Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Montbello Rockfest still in play.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So, seems like they're just going to be for a litte more than two weeks in Europe. Guess they'll throw a couple of UK dates in there and maybe a few other festivals in places like Italy, Poland, Denmark, Sweden or Finland etc.

For reference, in 2014 they stayed for +4 weeks and played 25 shows.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Montbello Rockfest still in play.
    Totally. I think this is why rockfest moved their festival up a week. Normally they're the second last weekend of June, but they moved it to mid June this year. Probably to accommodate a headliners schedule.

The question is, if NIN does end up at rockfest, does anyone think they will include a few extra NA dates around the festival or will it be a one off show for NA before flying out to Europe.

I'm assuming rockfest's lineup is holding the (if any) North American dates from being announced.
    I'm going to go off on a whim here and say a few warm up shows in early June in a few places around NA leading up to rockfest, then maybe a quick week or so break before flying out to Europe and EP 3 will be out last week of May/First week of June.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Totally. I think this is why rockfest moved their festival up a week. Normally they're the second last weekend of June, but they moved it to mid June this year. Probably to accommodate a headliners schedule.

The question is, if NIN does end up at rockfest, does anyone think they will include a few extra NA dates around the festival or will it be a one off show for NA before flying out to Europe.

I'm assuming rockfest's lineup is holding the (if any) North American dates from being announced.
    I'm going to go off on a whim here and say a few warm up shows in early June in a few places around NA leading up to rockfest, then maybe a quick week or so break before flying out to Europe and EP 3 will be out last week of May/First week of June.
    I think they would use the Rockfest as their warmup date for their festival run in EU.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Aww shit, small venue and it's indoors. And APC are playing the day after. May have to travel to Paris for this.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Aww shit, small venue and it's indoors. And APC are playing the day after. May have to travel to Paris for this.
    I'm thinking the same thing...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The Download fest line ups and stage allocations are out and it's pretty obvious now NIN won't be there, so chances are we're getting stand alone shows rather then festival appearances...which i'm A-OK with.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Goddamnit, I passed on APC Paris show because I saw QOTSA there, and chose Stockholm instead. Still waiting for any early June dates.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

I’m not a big fan of this announcing one show at a time business. It really screwed up my planning last year. I’m not sure a NA tour leg this year will include very many dates, but I’m hoping they will all be announced at the same time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The route they are taking around Europe no longer makes sense to me but I guess they are at the whim of the festival organisers to some extent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I’m not a big fan of this announcing one show at a time business.
    Me neither.

Already bought tickets for Rock Werchter and there's a good chance they will perform at that festival. But in case they won't I don't want to miss out on other concerts near the Netherlands. Damn waiting game...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I understand that the festivals are going to be announced one at a time but I don’t think headlining shows should be.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is it possible there could be some US dates around April-May?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    At this point they’d have to be announced fairly soon and would probably be stray standalones like the Vegas show last year (which was announced, what, only a month beforehand?).

I agree that this one show at a time schedule is garbage. I get that festivals make it necessary for some but I’m really missing a simple full schedule being announced — I don’t want to save the money for a European show, get things booked and then have a US date announced last minute. Even if it was an announcement like “Europe this summer, NA in the fall,” it’d be a big help.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

I expect for Paris:
    1. A pre-sale.
    2. A second gig the day before or the day after. This venue is small. (cap. 2000?)

Last edited by witte; 01-24-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

And....june 27 Afas Amsterdam is next! Indoor gig. Secret news!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; 01-24-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I’m not a big fan of this announcing one show at a time business. It really screwed up my planning last year. I’m not sure a NA tour leg this year will include very many dates, but I’m hoping they will all be announced at the same time.
    Yeah, if I'm actually going to fly over to Europe for NIN, I'd like to make it worth my while and hit up a few. I don't want to book flights etc until all the dates are out.
    It's pretty obvious there are going to be some UK dates, they'd be crazy not to.

Honestly, it's looking like Montebello rockfest in Quebec is going to be the kick-off date.
    My prediction is NIN close out the Montebello rockfest on Sunday, June 17th and then catch a plane over to the UK to start the European leg. Probably take 2 days to rest up, resume shows on the 20th til the 24th around the UK and then hit Paris on the 25th etc.

If my prediction is right, I can probably make that happen. I'd say that sounds like a swell European vacation to me.

Now, if only the release the UK dates before Paris goes on sale to make planning this crazy nonsense so much more easier.

It would be easier if the guy just told us his plans and if NA was actually getting dates, lol.... but whatever. Part of being a NIN fan is being spontaneous sometimes. Gotta live in the moment, I guess.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post

Insider information? Or are you just speculating? Either way, now you've got me hyped up ...

I could definitely hit Paris / Amsterdam / Berlin. Damn exciting.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    This is from a reliable source, trust me!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    If I could I would like your post twice because that's fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Insider information? Or are you just speculating? Either way, now you've got me hyped up ...

I could definitely hit Paris / Amsterdam / Berlin. Damn exciting.
    I was actually already planning Paris /Amsterdam / Berlin to go to the Berlin NIN show and then NIN announces Paris and then maybe this Amsterdam show, this is going to be amazing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Alessandro is playing solo shows at least up until May 10. Considering nin will need at least a couple weeks to rehearse, it’s looking even less likely that a NA spring tour will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Yeah!!!! Best news of today

Gonna be busy months with concerts of Arcade Fire, NIN, GNR and Rock Werchter

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

This probably rules out NIN coming back to the states to play lollapalooza and I have no idea what it means for their overseas tour routing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe they’ll play some dates here in the US in Sep/Oct/Nov? I still really think they will headline Voodoo Fest this year.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Fall has seemed the most likely for a while, any chance of earlier US dates have been hoping more than anything. A stretch of international dates for late June and early July, a couple strays in August, a couple months off, a stretch of NA dates in a couple months in the fall/early winter. Trent's whole thing is not touring himself to death so often that it makes him want to quit for years again, so that schedule makes the most sense. It also isn't that hard to do a lot of NA within a couple of months, even if he decides he wants to do a more extensive tour here later this year.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Fall has seemed the most likely for a while, any chance of earlier US dates have been hoping more than anything. A stretch of international dates for late June and early July, a couple strays in August, a couple months off, a stretch of NA dates in a couple months in the fall/early winter. Trent's whole thing is not touring himself to death so often that it makes him want to quit for years again, so that schedule makes the most sense. It also isn't that hard to do a lot of NA within a couple of months, even if he decides he wants to do a more extensive tour here later this year.
    Yeah, I don't think there is anything in the US coming before Sept/Oct - If that. I'm getting the feeling NA might be pushed til very early 2019. Therefore, I am not going to risk it. I'm not going to risk being out of vacation by then (I usually waste a lot of vacation time in July/August), and not getting my NIN fix in 2018. So instead, I've decided to be INSANE and do Europe. I convinced my girlfriend last night, and she's on board now.

Also, the setlists are always better in Europe anyway. He seems to play the garbage singles in NA and the deep cuts in Europe for some reason. So this will be a chance to actually get a varied setlist for once, hopefully.

Can't believe I am even doing this. I hate traveling lol... I must be crazy... But whatever, we only live once right? So, Gonna grab Paris for sure. Hopefully UK and Holland gets some stuff announced. There are many other appealing shows/festivals other than NIN around that time that I am also considering.

Oh boy, hopefully I don't die... lol.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-25-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Posted 1:10am Pacific on NIN's instagram story:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Thanks; another festival date by the looks of it