Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Queen Kwong is opening for them in Vegas! *Cat with heart eyes emoji*
    I'm so damn disappointed in myself for not buying tickets to Vegas for this now. I love QK and she never tours the states anymore, seeing her with NIN would be such a treat. I'm actually considering seeing what's on StubHub and booking a last minute trip, but that would not be very smart...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    I'm so damn disappointed in myself for not buying tickets to Vegas for this now. I love QK and she never tours the states anymore, seeing her with NIN would be such a treat. I'm actually considering seeing what's on StubHub and booking a last minute trip, but that would not be very smart...
    Stubhub prices are quite reasonable. Just do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    Stubhub prices are quite reasonable. Just do it.
    Yeah but I just dropped 260 on Phoenix tix and I've still yet to drop the 250 on a plane ticket because I'm already broke. Plus I'm starting a new job on the 13th. I won't rule out biting the bullet and eating some debt but there are other things in life. Just the cost of being poor.
    Last edited by loopcloses; 05-30-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just realized, since Trent has a history of "I don't play the song the tour is named after", I'm thinking Branches/Bones is out of rotation.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Just realized, since Trent has a history of "I don't play the song the tour is named after", I'm thinking Branches/Bones is out of rotation.
    Better not be. Seeing them open with that at Panorama last year was one of the most face-meltingest moments out of all 6 shows I've been too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Is that true? I’ve never noticed that.

Edit: that definitely can’t be true because I’m pretty sure I saw With Teeth on the With Teeth tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    No problem

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Heh. I'd forgotten how disappointed I was when they didn't play "Mr. Self Destruct" in 1994. Thankfully, they did it at the Orlando show in 1995 when the tour changed to "further down the spiral."

I was lucky enough to get "The Fragile" in Lakeland back in 2000 & "With Teeth" in Reno in 2005, but no such luck for "Lights in the Sky" in 2008 or "Not Anymore" last year.

Anyhow, I think "Branches/Bones" & "Not Anymore" will be a part of this tour's set.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think he's generally got the right idea with his setlists for headlining nin-festival shows. Lots of new stuff, some of the hits, most of the deep cut staples (like Terrible Lie and Gave Up), and a few rarities. Pretty good way to please everyone, even if you don't always get specifcally what you want.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I would love to see the remaining unplayed songs from NTAE and AV get debuted this year. The only song I could see being difficult to fit into a set is This Isn’t the Place, but they managed to make Way Out Is Through work in festival setlists, so they’ve pulled weirder shit off before. I’ve seen Somewhat Damaged, Copy of A and Branches/Bones all open shows and Branches/Bones is the best opener of the three. It’s really that good live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I would love to see the remaining unplayed songs from NTAE and AV get debuted this year. The only song I could see being difficult to fit into a set is This Isn’t the Place, but they managed to make Way Out Is Through work in festival setlists, so they’ve pulled weirder shit off before. I’ve seen Somewhat Damaged, Copy of A and Branches/Bones all open shows and Branches/Bones is the best opener of the three. It’s really that good live.
    Really? Although this time around, I want to see Branches, but the solo leading into Copy of A with each part being added at made in America was absolutely amazing.
    Last edited by FeelBetterINC; 06-01-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    NIN just added the INCHEON PENTAPORT ROCK FESTIVAL in Korea to the tour.

It seems odd they spend a week in August visiting Korea, Thailand, & Japan and not schedule anything for Australia. Are there any festivals happening around that week?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

It seems odd they spend a week in August visiting Korea, Thailand, & Japan and not schedule anything for Australia. Are there any festivals happening around that week?
    Yeah, usually an Australian leg happens just after/before SE Asian leg. I know a guy who's traveling from Australia to Japan to see NIN this tour. Too bad nothing's been announced yet.
    For me, I was going to attend just two shows in Japan but I'm now changing my plans to go visit Korea too. August's going to be great!
    MBV + NIN in one stage.. it doesn't get any better.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

I simply cannot believe how many shows he's doing this year after saying over and over less than a year ago how he wasn't going to do traditional touring anymore.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I simply cannot believe how many shows he's doing this year after saying over and over less than a year ago how he wasn't going to do traditional touring anymore.
    I've had the exact same thought. I'm sure Mariqueen has had this thought as well. Haha!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    pretty simple, $$$$...im sure his wife doesnt mind either once she sees the checks

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Traditional to Trent is touring for a year or two, which he recently said he doesn't intend to do anymore.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It's got me convinced we won't be getting a lot of NIN shows for a while again after this. He's already back to saying things like "if we tour again" and is talking about touring like he hates it. The original plan of doing less shows but more frequently is disappearing quickly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It's got me convinced we won't be getting a lot of NIN shows for a while again after this. He's already back to saying things like "if we tour again" and is talking about touring like he hates it. The original plan of doing less shows but more frequently is disappearing quickly.
    See that's what I'm thinking too. That's why I really wanted to get tickets. I missed out on the shows with Soundgarden. So I wanted to make sure I caught them this time!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The real question on my mind is how nuch does Atticus get to contribute now on the setlist??

ATTICUS PLAY ALL THE BOOPY BEEPY STUFF!!!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Alessandro has said before that setlists are entirely up to Trent although I’m sure everyone probably offers suggestions early on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I actually see This Isn't the Place working really well. I think the hardest songs to transition would've been The Lovers and The Background World, which have weirdly been staples in the past year of shows, and Dear World. TITP would slide right into that slot for longer atmospheric songs mid-set or early in the encore.

I think my main wishlist item is probably an extended version of The Background World to include some live version of the outro, at the end of the main set or the encore (or even before Hurt). The live version of Black Noise was one of the coolest fucking things Trent's ever put together and I'd love to see something like that here.

And generally speaking, something different to close out the set. It doesn't even have to be anything new, a return of the In This Twilight/Zero Sum coda would be awesome.

As for shit that almost certainly ain't happening... In Two, Demon Seed, Ghosts Piggy, What Comes Back, anything resembling the Ghosts interludes from LITS, Head Down, Vessel, The Four of Us Are Dying..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was lucky though. Saw the "aggressive" set in Camden for NIN/Soundgarden. I was bullshitting with some friends expecting an intro/ copy of a to get me to move to my seat then I just hear "so impressed with all you dooooooo" and immediately panicked and ditched everyone and ran to my seat.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    It's so hard to pick a favorite opener, I've seen some amazing ones. Mr. Self Destruct at my very first show stands out for sure, as did Now I'm Nothing into Terrible Lie on the Wave Goodbye tour. Copy of a at Made In America, after going to the show without having heard it was a great experience, but I don't know if it's because of the song or just everything. Don't get me started on Pinion > Wish > Last in Chicago when I thought we were getting Broken all the way through.

Now best CLOSING song? Easy, In This Twilight.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If only the tension tour version with backup singers had the zero-sum piano outro ending...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Don't get me started on Pinion > Wish > Last in Chicago when I thought we were getting Broken all the way through.
    yep, there too....so great, but also so disappointing.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    ANYTHING but Hurt! It's fine if he still wants to play that song in his set. But maybe playing it before going "off stage" and coming back for an Encore would be a better placement of that song. I'd rather end the night on a high note. Hurt seems like such a downer ending. I'd even take closing with HLAH over Hurt.

I know. Which frightens me to be honest. I don't want him burning out and "taking NIN away" for 3-5 years again. I was digging this "new and improved" touring schedule playing a few gigs here and there every 4-6 months. So much for that idea. Seems like he started booking a few shows and then it just snowballed into 1 big giant goddamn tour as usual.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    ANYTHING but Hurt! It's fine if he still wants to play that song in his set. But maybe playing it before going "off stage" and coming back for an Encore would be a better placement of that song. I'd rather end the night on a high note. Hurt seems like such a downer ending. I'd even take closing with HLAH over Hurt.
    i've always felt like "love is not enough" would be a great way to close out the night

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've always felt like "love is not enough" would be a great way to close out the night
    That would be an interesting choice, especially since it was the opener for almost the entire fall 2005 with teeth tour. I quite enjoy that song live and certainly wouldn’t mind it making a return.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I may be in the minority here, but I am not a fan of In This Twilight whatsoever. Even though it's a staple for the end of the night, I'm still okay with Hurt closing the show over that track.