Didn't see a thread for this or a general HBO one, for that matter

Did anyone watch this when it was on? It was that first-of-its-kind prison drama series that started in 1997 on HBO, before the Sopranos paved the way for cable dramas in the 2000s

I just started in on the third season and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite all-time series, right up there with The Shield and Breaking Bad. The storylines are some of the most dense I've seen since Deadwood, and the character development has been fascinating. Harold Perrineau (the guy who played Mercutio in the '96 Romeo + Juliet remake) is outstanding as the paraplegic narrator dude, and others like Ryan O'Reilly, Simon Adabesi, Kenny Wangler, Miguel Alvarez and the character played by the main agent guy from CSI are equally as amazing. I literally can't wait to see what happens next each week when I watch this.

I hear all sorts of unbelievable shit starts happening in the fourth season, which is twice as long as all the other seasons? It's crazy how literally nobody is safe on this show. I almost fear getting too attached to some of them..

Fucking top-notch shit, so far. Highly recommended!