Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    https://louderthanlifefestival.com/

Hell of a teaser video...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So they're pretty much guaranteed for that Louder Than Life fest and it seems like a given that they're doing the River City thing as well, so that's two US fests in September. I'm hoping they end up picking up more solo headlining shows around them. The fact that they're doing all these nights at The Joint feels promising for more theatre and arena dates, but who knows at this point.

I'm just tired of this slow trickle of dates rather than a full leg announcement. Even if they can't announce all the fests right away, announce what you can with a mention of more to come. Voodoo feels more and more likely with every other announcement though and that's the only festival I'd be really interested in so if it happens, I'll have to finally see New Orleans.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sigh...if this shitty LOU fest precludes them from playing Nashville this cycle I am going to be pissed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Soooo..... on your way from texas take 44 E stop by Tulsa Springfield (KC if ya want the small detour) and STL...alittle more east.....bam in Louisville .... my plan worked!!! Any way hopping for the full list soon and can't wait for the June 13th show.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 04-23-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thankfully they played Riot Fest last year so they hopefully won't again. Please, some theater or small arena shows in Chicago.

Agreed with others, enough festivals and this slow trickle of dates. Already missing out on the Saturday Vegas show because of this BS.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    https://louderthanlifefestival.com/

Hell of a teaser video...
    And Cal Jam 2018 is the weekend after. Hmmmm......

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Despite my old-person hatred of festivals, I think I would actually love Voodoo. I've even thought about going to it the last couple of years.

Please give me an excuse to go back to New Orleans. That place is magic.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if NIN only played festivals until they are done.... No?

The only festivals in Quebec (Rockfest, Heavy Montreal & Osheaga) have all announced their lineups so I doubt I'll get any dates in Montreal this year. I'm still hoping for something in Toronto in the fall. I am 100% making the trip down there if it's the only CDN date.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Not to complain about where they're playing because I'm just happy they're touring... but I really hope NIN isn't a "festival and sometimes like 3 one-off shows" deal.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Assuming there's a 300 mile radius clause for the River City & Larger Than Life festivals, are there any other festivals taking place in late September along the East coast, in Atlanta, or in Central/South Florida?

I'd like to think they would try and schedule a one-off performance between San Antonio & Louisville, but they didn't do it when they traveled from LA to NYC in 2017 (granted, Webster Hall was the night after Panorama & Bakersfield was a few days before FYF).

Regardless, I'm content with staying in the same city & catching NIN perform three times in the same venue (although, it will be weird to put Las Vegas in the same league as Lisbon & Tokyo).

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Assuming there's a 300 mile radius clause for the River City & Larger Than Life festivals, are there any other festivals taking place in late September along the East coast, in Atlanta, or in Central/South Florida?
    The Meadows in NYC.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Music Midtown in Atlanta is a possibility. Dates are TBA but last year it was mid September.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I’m strongly hoping for at least one date somewhere between NOLA, Atlanta and Florida. It’d be very cool to see NIN live again without large travel plans and a several hour flight involved. The entire southeast was skipped over last year.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Pretty sure River City Rockfest doesn't have a radius clause. Saw Volbeat there in may 2015 and they played Dallas like two or three days later.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Festivals are a terrible way to see a band you love. I certainly hope they get the festival thing out of their system. FYF wasn’t as bad as I imagined (I avoid festivals like the plague) but I’d rather not have to do that again

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    Festivals are a terrible way to see a band you love. I certainly hope they get the festival thing out of their system. FYF wasn’t as bad as I imagined (I avoid festivals like the plague) but I’d rather not have to do that again
    Oh yeah. Festivals are the worst. I will say that Panorama last year was lovely though. Nice weather. Made in America 2013 was miserable all day. But NIN was worth it. Probably a top three NIN show for me.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I had great luck with fests last year but I am definitely over the experience of having to stand in the sun all day dealing with bands you don’t like for an entire day just to get up front for the reason you came while dealing with VIP tickets that don’t actually guarantee you a good spot at all (cough Panorama cough) and going to GA anyway. Not being able to use the bathroom, not drinking water because you don’t want to need to leave but feeling dehydrated as all hell by the time NIN rolls around, etc., even for a kid like me I’m generally over it. I understand the market for fests and the fact that they get bands exposure and a solid paycheck but there’s definitely a way to tour that balances the festivals for those factors with headlining shows for more serious fans.

APC just announcing a huge string of dates for the fall/winter all at once reminded me of how it felt getting all of the Tension dates and 2014 dates all at once and I miss it. I also feel like they miss out on a lot of fans this way because I would be able to plan and better prepare for multiple shows this fall if I knew about them already, whereas when it’s only a month or two beforehand it’s sinificantly harder to save up, know what other things to skip, get the time off and feel stress-free about it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post

APC just announcing a huge string of dates for the fall/winter all at once reminded me of how it felt getting all of the Tension dates and 2014 dates all at once and I miss it. I also feel like they miss out on a lot of fans this way because I would be able to plan and better prepare for multiple shows this fall if I knew about them already, whereas when it’s only a month or two beforehand it’s sinificantly harder to save up, know what other things to skip, get the time off and feel stress-free about it.
    I know what you mean but I’m a little frustrated that they go on sale this Friday and the show in my area is not til November. I just bought tickets to all three Vegas shows and tickets to see Nick Cave so my concert funds are already in despair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Despite my old-person hatred of festivals, I think I would actually love Voodoo. I've even thought about going to it the last couple of years.

Please give me an excuse to go back to New Orleans. That place is magic.
    Yes! I've been wanting to go back! I really enjoyed that festival.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Oh yeah. Festivals are the worst. Made in America 2013 was miserable all day. But NIN was worth it. Probably a top three NIN show for me.
    Yeah, waiting outside in the summer heat on blacktop from morning until 9pm in a giant crowd so much further from the stage than any other show SUCKED SO MUCH but god damn that show was probably in my top 3 as well just because their performance was THAT amazing. Also, I learned that Philly shows are usually some of the best shows, so I will be going back down for any stop in the Philly area from now on.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Holy living hell- looking at these posts. I think every “major” city now has like five crappy festivals every year. I know it’s a money generator for everyone involved but it’s kind of saddening.

This has nothing to do with NIN BTW, other than another summer of festivals. Just an observation. Would like to see these acts that aren’t in some shit weather conditions with crap sound and smelly people who don’t know what deodorant is (that one is for you, Riot Fest Chicago 2017).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Holy living hell- looking at these posts. I think every “major” city now has like five crappy festivals every year. I know it’s a money generator for everyone involved but it’s kind of saddening.

This has nothing to do with NIN BTW, other than another summer of festivals. Just an observation. Would like to see these acts that aren’t in some shit weather conditions with crap sound and smelly people who don’t know what deodorant is (that one is for you, Riot Fest Chicago 2017).
    Wholeheartedly agree. Lollapalooza has really screwed us in Chicago, I'm ready for it to go away. It's such a relief when the lineup comes out and none of my must-see bands are playing (like this year). Really grateful that Pearl Jam and Radiohead are playing their own shows (two each) in Chicago within a month of Lolla. Enough already.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I sure hope that they keep the logo slowly fading in to start the Vegas shows. I really enjoyed that simple little thing for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Oh yeah. Festivals are the worst. I will say that Panorama last year was lovely though. Nice weather. Made in America 2013 was miserable all day. But NIN was worth it. Probably a top three NIN show for me.
    Same goes for me. Day for Night only 13 songs, but the rainin sideways aspect made this one fly up the charts. Up there with Echoplex, Club 2005(my first show), and ACL taping.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I sure hope that they keep the logo slowly fading in to start the Vegas shows. I really enjoyed that simple little thing for whatever reason.
    I was hoping that animation would show up on NIN.com, but @kraw seems to be busy with other things.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Any guesses as to Vegas-specific merch? I didn't follow the festivals last year too much, I know Texas got it's own shirt, did any other show have anything venue-specific? Last time I can remember venue (or even individual date) specific shirts was Wave Goodbye.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The artist that did the two main posters last year recently posted an image that was captioned with lyrics. So I'm hoping for more posters from him!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The artist that did the two main posters last year recently posted an image that was captioned with lyrics. So I'm hoping for more posters from him!
    I don't see that anywhere.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Louder than Life splash page has changed away from TGD.