Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    The official page breaks it down in blocks 3 blocks space 8 blocks with the last being E. What else could the first 3 blocks be other than THE? It would make no sense for it to be anything else. THE EVIDENCE and THE PRESENCE seem to be the best damn guesses at this point.
    Yes, I'm very aware of the black blocks on nin.com (I saw them the day they appeared). I'm really not trying to argue with you and you may absolutely be right about the first word being "The." In fact, I think that's most likely the case. I'm only saying that we don't know that FOR SURE and "The" isn't the only three-letter word in the English language (although it is one of the most common ones). I also will go on record as saying that I think The Evidence would be a really cool title for the EP and sounds like it fits with Not the Actual Events pretty well. That may very well be the title. I just have serious doubts about that Instagram photo of The Fragile being the start of ARG v2.0. Anyway, regardless of what it's called and whether it's connected to the shirt (or whatever) in that photo Trent posted, I'm fucking pumped for it's imminent arrival!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 07-09-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    What else could the first 3 blocks be other than THE? It would make no sense for it to be anything else. THE EVIDENCE and THE PRESENCE seem to be the best damn guesses at this point.
    It's very likely to be THE, but it's silly to say it would make no sense for it to be anything else. Just looking at EVIDENCE alone, it could very easily be THE EVIDENCE, NEW EVIDENCE, or OLD EVIDENCE (BRO EVIDENCE!). Other three letter words that could be viable if it's not EVIDENCE include FOR, AND, ALL, NOT, ONE, and plenty other options if it's a less NIN-y title (HER PATIENCE, HIS SENTENCE, that kind of thing). Given Trent's naming history, of course it's probably THE, but don't talk like it would be the craziest shit ever if it was something else.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    It's very likely to be THE, but it's silly to say it would make no sense for it to be anything else. Just looking at EVIDENCE alone, it could very easily be THE EVIDENCE, NEW EVIDENCE, or OLD EVIDENCE (BRO EVIDENCE!). Other three letter words that could be viable if it's not EVIDENCE include FOR, AND, ALL, NOT, ONE, and plenty other options if it's a less NIN-y title (HER PATIENCE, HIS SENTENCE, that kind of thing). Given Trent's naming history, of course it's probably THE, but don't talk like it would be the craziest shit ever if it was something else.
    It will be THE PRESENCE or THE EVIDENCE. If it's not, I'll eat my hat.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It will be THE PRESENCE or THE EVIDENCE. If it's not, I'll eat my hat.
    I'll eat my hat if it's not THE EVIDENCE. I'm just not going to treat people like dumb-dumbs for saying it might be something else in the meantime.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'd also like to point out that if the shirt or whatever IS related to the new EP, why does it not match the established visual aesthetic AT ALL?
    I suppose the 2nd EP could potentially have a new cleaner look than NTAE, but that would mean that image of the album cover for THE EVIDENCE from Reddit is a fan-made fake, which casts a little doubt (at least for me) on THE EVIDENCE being the title.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Punishing us for being upset over an overpriced subpar product delivered damaged for what seems to be an overwhelming majority. Something something wrong thread something something you get what you deserve something something you shoulda known by now.
    I made the comment in partial jest. Something clearly went very wrong and the affected customers have every right to make a stink. Although, it was a little annoying to see the Sandbag Sux thread on top of the NIN forum for almost two weeks straight.

As an aside, maybe giving everyone who ordered the vinyl the new album for free might be a good place to start for TR to make amends.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Wouldn't the caption "It lives" makes more sense with The Presence rather than The Evidence?
    I know I'm late to the party but why is everyone assuming that it lives refers to the The Fragile Definitive vinyl?
    Are the 3 EPs paving the way for YZ part 2?
    NTAE, The Presence and whatever comes next could easily be tied to the YZ universe.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Wouldn't the caption "It lives" makes more sense with The Presence rather than The Evidence?
    I know I'm late to the party but why is everyone assuming that it lives refers to the The Fragile Definitive vinyl?
    Are the 3 EPs paving the way for YZ part 2?
    NTAE, The Presence and whatever comes next could easily be tied to the YZ universe.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Yeah, my assumption is the IG post was on the surface just meant to be about the vinyl- seemingly innocuous- but knowing that we look for hidden things, putting the ENCE underneath was the real point (or at least partial point) of the post.

To me, NTAE is telling such a personal story that it makes no sense for it to be YZ related (which is telling a global story), which is why I'm really hoping it's not THE PRESENCE. There are plenty of arguments for why it could be, though, so I totally get it's possible.

But come on. NTAE is from the perspective of someone who did something really fucked up and doesn't want to remember it, i.e. NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS. What better follow up to that than an album that pieces together the clues and facts of what happened, i.e. THE EVIDENCE? Also, Google image "evidence bag" and look at those fonts compared to the IG post.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'd also like to point out that if the shirt or whatever IS related to the new EP, why does it not match the established visual aesthetic AT ALL?
    Sure, but how boring would it be if all three of the album covers were the same Still/AATCHB rehash? I certainly expect/hope the artwork is something totally different. Also, while I think the fabric thingy is related to the EP, I don't think it's necessarily indicative of the album artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I suppose the 2nd EP could potentially have a new cleaner look than NTAE, but that would mean that image of the album cover for THE EVIDENCE from Reddit is a fan-made fake, which casts a little doubt (at least for me) on THE EVIDENCE being the title.
    Why would someone making a fake album cover based on existing artwork and using the clear favorite for the EP's title change your opinion in any way? I made this last month just as a fun what-if. If instead of just sharing it for fun, I used it to troll people and make them think it was the real deal, it wouldn't make it any less likely that that's the title.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It's most definitely the album cover. No way Trent would waste his time snapping that pic and placing it in that way and then adding the description and putting on instagram.
    But what about the uneven edges?! FUCK!!!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Guys, I've got inside information...

The title is "ARG PATIENCE"

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, my assumption is the IG post was on the surface just meant to be about the vinyl- seemingly innocuous- but knowing that we look for hidden things, putting the ENCE underneath was the real point (or at least partial point) of the post.

To me, NTAE is telling such a personal story that it makes no sense for it to be YZ related (which is telling a global story), which is why I'm really hoping it's not THE PRESENCE. There are plenty of arguments for why it could be, though, so I totally get it's possible.

But come on. NTAE is from the perspective of someone who did something really fucked up and doesn't want to remember it, i.e. NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS. What better follow up to that than an album that pieces together the clues and facts of what happened, i.e. THE EVIDENCE? Also, Google image "evidence bag" and look at those fonts compared to the IG post.
    I suck at interpreting lyrics but couldn't that someone be living within the YZ timeline? Are there any clues in the lyrics that would support this?
    I also think The Evidence makes a lot of sense but I guess I'm hanging on to that possibility that YZ pt.2 will actually happen someday.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I can't wait for the new album to come in a fortnight

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I suck at interpreting lyrics but couldn't that someone be living within the YZ timeline? Are there any clues in the lyrics that would support this?
    I also think The Evidence makes a lot of sense but I guess I'm hanging on to that possibility that YZ pt.2 will actually happen someday.
    I mean, it's totally possible, but the idea of doing an electronic album about a dystopian police state and then following it up with a noisy rock album about something grisly and personal- and then having that album's artwork reference Still/AATCHB and its lyric sheet reference Reptile- just seems so fucking all over the place. I'd be totally down for a YZ2, but I really think this is its own thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Release the fucking thing already!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Is Dive + Slam gonna be on this thing?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandodante View Post
    is dive + slam gonna be on this thing?
    1. Falling
    2. Bleedthrough (Main Theme)
    3. Dive + Slam = Us
    4. ACIDDANCE.MIDI
    5. It All Fades
    6. Hurt (Johnny Cash Cover)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    There is no way in hell it's called The Presence. You guys are just having some fun and don't really think that, right?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i hope not. the -------e has a very real potential to be cliche' and be too "nin." please no ...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm too excited. Remember everybody, some of us have a 20% off discount!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't believe the whole "no touring in 2017" thing. Trent lies to us all the time. What's the point of the festivals, if not to prep for a bigger tour? The only thing that makes me second guess this, is that i would figure he would want to have all 3 eps out before touring. Also, i don't think there's really enough time to still organize a fall tour. I think i remember buying my Tension 2013 tickets like 6 months in advance!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post
    What's the point of the festivals, if not to prep for a bigger tour?
    To prep for a 2018 tour maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The parallels between this EP trilogy and the Twin Peaks season currently airing are undeniably connected. This seems like a massively cool collaboration unfolding before my eyes. Very fun.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post
    I don't believe the whole "no touring in 2017" thing. Trent lies to us all the time. What's the point of the festivals, if not to prep for a bigger tour? The only thing that makes me second guess this, is that i would figure he would want to have all 3 eps out before touring. Also, i don't think there's really enough time to still organize a fall tour. I think i remember buying my Tension 2013 tickets like 6 months in advance!
    This post is a rollercoaster of emotion. "There's definitely a tour in 2017. Well, maybe not. Actually, probably not."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, i guess i unconvinced myself of my theory pretty quickly...but i still wouldn't be shocked if we got a tour started in fall 2017.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    "No plans to tour" =/= "No tour, period." SOON, YOU GUYS. I missed all this.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    The title is "ARG PATIENCE"
    I seriously hope that it's a concept album from the perspective of a pirate trying to instill good traits in the people he meets on his travels.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-10-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Check out Trent in the excellent The Defiant Ones beginning tonight at 9pm on @HBO. Scored by Atticus / Claudia / Leo.
    (tweet)

If that's what "next week" was about, I'm going to lol.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who remembers him saying that future live shows would probably not be full tours because he wanted his kids to have as close to as normal a life as possible?

with that said what I want to see is the album is called The Presence and these three EPs together make up YZ2 and after EP3 comes out he will be doing a YZ themed tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    (tweet)

If that's what "next week" was about, I'm going to lol.
    I wouldn't even be angry, that's how funny that would be!

That said, we know Atticus, but who's Claudia and Leo?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perterje View Post
    That said, we know Atticus, but who's Claudia and Leo?
    We know them, but who are you ?