Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
OK guys, so I read Our Mathematical Universe, and it's pretty clear that someone else who created some of the content for the P.C. and the AV panel was familiar with the work, or something based on the work. But the whole notion behind the book is that our universe could actually be a very very very complex simulation, and then gives arguments for this (and against). But parts of what is described is the notion of the SAS (Self Aware Substructure) as individualized self aware simulations within the larger simulation (e.g. people).

Given the publishing date for the book (2014), this is pretty clearly an egg which follows the existence of a chicken for the purposes of how it relates to YZ ARG V2.0 (outside the construct). But between this relation, the ties to other speculative fiction and then the continual reuse and obvious recursion in the form of data from the NIN/TR backcatalog... I think there is something of a loop to this system, the world building appears to be something which grows and is clearly not just content to play with information from the original world. And then there's the AIR references in the new tour artwork... It all has to add up to something. Doesn't it?

I've been wondering about the notion that YZ:Remixed has a nearly complete decomposition of the original album in the form of multi-tracks. Could there be something there that could be a cipher (either real, or as a noise-additive / noise-cancelling approach), but I don't really know where to start with it, or where to look (other than The Background World... because, let's be honest, if I wanted to hide something, I'd hide it there).

Soooooo... This forum is sitting back for way too long, waiting for the next piece, but what if the pieces (other than the codes on the AVPC) are already there, waiting for us to find them and put them together?
Have you listened to The Background World in reverse (not kidding). And there are other voices people have not been able to isolate. I kind of wanted to catalog the lyrics that reference the old stuff. I know NIN wiki has some, but it's not exhaustive.