Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017.07.19 - Bakersfield, CA @ Rabobank Arena

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    If AXS wasn't such a fucker to deal with, I totally would've gotten two GA tickets just to sell one at face to an ETSer who needed it, but AXS is, in fact, such a fucker to deal with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So . . . wonder what kind of stampede this will cause:

I have an extra GA ticket that I'm willing sell (my +1 bailed).

Several conditions:

1) Kinda looking for a concert buddy. You know, a 'you got my back, I got yours' kind of a thing. Just someone to hang with for the show, and pull me back to my feet if some starf*cker knocks me down.

2) Must be willing to endure the 'crush' near the stage.

3) I'm older, female, and have been rocking out at concerts since before many of you were even thought of. First live shows? Led Zeppelin, The Who, Black Sabbath, etc. You get the picture.

4) I don't need a babysitter, and I don't want to be one. I don't drink, but I don't mind if you do. Just as long as you don't ruin my show by puking all over the place (or me). I don't mind smoke, either; knock yourself out. But I can't hang with it myself. The shit these days? OMFG. Can't do that. Makes me catatonic.

That's it. Been a NIN fan for a while. Saw them w/ APC in Sac a number of years ago, again with Jane's Addiction on the NINJa tour in Santa Barbara, and caught their two 'final' shows at the Henry Fonda Music Box Theater and the Wiltern.

Let me know if you're interested and don't mind hanging out with an old rocker chick. My husband's not a NIN fan, and I'd rather go with someone who understands just how awesome this show's gonna be.

Oh, and wear your boots.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambrus1 View Post
    So . . . wonder what kind of stampede this will cause:

I have an extra GA ticket that I'm willing sell (my +1 bailed).
    I'd love to go! I sound exactly like the type of person you're looking to go with.

EDIT: I just sent you a private message.
    Last edited by Pureone; 07-18-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, I used to post here a few years back but forgot my username/pw so I created a new one.
    I'm flying in from Canada for this and I got an extra ticket as my friend can no longer make it.
    I need a ride from LAX to Bakersfield, so if you can pick me up at the airport, my extra ticket is yours. *No smoking please. PM me if interested.
    I've got a hotel and will rent a car the next day (staying a few days in CA) so I don't need a ride back.
    EDIT: my flight lands at 2:30pm at LAX.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by nin_canada; 07-18-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin_canada View Post
    Hi there, I used to post here a few years back but forgot my username/pw so I created a new one.
    I'm flying in from Canada for this and I got an extra ticket as my friend can no longer make it.
    I need a ride from LAX to Bakersfield, so if you can pick me up at the airport, my extra ticket is yours. *No smoking please. PM me if interested.
    I've got a hotel and will rent a car the next day (staying a few days in CA) so I don't need a ride back.
    Also, I need to book my flight tonight (last minute I know) and I'm looking at a flight that lands at 6pm at LAX and it seems like it's about a 2-hour drive to get to Bakersfield with traffic. Do you locals think this is too tight?
    Thanks!
    Not sure where in Canada you are coming from, but look at flights to Vegas. Its an easy 4 hour drive, you may be able to get an earlier flight, and rental cars are stupid cheap.

But no way in hell would I look at landing at LAX at 6 and expect to make the show. You need at least a 4 hour cushion. Delays and traffic are going to kill you.

PM me where you are flying from, budget, and how early in the day you can leave and I'll do some digging.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Also, I need to book my flight tonight (last minute I know) and I'm looking at a flight that lands at 6pm at LAX and it seems like it's about a 2-hour drive to get to Bakersfield with traffic. Do you locals think this is too tight?
    Thanks!
    If you gotta go through customs/Tom Bradley there is no way that is happening for you. It might take you an hour just to go through customs, get a car/ride, and get on the freeway.

Evidently there's a company called "Linear Air Taxi" that will take you from LAX to Bakersfield in 1 hour for the low-low price of $1500.

//edit

Looks like there are a few flights direct to Bakersfield Airport (BFL) that transfer via SFO. They leave at 6am, but they're "only" $400.

Wednesday, July 19Vancouver Bakersfield

6h 34m

• United Airlines
    • Flight 618
    • Boeing 737-900

6:00a
    Vancouver, BC

YVR Vancouver Intl Airport

8:18a
    San Francisco, CA

SFO San Francisco Intl Airport

• 2h 18m
    • Economy

Layover in San Francisco, CA (SFO)
    3h 3m

• United Airlines
    • Flight 5613
    • Canadair Regional Jet

11:21a
    San Francisco, CA

SFO San Francisco Intl Airport

12:34p
    Bakersfield, CA

BFL Meadows Field Airport

• 1h 13m
    • Economy

Operated by United Express/SkyWest

Last edited by TheRealNs1; 07-18-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just edited my last post, my flight lands at 2:30pm at LAX and I still need a ride to the show. I have an extra ticket in exchange.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just edited my last post, my flight lands at 2:30pm at LAX and I still need a ride to the show. I have an extra ticket in exchange.
    I'd be happy to take you to the show if you could get to Beverly Hills by 3:30 or shortly thereafter, but I don't think that's likely between getting through the airport, getting an Uber, and traffic in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if anyone's still looking for a ticket, i still have an extra one available in the second row of section 106. pm me if you need it. it would be a total shame for it to go to waste.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    not going to the show, but man I'm loving the fervor and horse trading it's causing. Exciting times in our NIN world again, and should stay this way for a while.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Guys, let's find a way for us to be able to recognize each other tomorrow so we can say hi. Oh! I've got it. Let's just the ETSers wear black t-shirts; that'll guarantee we stick out from the crowd for sure!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Guys, let's find a way for us to be able to recognize each other tomorrow so we can say hi. Oh! I've got it. Let's just the ETSers wear black t-shirts; that'll guarantee we stick out from the crowd for sure!
    Wait - then I can't wear my green Wave Goodbye shirt from the Music Box Theater, or my red one from the Wiltern (still trying to figure out which one to wear).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd be happy to take you to the show if you could get to Beverly Hills by 3:30 or shortly thereafter, but I don't think that's likely between getting through the airport, getting an Uber, and traffic in general.
    I'm looking for people to carpool with if you're interested!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have a ticket for sale, face value + fees (~$45). Just found out that I have training for work

(Section 105, Row H)

Shoot me a PM or find me on twitter.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    No problem here! I don't even own a shirt that isn't black lol.

Anyway, I'll be in a fixed t-shirt and black shorts.

Also, I'm in Bakersfield now. Caught the 7:30pm flight out of Vancouver. Transferred in San Fran. Staying a 9 min walk from the venue. Not entirely sure what time I'll head to the venue yet, but it'll probably be in the early afternoon between 1-2. Probably grab a bunch of food and water to Get me through standing in 100 degree weather for like 6 hrs.... Lol.....

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BWtc6BygZHS/

Eeeeeee, this post makes it all feel so much more real. I still have a week and a half before my show, but I am so excited for y'all! I feel like something rad is bound to happen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only have carry-on, but do you think that's realistic?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Also, I'm in Bakersfield now. Caught the 7:30pm flight out of Vancouver. Transferred in San Fran.
    I love the dedication shown by hard-core NIN fans. This is frickin' awesome!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You guys are the best helping each other out with tickets and logistics. I can't wait to see them in Chicago.

is anyone streaming from the show? Since 2014, most any concert has been available to watch from afar on Periscope or Facebook live.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It's realistic if you breeze through customs and get a car right away, but I think it's probably not something you can bank on.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm incredibly jealous of you guys! Hope you have a great time. Looking forward to your reports.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I really hope this particular show gets as much unexpected setlist surprises and deep cuts as humanly possible. After all, isn't it specifically targeted at die-hard fans? The later festival dates will most likely resort to more hits and less deep cuts, this one though...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I really hope this particular show gets as much unexpected setlist surprises and deep cuts as humanly possible. After all, isn't it specifically targeted at die-hard fans? The later festival dates will most likely resort to more hits and less deep cuts, this one though...
    Really depends on if they decide to rehearse a bunch of songs for a one time intimate show. That being said I'd say it's better than 50/50 this won't be the exact same set list as the festival dates.

Have fun tonight kids/lucky bastoids.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Really depends on if they decide to rehearse a bunch of songs for a one time intimate show. That being said I'd say it's better than 50/50 this won't be the exact same set list as the festival dates.
    Yeah, no way they rehearsed a bunch of extra stuff for a show they probably decided to do very recently. Most likely, as with the LITS warm up show, we'll be getting the vast majority of what they rehearsed, but for four 90 minute festival dates, that may not be very much. As I mentioned a page ago, though, there's always a chance we get a show tonight that they decide not to move forward with, and we see the only ever performance of it. I wouldn't hate that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'll be wearing my Spiral member shirt.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'll be wearing a vintage looking Bowie shirt and this face tonight if anyone wants to say hi!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    there have been documented waits of 20 minutes+ for an uber, so if time is of the essence you should see if there is a cab available.

Not saying you can't get lucky w/ Uber & Lyft but if you want guarantees...

Customs is hit or miss. I've been through in 5 minutes; it's also taken me 60 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone already at the venue and in line?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMass View Post
    Anyone already at the venue and in line?
    according to reddit 8-9 people in line already.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Getting ready to head out to Bakersfield! Woooooot!

I will most likely have my Cold Cave "People Are Poison" tote bag with me, so if you see that come say hi! (I promise I'm friendly)
    As many people who have waited in line for hours with me will attest. I get muppet-Y (in a good way, not the way euros and Aussies use it, lol) as I get to hear stories and meet wonderful NIN peeps.

Gigi (Google) is telling me at least two hours from drive my place in suburbia.

So by the time I get out of here I'm guessing a 1pm ish ETA. Save me a place, ETS!