Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.06.22 - London, UK @ Royal Festival Hall, Meltdown Festival

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Now got a message saying due to high demand we are pausing the queue?? I joined it at 9.58 and it hasn't moved by one person yet! What is everyone doing in there?
    The person trying to get our tickets has had the same issue, he's been @ 1922 since 10am, and he got an onscreen message that he's got a wait of 55 minutes about 15 minutes ago.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainkurtz View Post
    Still in nine queue...but got through on the phone - needed 3 tickets and got 2 in row EE and one in CC...a little more than halfway back..that will have to do.
    on the phone now on hold! good shout

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ha. Manics/Placebo/etc fans suck.

"For Members waiting to buy Meltdown tickets, there's good availability for all gigs except NIN, where there's just a few tickets left." https://twitter.com/southbankcentre/...16923773349888

Can't wait to join the queues tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are you guys all members for the Southbank Centre? Is it worth getting in a queue today on the phone even though I'm not a member on the off chance that I could get tickets? I'm thinking it might be worth a go!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    just wait until last 2 shows announced. have a feeling mr smith is going to be involved in some manner. things are going to get really out of hand then!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^^^ No they check that you're a member.

I've got balcony seats, but given that I logged in at 8.30am and people who logged in over an hour after me got tickets over an hour before me, I'm a bit miffed (at the website, not the other people).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Ha. Manics/Placebo/etc fans suck.

"For Members waiting to buy Meltdown tickets, there's good availability for all gigs except NIN, where there's just a few tickets left." https://twitter.com/southbankcentre/...16923773349888

Can't wait to join the queues tomorrow.
    Not surprised. It seemed like the majority of people who had come early to queue outside the SBC were there for NIN tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    ^^^ No they check that you're a member.

I've got balcony seats, but given that I logged in at 8.30am and people who logged in over an hour after me got tickets over an hour before me, I'm a bit miffed (at the website, not the other people).
    Oh well, was worth a try - will be queuing tomorrow instead, thanks for letting me know!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    YES YES YES YES - got through on the phone, thanks @captainkurtz - although the hold said i had an hours wait, I looked up NIN on twitter and saw someone suggest asking for switchboard, not ticketing, and I was answered within 5 mins - thats a tip, number is 0203 8799 555

she said only balcony were left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    new to this forum. Ran down to the Southbank Centre to get my tickets. Just got back. Queue was about 6 people. NIN tickets are selling out fastest when I ask at ticket office best seats have gone. Best to try and get down there if your in London.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Nothing after getting through online...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    YES YES YES YES - got through on the phone, thanks @captainkurtz - although the hold said i had an hours wait, I looked up NIN on twitter and saw someone suggest asking for switchboard, not ticketing, and I was answered within 5 mins - thats a tip, number is 0203 8799 555

she said only balcony were left
    Nice!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    SBC website updated to say no more NIN tickets.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I would have assumed the Libertines tickets would go faster, honestly I have no idea what anyone in this country is into anymore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would have assumed the Libertines tickets would go faster, honestly I have no idea what anyone in this country is into anymore
    Libertines played here last year. Last NIN gig was what, 2014?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I asked at the ticket office if the Libertines tickets were selling the fastest and the guy behind the counter said no it was NIN tickets! Some of the people in the queue in from of me were buying tickets for all the gigs! Don't know how they could afford it. I also got front row ticket for the Manics.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tomorrows pre-nin sale and general is Thursday. Anyone know if you'll be able to get the nin pre-sale at the box office tomorrow? Might book the morning off and pop down, I have a feeling Thursdays going to be a clusterfuck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    F... - missed out because I can't use a phone at work, and paid £60 for the privilege. Fantastic.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wonder is there a quota for today's ticket sales, and also for tomorrow's NIN pre-sale, and then the rest for general release?

Or is the gig sold out already?!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah weird right? Lots of people appearing in my twitter feed complaining about the struggle for NIN tickets. I knew it was going to be a struggle to get tickets for this, but am kind of surprised that they are the main draw for this whole festival. To be honest I feel a bit smug when people who can afford to splash out all that extra for membership but still didn't get anything. A bit of entitlement going on amongst some people (not talking about here). Also some people seem to think that the whole thing has sold out. I don't think it's unfair to assume that only a select amount for the members pre-sale has now gone, but there will be more tomorrow, and then more again Thursday. All good fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m pretty sure they’ve allocated a number for the NIN presale (I think 10% is industry standard, so maybe 290?) , but it might be there will be nothing left for general sale because then SB members has first dibs on every other seat.
    Last edited by MrPogo; 03-13-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colum26 View Post
    I asked at the ticket office if the Libertines tickets were selling the fastest and the guy behind the counter said no it was NIN tickets! Some of the people in the queue in from of me were buying tickets for all the gigs! Don't know how they could afford it. I also got front row ticket for the Manics.
    Either massive Meltdown fans or they’re going to sell them on, when you think about it, £60 for membership to get priority tickets which can be sold on is probably quite cheap. Actually they have a policy that reselling for profit or commercial gain is not allowed. https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/po...rms-conditions
    Last edited by WorzelG; 03-13-2018 at 07:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm about 75% sure the front two rows at least, maybe front three, were not part of this sale.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Either massive Meltdown fans or they’re going to sell them on, when you think about it, £60 for membership to get priority tickets which can be sold on is probably quite cheap. Actually they have a policy that reselling for profit or commercial gain is not allowed. https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/po...rms-conditions
    Interesting...so if tickets appear on places like stub-hub and ebay does this mean Southbank can cancel them and re-sell?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Managed to get 2 balcony tickets. Kinda disappointed I didn't get better after paying for membership but better than nothing! Also got 1 box ticket for MBV. I tried the phone too but ended up getting through online first.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The word in the queue this morning was that the nin presale tickets onsale tomorrow are severely limited (under 100). But as zephyr mentioned, it seemed like central chunks of the first two rows weren't onsale today, so perhaps their limited number is being offset by their being crazily good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got there just before 5am, first in line. Got my four favourite seats! Happy days! Was definitely worth getting up for. Feel like crap now though and I've got a full days work to do. Ain't really complaining though.

To all those that didn't get tickets, do not give up!!! Phone for returns, it can happen.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ONLY 100!? ...well unless they held a fair amount back for general sale i think i'm screwed. Congrats to everyone that managed to get a ticket, you're going to have a blast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    The word in the queue this morning was that the nin presale tickets onsale tomorrow are severely limited (under 100). But as zephyr mentioned, it seemed like central chunks of the first two rows weren't onsale today, so perhaps their limited number is being offset by their being crazily good.
    Any idea what the deal is with the rest of the venue? I’m not sure if they’ve just sold out the SB members allocation or whether the NIN presale is literally all that’s left and there will be no general sale.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well I might try for the presale tomorrow just in case and if I succeed I will have four back of balcony tickets going for face vale, £45. Not sure if I can just sell though might have to go back to box office, don’t want someone to end up with unusable tickets