Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    If I didn't have to work TWO jobs on the 19th my fiance literally just offered to drive me the 6 hours to NYC to try to get tickets. God damn it why did it have to be the 19th?
    I feel like I'm destined to never see NIN in my home state.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like I'll be heading out to Boston way too early in the morning (4am. fucking awesome) to check out the line and see if it's worth those odds of sitting around for tickets. Worst case scenario, my bf and I are going to be tourists for a day and visit museums or something- just trying to frame THAT as the high point in my head instead of this mess.

And hey @sick among the pure right? If there was a Buffalo show on there I'd be giddy as can be even though that's further from me than Boston. Easier drive, cooler city, friends to crash with. Oh well.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Has the public onsale date been discussed at all ... I found this on the Facebook event for the Memphis show.

"Sale Dates and Times:

Public Onsale : Thu, 24 May 2018 at 10:00 AM"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Boston is the only thing east of NYC...looks like all of New England will be crushing the Wang BO on the 19th. This seems like another case of things sounding like a better idea than they actually are.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So unless if they drop the album/EP/whatever you want to call it that prevents a stupid argument about it early, Vegas is guaranteed to have premieres of new songs before anyone ever hears them. I feel like ticket-buying aside these are going to be amazing shows all year.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klang View Post
    And hey @sick among the pure right? If there was a Buffalo show on there I'd be giddy as can be even though that's further from me than Boston. Easier drive, cooler city, friends to crash with. Oh well.
    Thing that makes me mad is the last time they played Buffalo was Fragility, which was a few months before I got into NIN. I've gone to Ohio, PA, NJ, DC and 5 shows in Canada. Never NY.

So, if the idea behind this is to keep scalpers from buying tickets, here's an idea.
    Sell the new EP with individualized codes used to log in and purchase tickets. A week after tickets go on sale for fans who bought the new EP, leftover tickets go up on regular sale.
    Scalpers are less likely to buy the album for early ticket access than they are to buy up tickets in person to sell to people who can't go to the venue that morning. Scalpers have bought up shows at the venue to re-sell before online sales came about.

I just don't see this stopping scalpers from gouging fans for hundreds of dollars, if anything it may be worse than normal online sales.

...I miss The Spiral pre-sales...
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 05-10-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    JAMC is gonna be one hell of an opener.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Urgh, not a fan of this way of selling tickets. I really want to go to those 4 LA shows, but those are going to sell out in seconds.
    They can't sell out in seconds. The Palladium holds 3,700 people. Even if every buyer buys the maximum of 16 tickets, the first 925 fans in line should be able to get tickets.

Not arguing that this method sucks, but for GA shows like yours and mine, GA eases the stress a bit.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    They can't sell out in seconds. The Palladium holds 3,700 people. Even if every buyer buys the maximum of 16 tickets, the first 925 fans in line should be able to get tickets.

Not arguing that this method sucks, but for GA shows like yours and mine, GA eases the stress a bit.
    The problem is, I am not in line. I am not even from the same country, let alone state that LA is located in. it is physically impossible for me to be in line for this.
    I need to resort on this "so called internet sale" that follows after... "If there are any quantity of tickets remaining" that is.... these shows very well have the potential of selling on on sale date. 925 people can easily show up for the pre-sale. Think of how many NIN fans there are and LA is huge. You're going to have people driving in from all the surrounding suburbs/citys. You're under-estimating the demand for this. There is a reason why there are 4 shows in LA. These shows will be the first to go, guaranteed.

I'm just really disappointed that I have to travel yet again for shows. I don't know why he doesn't just come to Canada. To not even have Toronto on the tour seems very, very odd. I have to travel for all of my shows usually, and now he is making it even harder for me to obtain tickets.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Ah, to be at the Fox Theatre in more than 30 years to see my favorite band. And to buy physical tickets. That's the way to go. I prefer it that way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The problem is, I am not in line. I am not even from the same country, let alone state that LA is located in. it is physically impossible for me to be in line for this.
    I need to resort on this "so called internet sale" that follows after... "If there are any quantity of tickets remaining" that is.... these shows very well have the potential of selling on on sale date. 925 people can easily show up for the pre-sale. Think of how many NIN fans there are and LA is huge. You're going to have people driving in from all the surrounding suburbs/citys. You're under-estimating the demand for this. There is a reason why there are 4 shows in LA. These shows will be the first to go, guaranteed.

I'm just really disappointed that I have to travel yet again for shows. I don't know why he doesn't just come to Canada. To not even have Toronto on the tour seems very, very odd. I have to travel for all of my shows usually, and now he is making it even harder for me to obtain tickets.
    Oh yeah, if you're international it's much harder. I thought you just meant you couldn't be in line right at 8am. There were many better ways to do this. I can't think of many worse ways though.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    If I recall correctly, they just put out specs/cost/etc and it's the venue that ends up agreeing or no that dictatates where they play. Too bad the nin.com forums are gone or I'd link to TR's old post about this topic. Maybe somebody has a copy. :-D

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    StubHub has already put up threads for buying these tickets lol. :|

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Super serious, I can't make the presale in chicago due to me being the best man in my brothers wedding the next day (the 19th falls on the rehearsal)

I need 2 tickets.

Do I have any friends in chicago who would be able to pick up an extra 2 tickets to either show date?

Holler at your boy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Super serious, I can't make the presale in chicago due to me being the best man in my brothers wedding the next day (the 19th falls on the rehearsal)

I need 2 tickets.

Do I have any friends in chicago who would be able to pick up an extra 2 tickets to either show date?

Holler at your boy.
    I second this. If not Chicago, Red Rocks in Colorado.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I enjoy traveling to shows, especially when it's NIN & was planning on attending shows in 4-5 cities when the Fall tour was a rumor.

Now that I have a better understanding of which shows are reserved seating, the pricing tiers for decent seats, and which dates make for easy travel - I am planning on hitting DC only. I was going to drive to Atlanta until I saw the $175 plus fees for the decent seats. That's what brokers charge and I cannot abide.

FOMO had me hit The Physical World presale in Atlanta & I splurged on those $175 tickets b/c they were available.

Now that we have confirmation of an online sale, I'm looking to hit DC, Dallas, & maybe Nashville - shows with a large general admission PIT or Floor.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 05-22-2018 at 01:11 PM. Reason: im full of shit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My only real shot is Memphis and its 6 to 7 hours. Its one on the small venues with one date I would be happy with last row up top but I need 3 tix $!%+!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I enjoy traveling to shows, especially when it's NIN & was planning on attending shows in 4-5 cities when the Fall tour was a rumor.

Now that I have a better understanding of which shows are reserved seating, the pricing tiers for decent seats, and which dates make for easy travel - I am planning on hitting DC only. I was going to drive to Atlanta until I saw the $175 plus fees for the decent seats. That's what brokers charge and I cannot abide.
    You should really be at a point in this relationship when @teitan puts you on the guest list for anything you want.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So I was concerned that ALL TICKETS could only be bought physically at the box office. I’m glad there will be an online sale. Fingers crossed I get my hands on one. I’m still interested in the presale though if anyone in the CO area plans on going.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post

if LA people can truly buy 16 tix (4 shows x 4 tix each) then Trent's hope of killing the scalping game just went up in smoke.

Some scalpers are just gonna roll through with 10 friends and 20g's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It only take like 600 people to sell out the Memphis show.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    StubHub has already put up threads for buying these tickets lol. :|
    There are already people selling tickets on eBay and someone in Indonesia selling bootleg tour shirts. At 6,000 capacity, I'm hoping I have a chance get tickets to DC online afterwards, or I'll just wait out StubHub until I see some reasonably overpriced tickets.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    God dammit. I'm going to end up going into NYC at the crack of dawn Saturday morning. I just know it. I broke down, Trent, are you happy?! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

What keeps me from being too pissed about this is the fact they seem to be holding back some tickets for normal outlets (although they're being crazy vague about it) but my main concern now is scalpers at the Physical presale. What is to stop them from just buying four tickets per event each? Unless the tickets are specially printed to have buyers' names on them for identification I don't see how this doesn't just devolve into a smorgasbord for scumbags.

Maybe the "real world experience" is spending quality time with the douches that are going to load them up on StubHub?

In any case, in spite of all the confusion, I am excited. TJAMC is obviously an amazing act to be sharing the stage with. Ugh. I just wish everyone luck trying to score tickets. Shit is gonna get weird.

EDIT: also this exchange gives me life.

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    With the way Trent is now they'd only be available on 35mm film and there'd be a gigantic bundle with a NIN logo-stamped canister and projector and the delivery person would be contractually obligated to break your phone when you answered the door to get it (the only way to receive the package, and if you aren't home, you'll have to drive to the post office to get it in person, with REAL human beings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I would lose my shit over a NIN logo-stamped film canister where do I buy one
    The fandom in a nutshell, really.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 05-10-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What is to stop them from just buying four tickets per event each
    NOTHING. And they have money to bring 10 friends who will also buy 4 tix each.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Prices on line apps appear to be cheaper than a flight to go buy tickets to the two cities I want. Anyone by chance ever used these (or similar service) and could say if they are legit?
    Last edited by sinspots; 05-10-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    well...I think I'll be lining up around 8 in NYC. man, always wanted to see a band like NIN at Radio City. Have only been to one concert there but it's such an amazing venue. I'm probably only going to do the Saturday night show...but maybe I'll do both. I graduate grad school on the 21st this month so it's pretty exciting to (hopefully) score tickets to the concert as a little gift for myself

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Prices on line apps appear to be cheaper than a flight to go buy tickets to the two cities I want. Anyone by chance ever used these (or similar service) and could say if they are legit?
    Well none of it is legit yet since no one has tickets to sell, these people are speculating on being able to get tickets and are throwing sky high prices out there for suckers. Once they go on sale, I would guess the prices will come down over time. StubHub is owned by Ticketmaster, so it's definitely a legit website. That's the only site I'd buy second hand tickets from, as I'm not sure what eBay's policies are if there are issues. I'll be willing to pay double face value if I have to, which I've never done, but I guess I can justify it by not being able to drive to DC and back just to buy tickets. In this case, you're paying for someones time to stand in line and buy tickets for you, which is slightly more justifiable than if they all went for sale online and everyone had equal opportunity to purchase tickets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have bought and sold on stubhub. I had tool ticket in January ice covered roads sold ticket one hour before the for half face value and at least it did not waste and I got some money back also had to buy my little rock tool ticket there. I sold tom petty tix on there for a wedding. Sold manson tix after getting a closer show some how. Took a loss on getting rid on my wife's extra Katy Perry tix. Pretty even over all. Gets the job done. Was watching breaking Ben tix fall to 6 bucks and almost went last night lol
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 05-12-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I feel like I'm repeating myself ... but I'm having anxiety on what's the best thing to do for tickets.

I guess I'm worried about my money and car being kinda crappy lately situation at the moment to make a trip from going to St. Louis to Memphis to wait in line and get tickets that I'm not sure exactly what price point is for what location. I just have this feeling that these are going to sell very, very quickly and there probably won't be any left post pre-sale ... which is exactly how I got fucked in 2009 with the Wave Goodbye tour in Chicago... and Aragon has a higher capacity!

It's especially weird since nin.com says "No Lineups Before 8 a.m." and the Memphis site says it starts at 6 a.m. ... so that just adds to my confusion and anxiety. Ugh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Gonna try to make the San Francisco show. Will go do the line up thing. Luckily for me I have weekends of.

Just want to say to anyone that is feeling stressed or pissed about this ticket situation:
    Remember it is just a concert. There are more important things in life to worry about.
    This week my stepdad had brain surgery for blood clots in his brain. Plus my mom can barley walk anymore due to her Parkinson's disease. It puts life in perspective.
    If I can't make the NIN show that's ok. Life can be much worse in a instant.

Not trying to sound preachy or anything, just my 2 cents. Go and enjoy life