Thread: James Bond 25: No Time To Die (soon...)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Well, I'd argue that Roger Moore was problematic casting. He kind of works for the cheese-tacular style they were going for at the time (double-taking pigeon and whatnot), but quickly became very dependent on stunt doubles and couldn't really mack on nubile twenty-somethings without it looking super weird, even for the time.

If they're willing to just sign Idris up for 2-3 films then sure, he'd work very well. Bear in mind though that he's only 5 years younger than Daniel Craig, which is 1-2 films at the current rate.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Well, I'd argue that Roger Moore was problematic casting. He kind of works for the cheese-tacular style they were going for at the time (double-taking pigeon and whatnot), but quickly became very dependent on stunt doubles and couldn't really mack on nubile twenty-somethings without it looking super weird, even for the time.

If they're willing to just sign Idris up for 2-3 films then sure, he'd work very well. Bear in mind though that he's only 5 years younger than Daniel Craig, which is 1-2 films at the current rate.
    Yeah but Roger Moore did make Bond his own as he struggled to find his footing with the first 2 films but after The Spy Who Loved Me, he definitely found his approach in playing Bond and made it so fun to watch until A View to a Kill where it was clear he was getting too old.