Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
I was watching a fairly intense sadism/masochism scene (link obviously nsfw) that had a lot of lovely, carefully done, thuddy punches (vs. literally punching someone with intent to harm, fucking christ) -- and the commenters below the video were like "the punching is over the line " -- really, and y'all think nothing of someone being way-less-thoughtfully slapped. Humans are dumb.
People get very weirded out by punching/hitting/kicking and stuff. My partner now will literally beat me until I am bleeding everywhere, and nobody bats an eye. But about a year and a half ago, I did a pretty hard rough body play & blood choking scene at a party, and people were losing their fucking minds. A GIRL WAS CRYING. Two people interrupted us, so then my friends kinda like set up a perimeter around us so people would leave us alone. I DO understand how a lot of things at parties could be triggering for people. But it's just interesting to note the different reactions to different types of play. Like, me having open wounds and bleeding is probably a lot more risky than someone who has a pretty extensive martial arts background punching and kicking me.