169 Post(s)
    My predictions:

Best picture: “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”

Best Actor: Gary Oldman

Best Actress: Frances McDormand

Best Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell

Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer

Best Director: Guillermo del Toro

Spencer is the one I'm least certain of. I'm splitting Best Picture and Best Director because
    Martin McDonagh was indeed snubbed and both pictures are worthy so I am predicting the split.

Speaking of Split: the movie came out almost a year ago (January 26 2016) so of course everyone has forgotten how fantastic it was. You'll never convinced me that McAvoy wasn't snubbed.

"Logan" is nominated in Best Adapted Screenplay, my friends.

Also: I'm seeing on the Net that "OMFG James Franco is not nominated because he's suffering from metoo-itis!" I believe the voting was done before the allegations against him came out so...

Also bis: A woman and an African American in the Best Director category? How avant-garde, Academy! Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it! /sarcasim

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    My predictions:

Best picture: “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”

Best Actor: Gary Oldman

Best Actress: Frances McDormand

Best Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell

Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer

Best Director: Guillermo del Toro

Spencer is the one I'm least certain of. I'm splitting Best Picture and Best Director because
    Martin McDonagh was indeed snubbed and both pictures are worthy so I am predicting the split.

Speaking of Split: the movie came out almost a year ago (January 26 2016) so of course everyone has forgotten how fantastic it was. You'll never convinced me that McAvoy wasn't snubbed.

"Logan" is nominated in Best Adapted Screenplay, my friends.

Also: I'm seeing on the Net that "OMFG James Franco is not nominated because he's suffering from metoo-itis!" I believe the voting was done before the allegations against him came out so...

Also bis: A woman and an African American in the Best Director category? How avant-garde, Academy! Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it! /sarcasim

Is this who you want to win? or is this who you think will win?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    Is this who you want to win? or is this who you think will win?
    It's who I *know* will win.

My friend, I've been watching the Oscars since 1982 and I've gotten pretty good at guessing this. But I do want Sam Rockwell to win because I adore him. Del Toro too.

I haven't seen any of these movies, by the way. I don't *have* too. For my predictions, I'm having 2 criteria: momentum and who is "due". Oldman is due.

The Oscars are the physical manifestation of my cynicism, by the way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's who I *know* will win.

My friend, I've been watching the Oscars since 1982 and I've gotten pretty good at guessing this. But I do want Sam Rockwell to win because I adore him. Del Toro too.

I haven't seen any of these movies, by the way. I don't *have* too. For my predictions, I'm having 2 criteria: momentum and who is "due". Oldman is due.

The Oscars are the physical manifestation of my cynicism, by the way.
    I think Willem Defoe is underrated and due, but I am fine with either him or Rockwell winning. Yes Gary Oldman should win. Actress well you have Meryl and Frances in there and they are both monsters at their craft, but you never know that one could be a surprise. You have a different director from best picture, it happens but that doesn't happen that often. Best Picture I think will be a toss up between the Post and Billboards, but I really think La La Land has a chance of winning this year.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

And a Mexican!!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    And a Mexican!!!
    And none of you motherfuckers diss my Guillermito.