Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    article about Trump fatigue: https://jezebel.com/chaos-weary-1822129320
    I haven't read it...because I have Trump fatigue... but I will... soon.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Hey did everybody see this?
    At an anti abortion rally, trump lamented the fact that "right now, a number of state laws allow a baby to be born from his or her mother's womb in the ninth month. It's wrong. It has to stop."
    http://people.com/politics/trump-ant...n-ninth-month/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    At an anti abortion rally, trump lamented the fact that "right now, a number of state laws allow a baby to be born from his or her mother's womb in the ninth month. It's wrong. It has to stop."
    Yes, my house has been dying laughing over this. Classic dumbass Trump lol

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I saw it. Clearly he misspoke. Surely he understands and knows about gestation. It’s a basic thing we all learn at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yes, my house has been dying laughing over this. Classic dumbass Trump lol
    I laughed at him too. it is hilarious to a certain extent but him and his GOP buddies think things like a woman won't get pregnant from rape. They legislate our bodies with no comprehension of how it works. It's terrifying and sad. People do not get the care they need because of these assholes.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    article about Trump fatigue: https://jezebel.com/chaos-weary-1822129320
    I haven't read it...because I have Trump fatigue... but I will... soon.
    This really resonated with me.

And not just about Trump explicitly, but about the kind of injustices that he champions as well. Sorry, this is going off-track, but I really like the article.

I lead a cub group, and there are 5 of us who are leaders. 1 has been leading this group since I was a kid, and he means well, but he's so old school that whenever he types something up we have to proofread it because he still only refers to the kids as boys frequently and we don't want the girls in our troop to feel excluded. Another has posted about "those transgendered people" on her facebook and complains that she can't go running because of migrant workers in our small town. A beaver leader was sharing "proud boys" memes on facebook. Our groups treasurer took an article about a pharmacy in our small town by a mid-30s Caucasian male as an opportunity to rant against immigration and urban sprawl. I was sitting with another cub leader, his teenage brother and two long-time scout leaders in the summer and the other cub leader was explicitly condemning homosexuality to his younger brother. And last night the two new leaders started having a conversation about how they believe that Chinese people are liars.

These are the people who are leading groups of children....and they're not even slightly embarrassed about this, I feel like I'm the only one in the group who has a problem with any of this. And it's exhausting, and it makes it feel normal, because I can't fight it as frequently as it occurs.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I saw it. Clearly he misspoke. Surely he understands and knows about gestation. It’s a basic thing we all learn at some point.
    I laughed at him too. it is hilarious to a certain extent but him and his GOP buddies think things like a woman won't get pregnant from rape. They legislate our bodies with no comprehension of how it works. It's terrifying and sad. People do not get the care they need because of these assholes.
    re Trump's malapropism: He obviously intended to speak about late-term abortion or partial birth abortion in the 9th month, which CAN be either banned or highly-regulated, in accordance with Roe v. Wade as well as the Casey decision, but abortions in the 9th month are not only rare, there's only ONE STATE that allows them and only then if there is an extreme fetal anomaly. It's a unicorn, it just doesn't happen.

The malapropism is that he said that "births" shouldn't happen in the 9th month, which implies some kind of weird induced labor law in the 8th month. You can see people behind him smirking, like "dude, wtf are you talking about?"

Of course, the really funny thing is the misconception that babies marinate in their mother's womb for 9 months but the true full term is 40 weeks, which is 10 months, but the first 2 weeks aren't counted as "pregnancy." Which is beside the point, LOL.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-22-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    re Trump's malapropism: He obviously intended to speak about late-term abortion or partial birth abortion in the 9th month, which CAN be either banned or highly-regulated, in accordance with Roe v. Wade as well as the Casey decision, but abortions in the 9th month are not only rare, there's only ONE STATE that allows them and only then if there is an extreme fetal anomaly. It's a unicorn, it just doesn't happen.
    Right! That's what I was thinking and I looked it up, and sure enough, it just doesn't happen.

So what trump MEANT to say was a fucking lie.
    It seems like he said something similar in one of the presidential debates.

I think that trump says some of these things because he isn't very bright, but more and more, I'm thinking that a lot of his statements are carefully crafted, full on lies.

So, for instance, he claims that 9th month abortions are common and furthermore, that democrats are all for it and he's going to stop it.
    And the ignorant section of his base doesn't bother to check fact check him, and now it's in the public consciousness. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. The damage is done.I

I hate to admit it but it's pretty fucking clever. Add to that his demonizing of the media, and you have a situation wherein, when the truth is presented, he just says it's "fake."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yup, that's all exactly correct. The pro-life movement likes to speak to people who are ignorant of facts and operate only from emotions and lack of logic. The photos of dead babies dumped in alleys is a fallacy. Most states regulate abortion after the 1st trimester, which is fully allowed per Roe and Casey. Last trimester abortions are rare, and ... worse yet ... these hypocrites refuse to fund birth control or sex education and most of them are also against sterilization. They have this backward idea that a woman's primary job is being the daughter of Eve, go forth and multiply. No.matter.what.

These people are liars, hypocrites, AND they seemingly have ZERO recollection or knowledge of what this country was like before Roe. Women are going to have abortions, they've been getting abortions since the days before Christ. You aren't going to stop it. Women died conducting self-abortions or going to back-alley butcher doctors. Meanwhile, wealthy women simply took a "vacation" in another country and their "problem" went away. Roe wasn't about abortion so much as it was the right to equal and private decisions regarding their own healthcare. If you take this away, you won't take away abortion. Ever.

But most countries with birth control and sex and STI educations DO have pretty low abortion rates.

Note that Trump USED to be vocally pro choice. But, Melania is allegedly a devout Catholic. AND, Trump is deliberately targeting a certain base.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-22-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Oh to be a fly on the wall in the jeff sessions questioning. Surely he spilled the beans.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh to be a fly on the wall in the jeff sessions questioning. Surely he spilled the beans.
    He could always smoke a joint to chill out.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    He could always smoke a joint to chill out.
    My guess is he is one of those people who gets paranoid when they’re stoned. He’d cave quicker that way for sure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My guess is he is one of those people who gets paranoid when they’re stoned. He’d cave quicker that way for sure.
    Yeah you're probably right, and he dismisses it by saying "balderdash, I just don't like the damn demon weed".

I forgot Jeff Sessions can't smoke weed because Keebler Elves are not allowed to smoke weed because they will eat all the cookies.
    Last edited by Sister Midnight; 01-23-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Trump 2018

Kerry in 2020?

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...in-2020-report

I'd vote for him (again), but my general feeling is "meh."

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    wait, I thought we counted down from 9-0 when it comes to giving birth?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Kerry in 2020?

Same. We need new blood. Plus, I think he'd lose to trump somehow. I want Booker or Harris.
    What the heck. I did not write the fourth line in that post.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    You are right. You did not. I did. Not sure what I clicked but somehow I edited your post instead of quoting. I’ll fix it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    You are right. You did not. I did. Not sure what I clicked but somehow I edited your post instead of quoting. I’ll fix it.
    I think it was just a glitch in the ETS wires.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    OMG tHE DEEP STATE HAS GOTTEN TO ETS!!!!!1

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    But seriously...anyone want to speculate on whether this mysterious memo ever sees the light of day, and if so, whether it actually amounts to anything?

Personally, aware as I am that both parties are capable of doing terrible and/or stupid things, I'm not discounting that it could contain legitimate and left-damaging information. I'm also not discounting that it could be a complete crock cooked up by the right. I'm honestly curious to see where this goes IF it is ever publicized.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump 2018

Kerry in 2020?

Same. We need new blood. Plus, I think he'd lose to trump somehow. I want Booker or Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    OMG tHE DEEP STATE HAS GOTTEN TO ETS!!!!!1
    Yeah. Yeah, that’s it. The deep state. Not me having too many ets windows open.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    wait, I thought we counted down from 9-0 when it comes to giving birth?
    I’ve carried two tiny humans and the doctor counted up by weeks.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    But seriously...anyone want to speculate on whether this mysterious memo ever sees the light of day, and if so, whether it actually amounts to anything?

Personally, aware as I am that both parties are capable of doing terrible and/or stupid things, I'm not discounting that it could contain legitimate and left-damaging information. I'm also not discounting that it could be a complete crock cooked up by the right. I'm honestly curious to see where this goes IF it is ever publicized.
    A guy working with Mueller sent a text to his girlfriend stating that he didn't like Trump. In it he joked about a "secret society." Some of the texts this guy wrote were lost, along with thousands of other texts from other people. FOX News lost their shit, screaming about a giant conspiracy. The missing texts were then recovered.

That's all folks.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-25-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Trump almost fired Mueller last summer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/u...el-russia.html

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    *scribbles another line in 'Obstruction of Justice' column*

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tuned into Hannity tonight and he was ranting about the Justice Department, Obama and Bill Clinton. Sweet Jesus.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Trump almost fired Mueller last summer.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/u...el-russia.html
    Am I the only one that isn't actually that concerned about this? Already I see a lot of people screaming about this being another huuuuuuuuuuuge thing and one step closer to an obstruction charge.

But...he didn't do anything. He TRIED to do something stupid, the people he pays to stop him from being stupid told him he couldn't do it, and just like that, he didn't do it.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Kerry or Biden 2020 is a great way of losing for sure. Whenever the Dems put forward these boring old stooges (Gore, Kerry, Hillary) they lose badly. It's got to be a charismatic fresh face: in short, they need another Obama. Harris seems to be getting a lot of heat from the left, and the right wing attack machine already has the gloves off for Booker. I can see Harris being a contender, not sure about Booker. I think the DNC really really needs to bring together the progressives, the liberals, and the centrists somehow, in order to win. People on twitter are STILL fighting about Hillary vs. Bernie. What about Kirsten Gillibrand? Chris Murphy? In any case I think the ticket should be diverse: AL showed that Dems totally need the minority vote.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 01-25-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Top GOP senator acknowledges FBI secret society text might be a joke

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...oke/ar-AAvb52R

God forbid people have senses of humor about things, right?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tuned into Hannity tonight and he was ranting about the Justice Department, Obama and Bill Clinton. Sweet Jesus.
    That Hannity segment was about as unhinged as it gets. OUR SOURCES HAVEN'T CONFIRMED. OKAY NOW THEY HAVE BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE CAN'T DO IT BECAUSE HE'S THE PRESIDENT.

Seriously? This is super "whataboutism" but this fucking clown wouldn't have dismissed anything Barack Obama did simply because he was the president. Give me a fucking break.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Am I the only one that isn't actually that concerned about this? Already I see a lot of people screaming about this being another huuuuuuuuuuuge thing and one step closer to an obstruction charge.

But...he didn't do anything. He TRIED to do something stupid, the people he pays to stop him from being stupid told him he couldn't do it, and just like that, he didn't do it.
    There's not even evidence or proof that he TRIED either, just more anonymous sources and hearsay. That's not to say it didn't happen, but if it can't be proven, but it's being reported anyway, then it's being reported purely for sensationalism's sake to rile people up. It's the same stupid division tactics that the Trump team is using. Somebody somewhere someday has GOT to stop sinking to these immature pissing contests and try to get shit done. Good luck with that, I suppose, as long as both parties are full of disconnected grown up children.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)