Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
And I was a very busty girl so it clinged a bit and maybe that's why this happened.
The drunk dude was a sexual predator. You did acknowledge that you know it's not your fault, but then I when I see someone write "maybe it's because I wore this," it is putting a small portion of responsibility on the victim - and that's absolutely not the case. You and your shirt had nothing to do with it. Predators are predators. I'd wager my life savings that if he thought you had a "nice rack", you could've been wearing a damn potato sack and he still would've tried to cop a feel.

Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
At the time (and before you start blaming my mom which I won't tolerate) it never occurred to me to go to the cops with that story. At the time, we (women) were raised to think that there were pigs out there who would do that stuff but that just the way things were. At school, we girls all knew about the math teacher with grabby hands but the most we did about it was to warn each other about him. Because that's how it was: you had to stay away from the creeps. If someone had told us to go to the cops, we would have said no because it would have seem silly to us.
Sadly, I understand that sentiment completely. Growing up in the States in the 90s it was the same way (as it was in college in the 00s). Pigs were "just a part of life" and you just tried to avoid them instead of reporting them and making a real effort to raise public awareness and change the way people think. I'm so encouraged by what I've seen the last couple of years in terms of public outrage and persistent pushes for major societal and cultural reform, but unfortunately I know we have a long way to go. I think it's a much more promising start than anything I saw in my youth, though.