Woooo let's hear it for Nine Inch Nails, they're good!

Front against the rail in front of Robin for the whole show.

Merch is all the new shirts from nin.com, no shirt with the dates on it unfortunately. Kinda sad about that, but maybe they'll add one later. No special merch, no hoodys or jackets. They had the beanies and deviations 1 on vinyl for $80, which I almost caved and bought, but just got 2 shirts.

Highlight of the show was the opening. They had the NIN logo slowly appear piece by piece and then massive fog hit, and lights went out and it was complete chaos for branches/bones into copy of A. Field of fire was surprising to hear and he used a megaphone for it.

The new song from Add Violence, he played a tape recorder of his speaking parts into the mic. Held it against the mic, and then he bucked it on the ground like a tamborine when he was finished with it.

Sad that there were only 4 new songs played in total, they must have rehearsed more. There's no way they didn't. Only 2 per EP? I would have thought at least 3 from each.

The David Bowie cover was a nice surprise, he told a little story about how he was in the studio when they got word of his passing and he was devastated and I think he said they were already working on that song prior to that but scrrapped it and then went back to it again... Kinda paraphrasing what he said.

I'm not familiar with HTDA material, as I never liked it, but I had no idea what it was while it was being played, I thought it was from Add Violence, so when I came back to check the setlist, was shocked it was a HTDA song, I actually enjoyed it. It worked very well into the set, and as someone who isn't familuar with their music, they wouldn't have even noticed, it blended right in to the set.

Of course, it ended with singles time.... Classic run of the mill ending. Wish he didn't have the end of his shows become so predictable, but I guess these are going to be festivals that this set is played at, so makes sense. Sad that somewhat damaged was cut, but that gives me hope for a different set in October at aftershock.

I'll post photos when I'm back home tomorrow night. I apologize in advance if there are a bunch of typos, I'm typing on an iPad.