Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
But how would you defend yourself on a personal level, while still trying to support the movement on a bigger level?
I think I'd take a two-pronged approach.

1) Lawyer up and sue the accuser for defamation. If I really am innocent (and I'm not talking "we have different versions of the same encounter" - I'm talking "I have literally never met you in my life") - I would want to make it clear, by whatever means necessary, that in this particular instance I am actually the victim of someone who is likely seeking attention / money. I'm the last person who wants to antagonize anybody; I'm as passive as they come. But if someone tried to basically blackmail me for their 15 minutes of fame, I wouldn't stand for it. The initial brunt will definitely hurt my image, as public opinion will already largely be that the powerful white guy is trying to intimidate a woman who wants her day in court. But I'm about truth over image.

2) In the meantime, I would stop publicly campaigning for things like Time's Up in order to avoid the appearance of muddying things, but I would continue to provide heaps of financial support so that their mission can continue to help those who need it.