Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66
Results 1,951 to 1,973 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who feels like the "weird timing" in this Not Anymore version just sounds like misaligned multitracks? Like... the claps and whatnot were just accidentally shoved a beat early and then it was exported just like that?

It also just feels like too strange of a change to have been made last-minute. That said, perhaps they were just unsure which rhythm to go with until the last minute and were trying around different things. This "early version" timing just sounds way too "off" to me, and non in a usual uncomfortable-but-good NIN way.

These sound very much to me like unmixed versions overall, like what the tracks sounded like before being sent off to Alan Moulder for mixing.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So are this confirmed to be legit? o just weird mixes a fan made?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    My question though, is: what on earth is "DEPECH GTR STEM_01"?? Is there a Depeche Mode sample in this song I'm not picking up on? I generally have a very good ear for samples, and know Depeche Mode's discography quite well, but can't figure out what it may be (if it even made it into the final track). Any ideas?
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering about those stems that say Lynch and also the one that says something about March snares. Are they sounds/dialog snatches from a David Lynch movie and drums from MOTP?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering about those stems that say Lynch and also the one that says something about March snares. Are they sounds/dialog snatches from a David Lynch movie and drums from MOTP?
    lol, the NIN rabbit hole is endless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    just a guess here - march drums are literally just that, marching drum samples.
    the lynch could be just named cause like someone said when you try to reverse them they still sound incomprehensible and thats quite a lynch thing lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    Am I the only one who feels like the "weird timing" in this Not Anymore version just sounds like misaligned multitracks? Like... the claps and whatnot were just accidentally shoved a beat early and then it was exported just like that?

It also just feels like too strange of a change to have been made last-minute. That said, perhaps they were just unsure which rhythm to go with until the last minute and were trying around different things. This "early version" timing just sounds way too "off" to me, and non in a usual uncomfortable-but-good NIN way.

These sound very much to me like unmixed versions overall, like what the tracks sounded like before being sent off to Alan Moulder for mixing.
    yeah the lovers sound like misaligned multitracks too, weird because the promo cds dont have stems
    Last edited by Wulgaren; 01-19-2022 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Strangely, a new version of NOT ANYMORE with "fixed vocals" has been uploaded 30 minutes ago.
    Maybe these are not the promo cds that he has, but multitrack files for the whole ADD VIOLENCE EP...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    On this new version of NOT ANYMORE, the weird timing has been changed.
    And the wave files from these two versions are different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dont tell me these are fake, Boooooo

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by untold View Post
    Strangely, a new version of NOT ANYMORE with "fixed vocals" has been uploaded 30 minutes ago.
    Maybe these are not the promo cds that he has, but multitrack files for the whole ADD VIOLENCE EP...
    They're not. He's trying to line up the acapellas with the instrumentals. And the 'fixed' version is lined up even worse than the previous attempt was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah lol it still didn’t start on beat

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that makes me think back to that Dave Grohl interview talking about where the 1 was.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I’m lol’ing at this thread.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Can you expand on that?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Can you expand on that?
    He's laughing out loud at this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    *Chef's kiss.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Thanks. What I'm saying is if there is a joke here not all of us are in on it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Thanks. What I'm saying is if there is a joke here not all of us are in on it.
    Here:

Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    To be clear: the instrumental versions are out there ( @ninlive bought the promo CDs as mentioned in the auction thread). I’m just wondering what these supposed early versions are?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Yes, I get that. As someone that *doesn't* have the CDR in my hands, I was hoping for confirmation that @botley 's theory is correct.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Yes, I get that. As someone that *doesn't* have the CDR in my hands, I was hoping for confirmation that @botley 's theory is correct.
    Yeah, I think that's correct. I pasted the acapella and instrumental together and came up with a waveform that looks similar to the top one that @untold posted. The "Main" mix looks like the bottom waveform.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I mean, there sure is a lotta wonder and speculation about these tracks, when correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a well known community friend (NINLive) that has three of the 5? Perhaps he could shed some light on what exactly is going on here...?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    I mean, there sure is a lotta wonder and speculation about these tracks, when correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a well known community friend (NINLive) that has three of the 5? Perhaps he could shed some light on what exactly is going on here...?
    He has all of them AFAIK.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    ( @ninlive bought the promo CDs as mentioned in the auction thread).
    To be fair, anyone who isn't actively collecting likely doesn't go into that massive thread, let alone know that NINlive got them (kudos and horrah to you for that btw!). I had no idea, I only just knew that these cds did exist somewhere in the wild. I also was curious, since I didn't have anything to compare it to and was not aware we had someone here who did, if these were simply full tracks that had come from those CDs or something else. The nice and easy response to the initial question would have been "I have the CDs, that's exactly what they have on them."
    Honestly I'm just glad someone who will properly archive them has them, we all know how crazy NIN fans go for instrumental stuff. I was really hoping when he put out the TDS ones on remix.nin.com that we would see the same treatment for all NIN releases, or at least albums.