Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Selfdestruct View Post
Got to the Hollywood Palladium around 6:20am and counted ~150 people. Once it hit 7am lots more people lined up. Apparently the first person in line got there since 11am yesterday,
They started letting people into the official line within the venue lot at 8am, then ticket sales started promptly at 10am. Shout out to venue staff being really friendly and having made this a very well organized event for all there.

I too made new music friends in line and might meetup at one of the shows, thanks TR! One of them flew down from Portland. (if you see this, safe flight back home, lady!)
Wow, I guess I was a little closer than I thought. I got there at 5:45am and thought there were probably about 180 people in front of me. We were probably pretty close to each other in line. When we all had to go through the metal detectors I got stuck behind someone who kept setting it off so I lost probably 10-15 places in line.

But... I was one of the people who ended up with Mobile tickets. The sales girls were like, there is literally no one in this line and you can come back to the box office at any time to get your tickets. I didn't take them up on it right away, but my friend did and he was able to get his tickets in minutes. It was super quick. They wouldn't let him back in line with me so after waiting around for another 20 mins I was like fuck it and decided to get mobile tickets. Since the Palladium is all GA, I figured it wasn't screwing anyone over based on my original place in line.

I'm sorry to hear that they didn't manage that process better, grabbing people from way further back in the line.

Operationally I got what they were doing, but definitely see how it caused a clusterfuck as the day went on.

I was all settled up and out the door by 11am... I'm planning on going back to the Palladium between now and Dec to get physical tickets printed. Love the envelope and ticket holders.

Everyone I was in line with was a hardcore NIN fan, but I'm sure there were some scalpers in the mix too. The guy behind me wasn't talking at all. I chatted with some really cool people and of course saw a lot of the usual suspects from shows.

Hopefully the NIN community will do all that it can to help get tickets into the hands of fans that want them. I know if I ever have extra tickets I come here first and try to trade dates. It's usually worked out.

An interesting experiement to be sure. I had vague memories of waiting in front of tower records in LA in 1997, ending up with last row Universal Ampitheater tickets to Jane's Addiction.