Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    yeah... given that we were talking about Ross Ulbricht earlier, apparently that's how they got him... they had two undercover agents pretend to be a quarreling couple having a huge fight, and when he was sufficiently distracted by the side show, another agent ran in and stuck a USB device into his laptop.

Is anyone following this?

Maybe the dots don't connect... Maybe it's all coincidence... A lawyer due to testify today to argue to continue investigation of a murdered Russian whistleblower was allegedly thrown out of the fourth floor of an apartment building yesterday. He's in critical condition. The Kremlin has said he fell in an accident while trying to help some workers winch up a bathtub installation.

He was also a key witness in a case involving Russian money laundering, regarding a company called Prevezon Holdings... and the US attorney handling "the Prevezon affair" was... Preet Bharara.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But anyway, you should use full disk encryption (File Vault, etc)
    FYI: if you use Dropbox (especially for business), DO NOT initiate File Vault. It makes Dropbox useless. It will cost you A WHOLE DAY to fix (re-download the entire Dropbox library, in my case about 10 gigs of shared data), later. Trust me. But, I would NEVER EVER leave my laptop in a hotel room, or check it.

Edit: HAHAHA HAVE FUN IN PRISON, ASSWIPE.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-23-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ell Oh Fucking Ell...

Well, if there's one thing conservative horse-kickers are good at it's hypocrisy.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    But, I would NEVER EVER leave my laptop in a hotel room, or check it.
    Whoops.

Sent from my laptop, which lives at the hotel while I'm at work.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Whoops.

common thing most people don't even know they have or have access to sensitive information even low level security audit, we do an "office walk trough"find a ton of stuff key cards on desks, unlocked computer with full net access doc's on the copier, one very old trick was to get an interview with your target company company during the interview ask to use the bathroom and go wild, grab key cards install thumb drives all kind of mischief, mostly it's about education
    -louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Whoops.

Do you at least HIDE it under clothes or something, so it's not attractive to housekeeping or hotel maintenance? All hotels make it pretty clear, "not responsible for lost or stolen items." ONE time I had to leave something of some value and I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door, so they'd think I was in there sleeping.