Page 31 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And today's Melania's birthday and all she got from her douchebag husband is a fucking birthday card. That's it. I feel bad for her. If I was rich, I would take her out for dinner and pay the whole thing and give her a great day. Even if I didn't have money. I would've put some kind of effort to make her feel special. I hope she either does a Lorena Bobbit on that cum-bucket or take everything he has and destroy it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Oh my god... that fox and friends thing.... oh my god
    Yup. It's, just, oh my God.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This caught my eye in that ThinkpProgress piece: he hasn't done a TV interview with a non-Fox source in A YEAR.

Is that normal? Admittedly, I don't pay close attention to how often any sitting president does a TV interview with one network (vs hosting a press conference broadcast on multiple networks). This news just struck me as a little unusual. Is it?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

I just can't believe what a dumpster fire the White House is right now, i have run out of words to accurately describe what's even going on anymore.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Brutal and hilarious.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Comey on Meet the Press this morning, says the Department of Justice (including Mueller) is (always has been) barred from indicting a sitting President.

So of course that means only the House can indict (impeach) a sitting President.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Comey on Meet the Press this morning, says the Department of Justice (including Mueller) is (always has been) barred from indicting a sitting President.

So of course that means only the House can indict (impeach) a sitting President.
    Who wants to start taking bets that he's charged with something on January 21, 2021?

(This is, of course, assuming that there is a god of some sort and a minority of Americans don't accidentally re-elect him)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Who wants to start taking bets that he's charged with something on January 21, 2021?

(This is, of course, assuming that there is a god of some sort and a minority of Americans don't accidentally re-elect him)
    Yeah there’s talk, now circulating, of a potential sealed indictment (to be unsealed after he’s not President).

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah there’s talk, now circulating, of a potential sealed indictment (to be unsealed after he’s not President).
    Any rumors to the subject? My guess would be something "boring" to most people (financial crimes, for example).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Any rumors to the subject? My guess would be something "boring" to most people (financial crimes, for example).
    It’s only being floated as a way to protect the investigation in the event that Mueller or Rosenstein get fired.

Here is one example article:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...tection-218065

See also Jill Wine-Banks on MSNBC:

https://www.jillwinebanks.com/blog/2...tment-of-trump

I think it’s safe to assume, based on the history of our country, that the President is not going to be impeached (or indicted later), and if he is nothing will happen to him except maybe what happened to Nixon: political disgrace, which won’t matter at all to Trump. He’d be pardoned, either way. A bunch of people around him could go down but not him.

In the meantime, maybe the House will flip.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-29-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    If we have a general politics thread, I can't find it now. So here's this:

Democratic support from millennials (18-34) has slipped by almost 10% in two years.

Primary reason: they think republicans are "better stewards of the economy," per the article. AKA "we're buried in shit from student loans and we're more worried about that than civil rights".

So about that "blue wave"...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    well, apparently a college education that lands you in massive debt can't buy you a brain.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    laughing at the "outrage" at the white house correspondence dinner laugh my ass of tolling trump has to be one easiest professions i think Micheal wolf's career will take off already getting a Netflix fake news show. friend came with yet another name for the idiot. trumple thin skin
    -Louie

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I watched the whole thing today and Michelle wolf was great. I love that the press and the White House are so butthurt about it. They invited her there to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Michelle Wolf shocked some dainty sensibilities by actually getting R-rated, rather than just "oh woah, s/he went there, right in their face!!!" It was crude, sexually suggestive, and profanity-laden; so of course people are clutching their pearls and pretending the main reason they're outraged is because of some other reason.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Michelle Wolf shocked some dainty sensibilities by actually getting R-rated, rather than just "oh woah, s/he went there, right in their face!!!" It was crude, sexually suggestive, and profanity-laden; so of course people are clutching their pearls and pretending the main reason they're outraged is because of some other reason.
    Hmm maybe you're right. The vulgarity shocked them into thinking she attacked them, the people who invited her there. Even Andrea mitchell was offended.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    You know, honestly, I'm starting to feel more optimistic about the Trump presidency.

Now, to be fair though, I kind of thought we'd all be dead by now, so anything is a step up.

I really wish I were kidding.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    If we have a general politics thread, I can't find it now. So here's this:

Democratic support from millennials (18-34) has slipped by almost 10% in two years.

Primary reason: they think republicans are "better stewards of the economy," per the article. AKA "we're buried in shit from student loans and we're more worried about that than civil rights".

So about that "blue wave"...

As a millennial with student debt that will be with me until retirement age, I am still FAR MORE CONCERNED about fucking Civil Rights.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I watched the whole thing today and Michelle wolf was great. I love that the press and the White House are so butthurt about it. They invited her there to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This whole “Oh, she went after Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ *appearance* by comparing her to Aunt Lydia on The Handmaids Tale” thing just shows us how fucking stupid these Republicans are. They think SciFi is some new kind of WiFi.

The Handmaid’s Tale was a book that is now a TV series that is a dystopian tale about a Theonomic military regime taking over the country and Aunt Lydia supports the fascist males and she helps them to oppress the females and she does it in the name of God. NONE of the women in the story are attractive (except maybe some of the Commanders’ wives) and that is deliberate. Wolf’s joke referencing Aunt Lydia was BRILLIANT.

AS WAS the baseball team coach joke, based on Sanders’ gruff demeaning personality. But the joke is being interpreted as “Sanders is a dyke.” YOU PEOPLE ARE SO FUCKING STUPID, DOES YOUR COMEDY REQUIRE PROGRAMS AND HIGHLIGHTER PENS?
    Last edited by allegro; 04-30-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    As a millennial with student debt that will be with me until retirement age, I am still FAR MORE CONCERNED about fucking Civil Rights.
    As a debt free millennial who's planning on marrying a very much not-debt free millennial, I'm with you. I wonder how many of the people who marked off "stewards of the economy" were white guys who have no idea what it's like to not live a reasonably privileged life.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    On another related note, Marco Rubio puts Biblical passages in his Twitter feed so I’ve started leaving Handmaid’s Tale comments

“Blessed Be the Fruit”

“May the Lord Open”

“Under His Eye”

heh heh

Go ahead, all are welcome! Nolite te bastardes carborundorum

@Marcorubio

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I'm crying because I'm laughing?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Not new, sorry: Trump dictated ex doctor’s 2015 bill of health.

Because OF COURSE HE DID.
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-01-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    This just in: Trump dictated ex doctor’s 2015 bill of health.

Because OF COURSE HE DID.
    That's not news; that was confirmed last year (or earlier).

The news today though is that his personal doctor had files taken with what appears to be no legal basis, meaning a HUGE violation of HIPAA laws.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Must’ve misread the date. Sorry guys! My mistake.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Must’ve misread the date. Sorry guys! My mistake.
    They've been putting the story about that guy's note in with the news stories today - it's getting re-hashed, so I'm sure you did see a new article on it today. It's admittedly hard to keep track of which incredibly stupid things are new revelations and which ones are just being brought up again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Is anyone actually surprised by that?