Moved in as Ministry were wrapping up and found a great empty spot on the rail in front of the soundboard. It was just perfect view, perfect sound.

Until these douchebags came along, high and drunk out of their minds. Some douchy blonde asshole was overprotecting his 5 foot tall girlfriend cause she had a bad back. Doesn't give you the right to push everybody around off the soundboard rail halfway through New Order. He almost picked fights with everybody around him, except me, cause I'm this quiet, polite nerd. Thankfully his girlfriend just left without warning about a third into NIN's set... He'd been acting douchy the whole time to protect her but it took him like two full songs to realize she just left. Good riddance.

I love seeing NIN live, but festivals are just the worst settings. That being said, it was the best setlist I've seen this year, just enough surprises to make me really happy and glad I came over. I did the sweaty pit experience at both Panorama and Webster Hall, I'm glad I stood back this time and was able to really pay attention... They sounded absolutely great. Trent's voice is at its very best. Playing a few one off shows instead of touring non stop makes a big difference... His voice didn't crack, even towards the end of the show, where it usually begins to strain. He hit falsetto notes I can't remember him attempting for a long time. The mix was absolutely killer, very powerful and loud but crystal clear. Sound will vary a lot depending on where you're standing of course, but last night I had the perfect spot.

So all in all, great show, can't wait for Aftershock (hopefully that'll be my last festival in a long while though).