Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2239

Thread: Sandbag Watch - NIN and Sandbag part. Livenation picks up the pieces.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    We need to figure out what warlock Reznor crossed and the curse they put on his webstore in the hopes that we might break it
    There is a Skinny Puppy/Worlock/Dig It joke in there somewhere, I know it...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ordered NTAE, TDS, TF, broken, Deviations

So far received Deviations, Broken, and NTAE, all separately, for some reason. Only deviations was damaged

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    This is not accurate. Priority Mail is significantly more expensive than Media Mail. A 2 pound package at commercial rates would cost $6-10 for Priority Mail and $3.12 for Media Mail, and the disparity just gets greater the heavier you go. Although Media Mail gets lowest priority, it usually makes it to most destinations within the continental US in about 7-10 days. There should still, however, be an acceptance scan when it enters the system, regardless of how long it sits at any particular facility.
    This. “Preshipment info has been sent to the USPS” means all sandbag has done is create a shipping label and electronically sent a tracking number to the USPS. If the USPS was in possession of it there would be an acceptance scan. It’s possible for them to miss a scan occasionally, but I alone have 3 orders in this status still 15 FUCKING DAYS after getting the tracking number. My 4th order stayed in preshipment status for 9 days then started tracking from Texas. I’d bet money that any order in this status is sitting on a pallet in Sandbag’s warehouse yet.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Okay, well the guy at the USPS who called me today, to whom my help-desk ticket from yesterday was elevated to, indicated otherwise. He stated that in most cases, with large volume mailing, they have priority mail options that are on par with the pricing of Media Mail.

I'm inclined to believe the dude whose job is literally to deal with stuff like this, though I guess the post office could have been lying. I don't really see the incentive on his part to lie about that though. Perhaps he just had some weird axe to grind with the entire concept of Media Mail itself?
    He’s wrong. I’ve worked directly with the USPS for a decade. You can calculate this on USPS.com...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    So, because I'm a stupid asshole idiot and I wanted shit that isn't available anywhere else, I used some of my birthday money to pick up TDS and NTAE and round out the vinyl from this batch (I already have Deviations, Broken, and The Fragile). I also threw in that jack keychain because why not?

Today I got a shipping notice that "the last of my orders" (the keychain) had shipped out through DHL. I think I remember someone else placing an order like this - did you get all three items in one box, or am I literally just going to have a keychain show up in two days?

This one is 100% self-inflicted and I can own up to that, but I'm still going to be really annoyed if I have to jump into support ticket hell.
    You're gonna get a keychain in a small bubble wrap envelope and nothing else. I'm still waiting for word on the t-shirt and PC I ordered along with mine.

On tbe other hand, I got all 3 reissues from my post office today, and I'm pleased as punch to report that they're all in great shape barring the usual Broken sleeve issue. I'ĺl need to re-glue that.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Anyone get that sticker pack? What was the 4th sticker?
    Nope. I ordered 2. I got two individual emails telling me they were shipped. 3 days later I got 2 subsequent emails telling me they’ve had “delays in production” (same delay email for the journal for the record). I ordered the 2nd pack after the image changed on the 4th sticker with hopes of getting both variations. Now that they’re delayed I’m sure they’re just going to grab 2 at random whenever they actually have them available. Fml.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    So, because I'm a stupid asshole idiot and I wanted shit that isn't available anywhere else, I used some of my birthday money to pick up TDS and NTAE and round out the vinyl from this batch (I already have Deviations, Broken, and The Fragile). I also threw in that jack keychain because why not?

Today I got a shipping notice that "the last of my orders" (the keychain) had shipped out through DHL. I think I remember someone else placing an order like this - did you get all three items in one box, or am I literally just going to have a keychain show up in two days?

This one is 100% self-inflicted and I can own up to that, but I'm still going to be really annoyed if I have to jump into support ticket hell.
    If it helps here's my experience with 2 separate orders placed recently:

1st order I got the AV PC and 1 regular shirt. I got a shipping notice same as yours for just the reg shirt via FedEx. Messaged them about it and told the AV PC was being shipped 1st class with no tracking. I got the shirt separately and the AV PC in the regular mail like I was told.

the 2nd order I did the AV PC + shirt combo and 1 regular shirt and got the same shipping notice for the regular shirt via FedEx. This time I got the entire order via FedEx on the same day in 2 separate packages at the same time.

In other news, MY FUCKING VINYLS I ORDERED BACK IN DECEMBER 2016 are finally looking like they're en route to my actual address. My former neighbor called me up and was like "are you expecting 3 packages? there's been 3 of them sitting at your old doorstep for a few days" so they're fortunately able to send them to my actual address so I can put this past me.

In conclusion, this has been a strange shipping experience. In general the new orders being handled exclusively by Sandbag *appear* to be going smoother than the god awful 1st wave that Firebrand handed off. Still going to forego any future business until I see definite improvements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Man, the QC on these is bad. Shrink wrap causing bent corners, and now my copy of a Broken is coming apart; the glue is hardened and the sleeve don't stick together.

One could say it's broken.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    You're gonna get a keychain in a small bubble wrap envelope and nothing else. I'm still waiting for word on the t-shirt and PC I ordered along with mine.

On tbe other hand, I got all 3 reissues from my post office today, and I'm pleased as punch to report that they're all in great shape barring the usual Broken sleeve issue. I'ĺl need to re-glue that.
    That's what I was afraid of. I guess I'll put in a ticket and ask if my records are being shipped untracked (stupid). Also thanks @YouOftenForget .

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I got my package today which was a shirt, keychain, and the sticker pack but the stickers are missing. I'm a little pissed.
    I'm not astonished...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    He’s wrong. I’ve worked directly with the USPS for a decade. You can calculate this on USPS.com...

That's for a single package. It was mentioned numerous times that this was in reference to MASS MAILINGS which USPS does give substantial discounts for.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Nope. I ordered 2. I got two individual emails telling me they were shipped. 3 days later I got 2 subsequent emails telling me they’ve had “delays in production” (same delay email for the journal for the record). I ordered the 2nd pack after the image changed on the 4th sticker with hopes of getting both variations. Now that they’re delayed I’m sure they’re just going to grab 2 at random whenever they actually have them available. Fml.
    You're going to get a soggy coupon book from 1997. And you're going to like it.

Best Regards,

Kim from Sandbag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, my tracking number has finally moved out of 'pre-shipment.' It took it 8 days to make it to Jersey City, the 'Regional Origin Facility.' Also, "The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at our JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on August 23, 2017 at 10:47 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination." Not that I ever had an expected delivery date to begin with. Let's see how much longer it takes to make it to Birmingham. I'm just happy to see it has a pulse at this point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone's NTAE REALLY REALLY DUSTY? I know it was kind of intentional, I just had to wipe mine down. Black dust+vinyl record=bad time.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    That's for a single package. It was mentioned numerous times that this was in reference to MASS MAILINGS which USPS does give substantial discounts for.
    Yes, we're aware. He's still wrong. For Priority Mail, if you have enough volume, there's Commercial Plus pricing, which gives you about 10-15% off of Retail. If you're as big as Amazon, you might be able to negotiate special rate contract at about 20% discount. Or you might be able to get cubic pricing, again, if you have enough volume, which may or may not help. There are no Destination Entry Discounts or Presort for that class of mail. There is nothing that will allow it to approach the price level of Media Mail. Especially as the weight continues to increase, the pricing disparity becomes much larger. For example, at 10 pounds, even with the best discounts, Priority Mail is about 5x as much as Media Mail.

You can read all about it in the DMM or the Price List:
    https://pe.usps.com/Downloads/DMMIMMQSG
    https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c143

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Wut?! You just further proved MY point, homeslice. The original misinformation that @GentlemanLoser received was (emphasis added)...

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    BUT it was further explained to me that Sandbag had chosen to send everything Media Mail, which the USPS guy said isn't even cheaper than their priority mail offerings for mass mailing, and unlike priority mail which takes a few days to move, Media Mail can sit up to five weeks before moving from that origin facility. He indicated that it is literally the worst mailing option that they offer and he has no idea why a company would use it when there are options that are faster and more cost effective.
    As you can see from my screen shot (yes for a single package) Media Mail is about 1/3 the cost of Priority Mail. You are correct in saying that the USPS gives discounts for mass mailings (aka "bulk" or "presort" mailings), however Priority is not a class that they offer bulk discounts for... those are First Class, Marketing, Parcel Select, BPM, Library and Media Mail only. This means Media Mail would only get CHEAPER than Priority Mail, which would be further indication that what @GentlemanLoser was informed is wrong.

On that note though, Sandbag IS likely doing mass mailings which would explain the delay in tracking info and why Media Mail was chosen. The USPS requires a minimum of 300 pieces to qualify and I'm sure Sandbag has way more than that many outstanding orders. Sandbag is probably creating shipping labels, slapping them on our vinyl orders and palletizing them for weeks on end in order to get a better discount.
    Last edited by cheddamash; 08-23-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This. “Preshipment info has been sent to the USPS” means all sandbag has done is create a shipping label and electronically sent a tracking number to the USPS. If the USPS was in possession of it there would be an acceptance scan. It’s possible for them to miss a scan occasionally, but I alone have 3 orders in this status still 15 FUCKING DAYS after getting the tracking number. My 4th order stayed in preshipment status for 9 days then started tracking from Texas. I’d bet money that any order in this status is sitting on a pallet in Sandbag’s warehouse yet.
    But as I said in the message TheBang was replying to, according to the USPS, Sandbag actually wasn't lying about there being a glitch. Somewhere around the 11th or 12th, USPS upgraded their tracking system and all of those acceptance scans didn't get into the tracking database. Once the package moves on and gets scanned at another facility, in theory, tracking will resume (though it sounds like in some cases, this also didn't happen, as there have been reports of the packages arriving at people's doorsteps and still being listed in pre-shipment). If the item is sitting at the origin facility, not moving (because Media Mail is ultra low priority), your item will appear to sit at pre-shipment.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I guess we’re all just speculating at this point. In all of my years working with the post office and personally receiving several items weekly, I’ve never seen a package sit any where near this long without a scan. Even if the acceptance scan was missed another scan should have been made for sure within a couple days. I’m on day 15 without any sign of movement and I’ve never had a media mail package take that long to deliver in the first place. If an acceptance scan was missed we’d see the next scan at some point between the origin and destination. I bet any day now we’ll all start seeing tracking originate from PA, where Sandbag is located (when they finally drop off the 10 pallets of our vinyl orders at the post office). I certainly don’t know for sure, but given how terrible Sandbag is I’m assuming some shady shit is happening.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Wooo my vinyls have successfully made that epic 10 day journey from Pennsylvania to New Jersey. Now just have to wait another week for them to get to New York...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Aaaalright. Yesterday I recieved TDS, today I recieved TF+NTAE. The packaging wasn't particularly great but luckily there weren't any damaged corners. Ordered from UK.

Now I'm just waiting for that motherfucking physical component and Broken.

Oh, and I still haven't recieved any emails or responses. I never knew those things were being shipped out to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    After 10 days in Pre-Shipment, my provided tracking number actually shows activity. Like what the actual fuck?

They should just rename their company to "Teabag, Inc."...because that's how I feel treated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Mine hit pre-shipment on 8/17 and this morning tracking updated with expected delivery of 8/28, so there is still hope for those of you that have the pre-shipment email with no other notifications that something will update soon. I'm just sorry I've wasted so much time keeping an eye out on my porch for $200 worth of vinyl so it doesn't sit in the August heat in GA for too long. I'm half afraid of what condition they will be in after TF1 and the replacement sleeve I got (still damaged). Best of luck to those of you still waiting on these. As a 23 year hardcore fan, this has been an unnecessarily arduous process for something all of us love so much and want to contribute to by purchasing direct.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Got an email saying the journal shipped. Last of my recent orders. I love journals. I hope it's in good shape.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrudolph View Post
    Mine hit pre-shipment on 8/17 and this morning tracking updated with expected delivery of 8/28...
    Can I ask where the first scan was done?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post
    After 10 days in Pre-Shipment, my provided tracking number actually shows activity. Like what the actual fuck?

They should just rename their company to "Teabag, Inc."...because that's how I feel treated.
    I like Teabag. I'm also a fan of Sandbad and Shitbag.

Thoughts anyone?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can I ask where the first scan was done?
    After the pre-shipment on (correction) 8/15, the next scan was on 8/23 FOLCROFT, PA 19032 - Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The Sandbag Explorers of 2017 have trekked my December order from Pennsylvania to New Jersey in 9 days time and will now use some sort of magic to transport it to me this coming Tuesday.

We'll see what arrives.

Also, USPS has royally fucked up the deliver of my AV PC and tee and have been sitting on it since last Friday with a scheduled redelivery of August 22nd.

Today is the 24th.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Has anyone from Canada received their physical component for AV yet? I got the e-mail that it was shipping about 2-3 weeks ago... still nothing.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrudolph View Post
    After the pre-shipment on (correction) 8/15, the next scan was on 8/23 FOLCROFT, PA 19032 - Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    Here's the address because why not:

Sandbag c/o Ascendia USA
    701C Ashland Ave.
    Folcroft, PA 19032-2025

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My order sat since the 12, and was only given to the post office yesterday. these guys SUCK!