Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    *Sees email, goes to nin store, checks date*

ETS isn't making farting noises when I scroll

Fucking what

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    The Laserdisc containing an alternate cut does feel like a deliberate reference to the original concept for Closure. It would be pretty funny if these had been real products, though I can't imagine how you would even make a Laserdisc on any kind of scale in 2021. Doesn't seem like the kind of media that you can spin up a small-scale operation for.

Is the Reptile cassette art something we've already seen before? I wonder if that was actually going to be the single art if Interscope had played nice and released it.

Other than that...picking up a copy of The Slip might be fun to see what numbers they still have. Getting a low number from this random-ass sale feels like it'd be a pretty decent win, lol.
    Well, the note on the page does say it's all found items, not recently produced.
    IN ADDITION, WE RECENTLY DISCOVERED A FEW BOXES OF "VINTAGE" MEDIA HIDING IN THE WAREHOUSE THAT'S NOW AVAILABLE IN THE STORE.
    as for The Slip, wasn't there a picture of Trent posing with the first and last numbers?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I find it pretty strange that the items only appear in the USstore. If Trent would've planned to troll his fans, why not the UKstore too? The emails from the store are different too.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Holy crap. I assume this is a joke, yes? Yes?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Well, the note on the page does say it's all found items, not recently produced.

as for The Slip, wasn't there a picture of Trent posing with the first and last numbers?
    The point I was making was that, while it would have been cool to dump out real versions of these fake "vintage" products alongside the CDs they actually found, I doubt it would have been economically or practically feasible in any way, shape, or form (well, maybe the Reptile cassette). I know there was a listing for a Closure Laserdisc like 100 years ago or whenever, but there's no evidence that even a test copy of it was produced, right? I can't imagine that either that or the Reptile cassette could have previously existed in any form without someone in the community knowing about it, right?

I might have lost the plot a little here.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I think we'd have the demo of Just Do It already...these items are to good to be true.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    edit: FOUND IT! Gonna see if it still works. Emailed to be June 6 2017, in case anyone wants to go looking for theirs.

Edit 2: Only valid for a year, fuck!

Does anyone remember roughly when they gave out that promo code to the store, since things had been so jacked?
    Last edited by Papagolash; 05-28-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The point was to troll the fanbase into a frenzy and get everyone jacking off all over themselves on ETS about the possibility of rare goodies being released when of course nothing will be released.....And it worked.....3 pages of "IS THIS REAL OMGAAAAA"....."No its not real you suckers"....."BUT ITS NOT APRIL 1ST. ITS REAL. WHY IS IT SOLD OUT!!!"......"No its not real its a joke"........Meanwhile TR sits in his studio on his burner ETS account laughing his ass off

He knows not to make Tapeworm jokes because Lohner can leak that shit online anytime he wants with or without TRs permission

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I just made my order to but the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" soundtrack and decided to get a T-shirt too, i bought on the NIN store, but never got clothing, Is it true the T-shirts are bad quality???

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The point was to troll the fanbase into a frenzy and get everyone jacking off all over themselves on ETS about the possibility of rare goodies being released when of course nothing will be released.....And it worked.....3 pages of "IS THIS REAL OMGAAAAA"....."No its not real you suckers"....."BUT ITS NOT APRIL 1ST. ITS REAL. WHY IS IT SOLD OUT!!!"......"No its not real its a joke"........Meanwhile TR sits in his studio on his burner ETS account laughing his ass off

He knows not to make Tapeworm jokes because Lohner can leak that shit online anytime he wants with or without TRs permission
    ಠ_ಠ

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    And it worked..yes it did..!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I just made my order to but the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" soundtrack and decided to get a T-shirt too, i bought on the NIN store, but never got clothing, Is it true the T-shirts are bad quality???
    My shirt from the official store are great. I wear them a lot and the print is still intact.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Why is no one talking about the Reptile cassette single and Closure Laserdisc on the nin.com store - I happened to check the store tonight and there they were - is this some ARG crap?
    When I first noticed the Reptile cassette single last night it had a "email me when available" option, so I entered in my email address. Then a minute later it said "Sold Out". I'll let you guys know if I win a prize or something, so sick of these alternate reality games and jokes - I was hoping NIN might release something cool from the vaults like other bands during the pandemic, getting a little bored of new T-Shirts and endless scoring. Not that I thought they'd actually release "Just Do It", but just for a couple minutes I thought the Reptile cassette and Closure Laserdisc were real.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    And it worked..yes it did..!
    There is no laserdisc, there is only meme

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Fuck’s sake. I am happy NIN loves their fans enough to create elaborate jokes & games for a simple holiday sale.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    There is no laserdisc, there is only meme
    3 discs / Total run time: 86 minutes

I lol'd

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Fuck’s sake. I am happy NIN loves their fans enough to create elaborate jokes & games for a simple holiday sale.
    100% this!
    Also, the discount was big enough for me to finally grab one of those flight jackets I've been lowkey eyeing for a while now...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    When I first noticed the Reptile cassette single last night it had a "email me when available" option, so I entered in my email address. Then a minute later it said "Sold Out". I'll let you guys know if I win a prize or something, so sick of these alternate reality games and jokes - I was hoping NIN might release something cool from the vaults like other bands during the pandemic, getting a little bored of new T-Shirts and endless scoring. Not that I thought they'd actually release "Just Do It", but just for a couple minutes I thought the Reptile cassette and Closure Laserdisc were real.
    I presume they closed the "blue dirt Wishlist" loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Also, the discount was big enough for me to finally grab one of those flight jackets I've been lowkey eyeing for a while now...
    Mariqueen's IG posts finally got to you eh?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If you check the page code, you can see there are 1800 Ghosts CDs remaining and 135 The Slip CDs.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reznovka View Post
    I think we'd have the demo of Just Do It already...these items are to good to be true.
    Just Do It is an actual real song that has existed since 1994 and we’ve never even heard a snippet of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I appreciate the commitment of whoever has to do this Photoshopping for fake stuff. The cassette has the proper tracklist, copyright info and even a Nothing Records logo on there. It was convincing enough to briefly fool me, but then again, wishful thinking. I still keep an eye out for The Fragile on cassette when I hit up anyplace that still deals with them.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post
    I appreciate the commitment of whoever has to do this Photoshopping for fake stuff.
    Has Kraw written all over it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    3 discs / Total run time: 86 minutes

I lol'd
    And see, this is how I knew it was fake. That runtime would only take 2 discs at most, and could fit on one disc at CLV. Nevertheless, I am ready to buy this!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I replied to the Facebook post claiming that I bought one of the Reptile cassettes and nobody took my bait. I’m sad

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Trent is starting to veer off into Maynard territory as far as contempt/trolling his own fanbase

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    And see, this is how I knew it was fake. That runtime would only take 2 discs at most, and could fit on one disc at CLV. Nevertheless, I am ready to buy this!
    They had data on two sides, didn't they?

Laser Disc was a mythical unicorn media to me. The family of a middle school friend had a player and I distinctly remember Return of the Jedi blowing my mind at the time. First and only time I ever saw one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    For folks who buy from the UK store, worth noting that BSI Merch seem to have been dropped, and LN are now handling it themselves. Two notable upshots: Delivery costs have pretty much halved, and orders are being sent out more quickly. A nice change.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    They had data on two sides, didn't they?
    Yes. In CLV mode, they could do one hour per side; half an hour per side in CAV mode. CAV is interesting in that because of the way the video data is stored (one frame per revolution), the laserdisc player can do clear scanning of every single frame of the movie forward and backward at any speed from very slow to very fast motion. No video format before or since then has been able to do that.

The family of a middle school friend had a player and I distinctly remember Return of the Jedi blowing my mind at the time. First and only time I ever saw one.
    The third side of that Return of the Jedi laserdisc is in CAV. Maybe your friend impressed you with some of the fast or slow motion scanning? Or maybe because of the widescreen aspect ratio too?

In fact, you just reminded me that my high school friend and I made a "music video" using the trick playback effects of that side of RotJ set to a soundtrack of March of the Pigs. You can imagine which parts of the song we were doing fast motion and slow motion playback. We did it all on the fly (no non-linear editors yet), dubbing to VHS. I must have that tape around here somewhere. I'll have to dig it up someday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    regarding clothes... i was thinking bout grabbing that flight jacket but i wonder if american L will be to big on me (i wear european L).
    someone from europe might help me?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The third side of that Return of the Jedi laserdisc is in CAV. Maybe your friend impressed you with some of the fast or slow motion scanning?
    Now that you mention it his dad was playing around with slo-mo and I remember the speeder chase on Endor being particularly impressive. With that said this was 30-some years ago and, to me, anything above VHS was some pretty cool shit.