Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
Do it. I quit ETS for a few weeks at the start of Tension and told my friends on the tour to not spoil anything for me - I went into it knowing nothing, and my mind was blown several times. Second best show for me - hard to top night two at Terminal 5.
Quitting ETS is easier said then done, lol. I am addicted to this place. It's like one of 3 web pages I spend my internets on.

That's why I've found it's usually easier to just try and attend the first show on the tour. Nobody knows what's gonna happen there. The problem I have found with the first show is, it's not always the best setlist. The setlist (and the band) get better as the tour goes on. If you catch a show near the end, you have a good chance of hearing the best material as I guess they've had more time to rehearse more stuff on the road.

But, as I said it's not just as simple as quitting ETS. I have tons of music news sites in my facebook feed that like to ruin tours as they unfold. I got the most recent TOOL tour spoiled that way. I even went out of my way to unsubscribe to a tool fan YouTube page that always has updates and live videos of the tour on it (I still haven't remember to re-sub to that channel lol). But, as the TOOL tour unfolded (and my show was literally one of the last), updates kept flooding in. It's in the headlines too, so you can't hide from it... "Tool busts out Eulogy for the first time in 15 years at Fairfaix" Kind of shit... and then you're like "fuckers!!" and then your show comes, and you're just sitting there wondering where Eulogy is the whole show... and it doesn't even come up, cuz they only played it at that one show.

So, avoiding setlists used to be a lot easier than it is these days. You'd have to turn off the whole internet while you waited for a concert, and I'm not gonna do that.