Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: ADD VIOLENCE Physical Component

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    One of my vinyl came in the mail today, but still no PC. I am starting to get very paranoid.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    My Add Violence bundle arrived.

My replacement labels are: ANXIETY, SUBMISSION, and EMPATHY.

Serial Number: QJQHUDG9

It's pretty neat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    weirdest thing just happened.
    i just ordered my PC in the NIN website. i've never ordered anything on that website before.

is the shipping address the same as the billing address? they never asked me for my shipping address.

i'm not even sure i'm paying any shipping at all. what's up with that?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicoler View Post
    weirdest thing just happened.
    i just ordered my PC in the NIN website. i've never ordered anything on that website before.

is the shipping address the same as the billing address? they never asked me for my shipping address.

i'm not even sure i'm paying any shipping at all. what's up with that?
    if you order JUST a physical component, i believe it comes with free shipping in the US. if you used paypal to pay, your info should already be on there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if you order JUST a physical component, i believe it comes with free shipping in the US. if you used paypal to pay, your info should already be on there.
    ok cool you made my day good again thanks

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    not only for the US...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    I finally received mine. It was sitting outside on my doorstep, which makes me think my very unreliable mailperson gave it to the wrong person. Again. So, I took it to work with me and took a look at it on break. It's nice. And it smells nice on top of everything else. Sometimes, when you buy a new CD, the booklet has this really bad smell, and that affects me. I got the Disorder, Amplify chaos, Submission variation. It's fun to imagine the sort of simulation that is being run, and why someone would need a medication while running it. This has been a good release.
    I'm a carrier, and if I would have been delivering one, I would have put it on a door step instead of stuffing it into a box. Would it have fit in your box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tollefson View Post
    I'm a carrier, and if I would have been delivering one, I would have put it on a door step instead of stuffing it into a box. Would it have fit in your box?

Yeah, we have large boxes. He's stuffed t-shirts, in larger packaging in there, before. We also have a couple larger boxes where he can put larger items and leave a key. Neither appeared to be in use. He gave my VNV Nation tickets to a neighbor who nearly didn't give them to me. Along with other things, like tax forms... It's a problem. I've had great carriers. This one is a known problem.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    We do not know if there are different machines running multiple simulations, only that Panel K seems to be important for the time being. All of the panels/machines could perform a different function while still being part of a single process (in this case, a [repeated] simulated reality). There are nods/clues to a simulated reality being systemic in the Nine Inch Nails universe, but there is no real context at this point. Reverse songs, operational functions referencing old song titles/lyrics, and "bleedthrough" of past lyrical/musical motifs.

I took the serial number to be a means of individuality for humans operating within the simulated environment.
    I guess unless we see another machine like it, there's no way to know. And the panel in the back cover photo doesn't have a serial number, just Model No and Part No (which appears to be nothing more than "Panel K").

On the other hand, there could be a serial number on the back. Or maybe the panels don't have individual serials, just the machine itself...

(Off topic, anyone know why I'm not getting notification emails for this thread? I checked the subscriptions page, and they're all set to Instant.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my AV PC today (Oregon). Labels: Anxiety, Deviance, Self-Awareness.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

My replacement labels are: ANXIETY, SUBMISSION, and EMPATHY.
    Same in Jersey.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Some things:

Labels were AMPLIFY CHAOS, DEVIANCE, and DISORDER.

Used a black light on the whole PC and got nothing.

But, I Googled "self-aware substructures" and check this fucking shit out people...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathem...rse_hypothesis
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 08-16-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "CHOOSING THIS PACKAGE GETS YOU THE DIGITAL FILES AND WE WILL SHIP THE ACCOMPANYING PHYSICAL COMPONENT TO YOUR RESIDENCE WHICH MAY PROVIDE ADDITIONAL CLARITY"
    My thought is that somehow there is a way to enter our unique Serial No in the digital files which might unlock something, possibly a way to manipulate the music. I have no idea if that tech is even possible, but that's my guess. We looked around our mp3s' info and couldn't really find a place to enter it that made sense...

I think the vinyl having the full manual is possible, but this particular package feels like it should be self contained between the digital and the QRG.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    Yeah, we have large boxes. He's stuffed t-shirts, in larger packaging in there, before. We also have a couple larger boxes where he can put larger items and leave a key. Neither appeared to be in use. He gave my VNV Nation tickets to a neighbor who nearly didn't give them to me. Along with other things, like tax forms... It's a problem. I've had great carriers. This one is a known problem.
    Dang that's terrible, good luck in the future!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My labels are Anxiety, Deviance, Overstimlulate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got Deviance, Submission, and Amplify Chaos.
    Which I think is interesting, because in the quick ref guide schematic, it's Deviation, not Deviance. But maybe that's to do with the versioning? Hrm. Still seems a bit odd.
    My guess on the provide additional clarification thing, is perhaps the serial numbers are the passwords for steganographically hidden material? If we have differing serial numbers, then they can track who has accessed. I'm still trying to find a good steg program, I'm on windows 10 now and I'm not finding much that works with that, so if anyone has a good one?
    I played Year Zero (24.24.2.2759 t3chg1rl) and that was the best ARG I have ever played. I'm SO excited about this. Also, I am a huge NIN fan so you can imagine how psyched I am!
    On the code/lyrics. A thought I had was the hidden lines that are only up for a couple frames at a time, in the music video. I would have expected those to be in as commented out (when you put a comment in code, but it's not something executed by the program) since there are places that are commented out. But those are actual song lyrics. Or the lines in the lyrics that aren't in the music (near as I can tell, not to the naked ear at any rate), that'd be ripe for commenting out maybe? But no.
    And I'm a dev, and the lyrics are hard to read for me because it's not functioning as a real language. So I am attempting to parse it out. But one last thought. In a program, you can have a function, and that will call something, produce output. With the references we have to other NIN songs, and the size of the discography... what if we parse the "code" lyrics right to pull in bits of other songs? I think the discography is large enough that you could write a story out of it quite easily. Write a program to call one line here, another line there. And you end up with a narrative. Just pure speculation, I've not had time to try to parse out the code here, but the references to other songs made me think of that. Gonna try to see if I can make a coherent language out of these lyrics next.... *shudder* It may be impossible. Just a shot in the dark.
    Last edited by t3chg1rl; 08-16-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine has arrived today in the uk, did wonder about the shipping time, but i can see that this one has been shipped from PA (my ntae was shipped within the uk) The pictures/portraits reminded me of those images that you have to view from different angles, but could not see anything in them. Also the back page of the manual is glued to the card, (fig8), cant see anything behind it, held upto a strong light. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of the serial numbers being different.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Phew mine came today. I was a bit worried as we're on holiday next week but it had come all the way to the UK from Philadelphia. My labels were Prescence, amplify chaos and anxiety.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Are we supposed to collect them all?

Like, keep exchanging them until we have the full set like we did with Star Wars stickers back in grammar school?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Are we supposed to collect them all?

Like, keep exchanging them until we have the full set like we did with Star Wars stickers back in grammar school?
    That's what I plan on doing. :-)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post
    Got my AV PC today (Oregon). Labels: Anxiety, Deviance, Self-Awareness.
    Same labels, opposite coast.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panel_K View Post
    So I'm just wondering if anyone in the UK Received their AV PC yet?
    Mine just arrived today 17/08/17. From US (USPS) then via Royal Mail (UK). Took a whole week from the dispatch notification.

Panel Stickers are : AMPLIFY CHAOS, DISORDER, SUBMISSION
    Last edited by afors; 08-17-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My Labels: AMPLIFY CHAOS, DEVIANCE, SUBMISSION

Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    BTW you all might want to keep your serial numbers secure rather than make public. I am still expecting an online machine portal to appear where we use our serial numbers as a password to log in and tweak the dials =)
    That would be sweet
    Last edited by NINman; 08-17-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    BTW you all might want to keep your serial numbers secure rather than make public. I am still expecting an online machine portal to appear where we use our serial numbers as a password to log in and tweak the dials =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The package just arrived here in the Netherlands, Europe.

Very nice physical attribute to the EP, can't wait for the vinyl!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just got back from vacation and was pleasantly surprised to have received by AV PC! Very, very cool! Been looking into this whole Kardashev scale. Very interesting. Has anyone smarter than me looked into how this fits into the grand scheme? My labels were ANXIETY, OVERSTIMULATE and DEVIANCE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's just the eternal recurrence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I underlined and wrote down what lights and settings are on the "This Isn't The Place" video, so if anyone wants an easy way to try to visualize what type of an simulation is going on according to that video: http://imgur.com/a/CZKTj
    Thank you OSLIN for the photos of the PC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody try peeling off the Model/Serial sticker to see if anything is underneath? I doubt it, but just throwing out ideas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So no Sotirivol in AV PC then? I've looked quite thoroughly. Perhaps customs grabbed it? Dammit, where's my Sotirivol! Is it the black and ground up stuff in NTAE PC?
    Last edited by afors; 08-17-2017 at 02:52 PM.