Thread: 2018.10.13-14 New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    If you don't count gas/train tickets/bus fare/airfare as fees.
    Right, but I'd rather pay train / subway / NIN (no fee) vs train / subway / NIN (bullshit added fee)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Right, but I'd rather pay train / subway / NIN (no fee) vs train / subway / NIN (bullshit added fee)
    Well you wouldn't be paying any of those if you were sitting at home, buying tickets online. So it's one or the other, unless of course you live nearby, which I do not. I'm salty about this whole thing.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The web "convenience" fees on 4 tickets would likely be as much as / more than my train tickets and subway fare. But your point is well taken.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The web "convenience" fees on 4 tickets would likely be as much as / more than my train tickets and subway fare. But your point is well taken.
    Maybe for local train tickets. I'm looking at prices for "if I were to pass on two big photo shoots Saturday and go to NYC instead..." and I'd be paying more to travel to/from NYC to stand in line for tickets than I would be paying for the tickets themselves. Even "cheap as fuck Megabus" is nearly $100 each way.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Maybe for local train tickets. I'm looking at prices for "if I were to pass on two big photo shoots Saturday and go to NYC instead..." and I'd be paying more to travel to/from NYC to stand in line for tickets than I would be paying for the tickets themselves. Even "cheap as fuck Megabus" is nearly $100 each way.
    Which is why I said *my* costs. Of course, YMMV. The root of this is I hope they don't tack on extra fees. Yes, sitting on my ass at home at 10 on a Saturday would be a great way to buy the tickets but...