Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
Trudeau said what he said because we're at the point where anyone who doesn't get it hasn't been paying attention, and it's not worth spoonfeeding to those who are way behind the curve anymore. He used the right tone, it's 2017, we shouldn't even be questioning this anymore, and it's not a question worth entertaining.

And you're not blaming the victim, you're just saying that they had other options they could have chosen??? Fuck that, that's victim blaming. You're trying to re-define victim blaming, by arguing that you're not blaming them, you're just pointing out that they chose it. PULL YOUR GODDAMN HEAD OUT OF THE GROUND!!!

THEY HAVE THEIR POSITION OF POWER PARTLY BECAUSE OF THEIR GENDER! THEY WOULD NOT HAVE THAT POSITION OF POWER IF THEY WERE NOT MEN!!!

It's 2017. Try to catch up.

EDIT: Also, Trudeau's quote was "Because it's 2015". You're way behind here. Try to catch up, get educated, his tone was right in 2015. It should probably be harsher 2 years later.
I did say that victims had a choice on how to react to the aggression, I didn't say it was their fault for being abused. They are victims as soon as someone abuses them, and that's the abuser's fault. What I am saying is that from that point on, as victims, they have choices, not just a single option.

An example to be more clear:

- John harrasses Betty
- Betty is a victim of John
- John is an aggressor
- Betty has a choice on how to act from now on: do i report him? Do i just shut up and sweep it under the rug? What are the repercusions of that choice? What is best for me? Etc.

That is all I'm saying, stressing the fact that that decision is crucial.

I don't know how you jump from "the victim has a choice" to "HE'S BLAMING THE VICTIM! HE'S BLAMING THE VICTIM!!! EDUCATE YOURSELF, CATCH UP!"

Reading comprehension, buddy. It's your problem, not mine.