Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    What exactly was fun for you? Taking over 4 hours from the 10am start to get tickets is just plain unacceptable. That's what I went through, and there were people who had it far, far worse behind me.

Hopefully this experiment dies after this weekend, but if Trent does do it again, they need to have an agreement with the promoter for many, many more people working the box office, and they need to try and move the early people along in their purchases quicker for the non-GA shows. The people earlier in the day at Radio City had a myriad of great seat options, and as such I think alot of them took their time (which is understandable considering how long they waited overnight). But that time started snowballing down the line, and grinded forward line movement to a halt. Really a garbage way to do an on-sale, and all to just get people talking about NIN on social media imo.
    I met some nice people in line; I enjoyed the anticipation of it; and I have had such shitty luck with Ticketmaster online since they've revamped their system that I was happy to have an alternative tested out, even if the motivation wasn't 100% (or even 50%) pure. It made me feel kind of young to endure that kind of nonsense for a couple of concert tickets. And I do feel, even though I am young enough to have grown up with the internet and AOL, that there are significant downsides to living life entirely through the internet rather than as an additional tool for real life, which is what it appeared to be when it was first available to consumers. It was nice to connect with other NIN fans, which I never really did as a kid, and get through an experience like this in the name of fandom.

I do agree that there should have been more ticket windows, or possibly a second location, in NY and other cities with a huge population. I'd have been happier if I had been out of there after only two hours but there was something oddly kind of adventurous and fun about enduring it with other fans. I'll add that I am painfully shy in real life and it's always been a huge struggle for me to connect with people; this made it really easy. It's totally reasonable to think it was the dumbest idea ever, too, but to me Ticketmaster.com and the online experience is really poorly done.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 05-20-2018 at 12:23 PM.