something, everyone bitches about it but eventually gets used to it until something else changes.

Over the last few weeks, I'd try searching for someone whose last name I didn't know, and it would just start throwing people at me all willy nilly from all over the globe and I didn't know how to narrow it down to my particular city or anything else specific. At least I figured out how to do it with the new format.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Do the Tarantino costume party from Gilmore Girls. You'll be flooded with gimps, Brides, ball gagged Butch and Marcelluses, hit men, con men, assassins and nameless dead extra #2s.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    Nope, the options just aren't there at all anymore. I looked up my issue on their Help page, and what I'm seeing is just the new update and tons of people are pissed about it. Now instead of typing in a name and having options to filter by age, gender, school/workplace, location, etc..., you have to type in all your criteria into the search bar. It basically works the same, more or less, but everyone (myself included) liked the old way better. But such is FaceBook; any time they change something, everyone bitches about it but eventually gets used to it until something else changes.

Over the last few weeks, I'd try searching for someone whose last name I didn't know, and it would just start throwing people at me all willy nilly from all over the globe and I didn't know how to narrow it down to my particular city or anything else specific. At least I figured out how to do it with the new format.
    Hmm, it still works for me, maybe they're rolling out the update gradually. I am talking about doing it via browser not via FB app, if that makes any difference.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Hmm, it still works for me, maybe they're rolling out the update gradually. I am talking about doing it via browser not via FB app, if that makes any difference.
    Yeah, the browser version is what I'm talking about. I've never had the search filter options on the app.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Who knows of a place to get (hopefully free) looping stock footage of flying through clouds? How's that for random. I'm aware of places like pond5.com that have a bunch of pretty cheap ones, but the more free the better. It's for a project I'm part of, and technically, would prefer artificial over actual shot footage. A few examples of pretty much exactly what I'm looking for in terms of color, etc....one's from a video on YouTube though, and the other is $30.

$30 one from pond5

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Here's a weird question for those who have been to universal studios orlando recently. My aunt bought me and my fiance tickets to the park for a wedding present, she had them emailed to me and they have her name on it and they say that they check IDs at the gate.

QUESTION: Do they actually ID at the gate? I don't want to show up at the park with these tickets and not get let in because they're "someone elses tickets"

EDIT: TL;DR backstory:
    My aunt lives in rhode island, I live in st louis. She called me up the other day and said she decided to buy me and my lady 3 day passes to universal for our wedding present, I got online and bought them with her credit card number and chose the will call option. Once I got my email I noticed the kiosk required the credit card used to buy them to pick them up. I call customer service and said that's true and they can't change the delivery method and my aunt would have to cancel the order and reorder them and just have them emailed to me. UGH. So I tell my aunt and she does that, now I get the tickets and am now faced with the problem above.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 05-14-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    You called them once to fix a problem; call them again and explain your concern. Anything you're told here wouldn't be an official answer (someone on the internet saying "yeah, they didn't check my ID" is NOT the answer you want before traveling to a different state and finding out that standard procedure is to check IDs).

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    You called them once to fix a problem; call them again and explain your concern. Anything you're told here wouldn't be an official answer (someone on the internet saying "yeah, they didn't check my ID" is NOT the answer you want before traveling to a different state and finding out that standard procedure is to check IDs).
    I ended up calling them, they apologized and fixed it and gave me a pair of skip the line passes for my "inconvenience". Cool stuff!
    Last edited by tony.parente; 05-16-2015 at 06:04 AM. Reason: the elusive extra P

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I ended up calling them, they appologized and fixed it and gave me a pair of skip the line passes for my "inconvenience". Cool stuff!
    i'm so jealous you get to go to harry potter world. sarah and i couldn't afford the universal passes on top of disney world when we went. hope you have fun! drink a butterbeer for me!!!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I ended up calling them, they appologized and fixed it and gave me a pair of skip the line passes for my "inconvenience". Cool stuff!
    And that's why I always either call or write an email to a company when I've got a concern. Recently had a suitcase destroyed by an airline, and instead of just bitching about it online I sent them an email explaining the situation (calmly and respectfully). Got a check for the full price to go out and replace it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Disney and Universal always bend over backwards for guests. They want to make sure your visit is top notch.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Just received a few medical bills in the mail with my address on it but addressed to someone who has never lived here. Should this be something to worry about?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Just received a few medical bills in the mail with my address on it but addressed to someone who has never lived here. Should this be something to worry about?
    Are they bills for services for you? If so, but not your name. Ignore. They'll eventually find you though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    No, I haven't been to the hospital recently. I also received a statment for personal property taxes, along with my own in my name, with this person's name on it. The name on this mail is a Latino man so I'm wondering if this person is using my address for legal reasons. :/

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

random question for everyone:

Do you love or hate me?

Or are you one of those people who feel like you adore me
    one moment and want to shove a pitchfork into the hole of my cock at other
    times?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The name on this mail is a Latino man so I'm wondering if this person is using my address for legal reasons. :/
    Ummmmmmm...

Also, have you done a search using the person's name with your address? Might shed some light on what's going on (or possibly freak you out more :/).
    Last edited by Baphomette; 07-02-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    No. Medical bills aren't tied to an address, they're tied to a person. People give fake addresses all the time. That's probably not his real name, either.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    A search with his name and my address yielded nothing conclusive but they do have a Facebook page, so it's a start. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I also received a statment for personal property taxes, along with my own in my name, with this person's name on it. :/
    So one tax bill with both your names on it? That doesn't sound kosher AT ALL.