Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN store June 2017 reboot (Sandbag)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ike_krull View Post
    There is an entry on the FAQ about account details:

http://nin-helpdesk.sandbaguk.com/su...count-details-
    Can't log in with my Firebrand account details.
    Modified on: Mon, 5 Jun, 2017 at 8:45 PM
    This store is a completely new store so does not have any of your order history. You'll need to set up a new account in this store

I'm worried, what happens to my order details if i have to create a new account?
    You're safe but you do have to re-register under the new store.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I needed this news today! Thanks Trent! Now time for endless speculation....

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    OMFG Quake vinyl finally yaaaaaas

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Take a look at the News page. Coming soon to the store:

███ ████████

...you fucking magnificent teasing bastards.

Three characters, eight characters. 'The' something?
    Yeah, I just tried to have my Mac read it out loud. Did not work. This set of black lines is the most exciting part of this day for me...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    You're safe but you do have to re-register under the new store.
    There doesn't appear to be a way to enter your address when creating a new account. I checked the FAQ and found something about changing your address. You have to submit a helpdesk ticket to change your address, I'm guessing you have to do the same thing to have your address added? Seems really odd that you can't update your own account details and have to submit a helpdesk ticket to get someone else to do it. Hopefully they enter our info right.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So with this Quake vinyl, we finally get to know what the actual song titles are

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Take a look at the News page. Coming soon to the store:

███ ████████

...you fucking magnificent teasing bastards.

Three characters, eight characters. 'The' something?
    Imp Ossiblep .... nah, that's not it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post

MORE INFORMATION ON THIS SHORTLY…

THANK YOU.
    TRENT

I'd wager that this was edited so it didn't include the word "soon."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    What if the blacked out title is just the title of the upcoming EP?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    What if the blacked out title is just the title of the upcoming EP?
    Maybe it's called... The Upcoming EP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It looks like Sandbag got their start with the digital release of Radiohead's "In Rainbows" way wack when. I remember that being a painless experience at a time when something like that was brand new, so that bodes well.

EDIT: I guess they actually started as the W.A.S.T.E. store, which pre-dated "In Rainbows." At any rate, I used them for pre-sale Radiohead tickets back then, and never had any problems in the realm of the Firebrand fiasco.
    Last edited by thatguymark; 06-05-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Trent for fuck's sake, I know you're old but why are you emailing in all caps

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ike_krull View Post
    There is an entry on the FAQ about account details:

http://nin-helpdesk.sandbaguk.com/su...count-details-
    Can't log in with my Firebrand account details.
    Modified on: Mon, 5 Jun, 2017 at 8:45 PM
    This store is a completely new store so does not have any of your order history. You'll need to set up a new account in this store

I'm worried, what happens to my order details if i have to create a new account?
    They have it, there was a post from somebody here saying they received an email that the new shipper dudes were extracting customer data from firebrands servers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Has to be.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm sure Trent has used Sandbag before: Dragon Tattoo soundtrack release

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I think it's pretty amazing that Trent is taking most of the accountability for this, when all he and his team did was try to make these vinyl packages the very best they can be. You can't fault someone who obviously cares about his fanbase and the quality of the products he is selling to them. I don't mind waiting another month and haven't minded the wait so far, despite whatever wisecracks I've made.

As far as Firebrand goes, I'm curious as to what pissed Trent off about them so much, if they had little to do with the design and manufacturing of the pre-orders. I know they screwed up the download thing at the beginning, and weren't the most expedient as far as getting back to inquiries, but they seem pretty blameless from the actual vinyl standpoint if they never even had these things to ship in the first place.

Seems like it's a case of obsessive quality control meeting a marketplace log-jammed by a trending commodity. It is what it is..
    Last edited by Prettybrokenspiral; 06-06-2017 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I think it's pretty amazing that Trent is taking most of the accountability for this, when all he and his team did was try to make these vinyl packages the very best they can be. You can't fault someone who obviously cares about his fanbase and the quality of the products he is selling to them. I don't mind waiting another month and haven't minded the wait so far, despite whatever wisecracks I've made.

As far as Firebrand goes, I'm curious as to what pissed Trent off about them so much, if they had little to do with the design and manufacturing of the pre-orders. I know they screwed up the download thing at the beginning, and weren't the most expedient as far as getting back to inquiries, but they seem pretty blameless from the actual vinyl standpoint if they never even had these things to ship in the first place.

Seems like it's a case of obsessive quality control meeting a marketplace log-jammed by a trending commodity. It is what it is..
    I don't think it's amazing at all. Who he hires and how they operate is a direct reflection on him. He should have nipped this in the bud sooner and communicated with his customers better, and he recognizes that. Good on him for saying it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I don't think it's amazing at all. Who he hires and how they operate is a direct reflection on him. He should have nipped this in the bud sooner and communicated with his customers better, and he recognizes that. Good on him for saying it.
    I don't think a contract like this is that easy to get out of. He has probably waited all year for them to fail miserably in enough ways for him to get out of it legally. Furthermore, a personal message and a 20% discount is more than most artists would have done.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Has anybody recieved the email yet, that has the NIN store discount? I'm waiting on mine with my credit card ready.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Has anybody recieved the email yet, that has the NIN store discount? I'm waiting on mine with my credit card ready.
    I haven't yet, but wouldn't you want to wait for wave 2 of DEs anyway?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I haven't yet, but wouldn't you want to wait for wave 2 of DEs anyway?
    I haven't bought everything yet and I was going to buy some more stuff once the store rebooted. Also I want that Prick vinyl before it sells out.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So what's our guess on whether Deviations will ship at the end of June if it's part of an order with other items in it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are the new vinyl releases such as Quake and Patriot Day going to include digital downloads too? There's no mention of digital files on anything but the first wave of vinyls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got a 20% code from NIN

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I just got my discount code emailed to me. So others should be getting them too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DISCOUNT CODE IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR PURCHASE OF NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS, THE FRAGILE: DEVIATIONS 1, AND THE DEFINITIVE EDITIONS OF THE FRAGILE, THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL AND BROKEN.

NEW MUSIC, REISSUES, MERCHANDISE AND MORE WILL BE APPEARING IN THE COMING MONTHS SO KEEP THIS CODE SAFE.

YOUR CODE IS VALID FOR UP TO 1 YEAR.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.
    Nice that it is good for a year. Hopefully that means I can stock up on a whole bunch of new stuff all at once. Love to see new merch is coming. Can never have too much merch.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigcomedown View Post
    Are the new vinyl releases such as Quake and Patriot Day going to include digital downloads too? There's no mention of digital files on anything but the first wave of vinyls
    I'd be surprised if they didn't provide digital files with every release. They probably just haven't listed it yet as they're still getting the new store off the ground.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Got my code, too. I suppose I'll just wait and see what comes to the store, even if that means some things sell out in the meantime. :-/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    NEW MUSIC, REISSUES, MERCHANDISE AND MORE WILL BE APPEARING IN THE COMING MONTHS SO KEEP THIS CODE SAFE.
    As always I'm reading too much into it and getting incredibly excited when reading "and more".

Edit: Sorry, I mean "AND MORE".

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    So what's our guess on whether Deviations will ship at the end of June if it's part of an order with other items in it?
    it says on the FAQ help page

The vinyl is in production now.

The Fragile: Deviations 1 is due to ship at the end of June
    Not The Actual Events and the Definitive Editions of Broken, The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile vinyl will ship at the beginning of August.

If you ordered The Fragile: Deviations 1 alongside other items, don't worry, we will send this to you on its own and you won't have to wait for the other items to be in stock.