Page 89 of 147 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Agreed @Louie_Cypher, we need to realize that we need to extend a life-line to the conservatives who got sucked into this whirlpool.

We don't hate you... not yet. Just realize this is fucked. Please. We're friends for a moment, and then we can get back to our regularly scheduled opposition. This isn't normal, this isn't right, this is fucked.

EDIT: Oh my god... I just looked at the Trump twitter feed... I almost wish I was in a state where I could find people who defend this shit and then beat the living shit out of them. Do I have to take a 6 hour road trip north?

When do we reach a point where everyone admits "this is insane, let's stop this?"
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-30-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Agreed @Louie_Cypher , we need to realize that we need to extend a life-line to the conservatives who got sucked into this whirlpool.

We don't hate you... not yet. Just realize this is fucked. Please. We're friends for a moment, and then we can get back to our regularly scheduled opposition. This isn't normal, this isn't right, this is fucked.
    I also agree, I try and listen honestly listen receive and review facts and form an objective as possible opinion bassed on that some one once told me the mind is like a parachute, it works much better when it's open, that being said i've lost people close to me through gun violence, so that may cloud my perception of guns, it sounds like s.a.t.p. is a responsible gun owner and I'm OK with that, I wish we lived in a world where we didn't feel the need for guns or bigger sticks, look I've also lost a lot of fiends to Cancer, does than mean I'm OK with responsible Cancer, No,I am not OK with death especially if it can be avoided, you can call me a tree huger, snowflake, lefty, liberal, cuck, so on so on. but you'll have to be more creative, because I hear all those on a regular basis, I may not be right, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong and willing to listen to you if your opinion, if you can present it a rational civilized manor
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 06-30-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: what are words for?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    but you'll have to be more creative, because I hear all those on a regular basis,
    Yes... so let's get fucking creative! Let's turn this into something powerful. I'm not some foolish idealist, and I'm not the drunk I used to be.

There's so much fodder right right. Let's be creative with it. Let's make some great art.
    without that we're kind of powerless... and I never pretended to be a politician.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Colin Powell said, "You break it, you own it."

If the Republicans fuck up health insurance, they will own that for a long time. Their new HC plan won't even go into affect until 2020. By that time, we could have a new team.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-01-2017 at 05:11 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    they own everything right now... I'm gonna sit here, eating my artisanal cheese while I worship satan. Like a good Californian.

Soon enough, the adults will take control.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

I would say "holy shit," but then I sip my covfefe and remember that nothing's real anymore, and this administration has some weird get out of jail free card from the republicans

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Trump's thoughts on Space, dumbfounding Buzz Aldrin:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d4d3d665932c

It just keeps getting better!!! LOL LOL

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Honestly... It's not amusing me anymore at this point. There is something seriously fucking wrong with this guy.

Also, while I cannot claim to know what was going through Buzz's head there, it does seem like he's not entirely in control of his facial expressions. Some things that look like shock land in response to comments that are pretty banal.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-01-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I have now been added twice to some "groups" on Twitter that define me as some anti-American person... one of whom runs a shop that sells colorful ties, the other some dude who makes bumper stickers w/ gun-toating pandas on them.

Have I mentioned that I hate Twitter?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Honestly... It's not amusing me anymore at this point. There is something seriously fucking wrong with this guy.

Also, while I cannot claim to know what was going through Buzz's head there, it does seem like he's not entirely in control of his facial expressions. Some things that look like shock land in response to comments that are pretty banal.
    Trump's digression into some weird tangent about the importance of "security" in space is what caused Buzz's WTF facial expression.

Security in SPACE? What, are we supposed to think there are ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS and DANGEROUS ILLEGAL ALIENS (in this case, ALIENS in the "ET" sense) in SPACE??

https://www.themarysue.com/trumps-re...space-council/

"Our travels beyond the Earth propel scientific discoveries that improve our lives in countless ways here, right here, at home, powering vast new industry, spurring incredible new technology, and providing the space security we need to protect the American people. And security is going to be a very big factor with respect to space and space exploration. At some point in the future, we’re going to look back and say how did we do it without space?”

Aw, gee, man, I dunno! Here, hit this bong ... what was first? Security? Or space? Oh, WOW, man.

Seriously, though, is this moron talking about something like StarWars and SDI? Because Reagan already went there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stra...nse_Initiative

I laughed at GW Bush, too (I have a hilarious "Bushisms" book) but Trump is making W seem like fucking Neil deGrasse Tyson.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-02-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Trump's digression into some weird tangent about the importance of "security" in space is what caused Buzz's WTF facial expression.

Security in SPACE? What, are we supposed to think there are ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS and DANGEROUS ILLEGAL ALIENS (in this case, ALIENS in the "ET" sense) in SPACE
    Obviously you know where I land on this... I think Trump is a fucking joke.

I'd hope Buzz Aldrin agrees. His face is oscillating pretty intensely there. I know some older people (whom I love, don't get me wrong) who react in similar ways while listening to people talk and knowing that they're being watched. You know it, you lose your poker face at a certain point.

I think this might be reading into tea leaves. It can be selectively hilarious, but I don't think it's what it seems to imply there... if Buzz weighs in though, I'd love to hear what he thinks.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    How a Presidency Ends:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...&utm_source=fb

It's worth noting Democrats held majority in the House and Senate in 1974.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    He’ll tire of being perceived as a loser by nearly everyone except the sort of people he’d never let in the front door of Mar-a-Lago
    No, he won't. He'll spend four to eight years blaming Obama and the failing fake liberal media for anything and everything, then declare victory when he leaves office at the end of the term. I'm calling it right here, right now: 45. Will. Not. Resign.

Feel free to print that, keep it in your wallet, and pull it out if we ever cross paths at a concert. I'll buy you a beer if 45 resigns. But come on, you're all smart enough to know that his ego is way too big for that.

In regard to impeachment in general: I still don't know exactly how to feel about the idea of it. A Pence presidency would certainly be a disaster for basically everyone who isn't a heterosexual white male with a high income, but is that all that different from how things are now? *Maybe* there's a higher risk of him actually accomplishing things because he appears to be able to at least act like an adult, so maybe people would be less intently focused on the content of the messages. He'd most likely make the country less of an international embarrassment; at least outwardly. He could still fuck us all over with regard to health insurance and civil rights, but the world at large doesn't care a whole lot about that. They care more about a 71 year old with one of the highest offices in the world bullying people on Twitter like he's a drunk middle schooler.

I think a LOT of Democrats - and this is just a guess - largely want an impeachment for no other reason than to laugh at everyone who voted for Trump. The sting of losing the election (despite three million more votes) to an international laughing stock is admittedly high. I'd wager that a lot of people just want to see the smug smiles slapped off the faces of the morons who thought "yeah, this guy would be a great president". (Note: while I would take a small degree of pleasure in that regard, I'm fully aware of the fact that losing the current president from office would largely be symbolic and that little would change in terms of legislation and governance.)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    had dinner with a very good lawyer friend, yes I actually have friends, he is very intelligent, Republican, but willing to admit it, when I ask him, why he says, his profession, and upbringing, i find this to be, be true in both religion, and politics, we generally have a no pols rule, that kind of went out the window, when he dug into, his personal cellar, after a b&B, bottle and bowl, we agreed, to some ground rules, and would be OK, with his wife as ref, which worked out very well, got everyone involved,in deep honest discussion, which was cool, everyone agreed trumps tweets were a problem, felt obstruction was probably to harsh and maybe a new impediment of justice where you are reverse sequestered, which is media black out going out instead of in, anyways, great times lots of laughs, I find it great when you you can have fun intelligent conversations from differing points of view, his wife's birthday is coming up think of getting her a gavel, but don't know wear to begin. is there not a judge R' Us store?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    come on Twitter... Save the world and ban his Twitter account

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Trump's thoughts on Space, dumbfounding Buzz Aldrin:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d4d3d665932c

"That's it folks, I'm going back to the Moon; far away from this idiot".

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Welp, I can't believe a meme'd out video of Trump at Wrestlemania is now official nationally archived presidential material.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Welp, I can't believe a meme'd out video of Trump at Wrestlemania is now official nationally archived presidential material.
    You ain't seen nothing yet. We're only 5 months in. Potentially 91 more to go.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    You ain't seen nothing yet. We're only 5 months in. Potentially 91 more to go.
    Basically this, for four years.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Basically this, for four years.

Dems better get their shit together because it'll be 8 years of Trump.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Dems better get their shit together because it'll be 8 years of Trump.
    What exactly do you propose that "the Dems" do? The Republicans currently enjoy a Supermajority (Republican majority in the House + Senate = Congress + a Republican President). The Republican majority in the House is HUGE. How? REPUBLICAN VOTERS put them there. How? A HUGE number of Republican voters across the country, as well as redistributed district lines that favor Republicans. Also, no more Federal protection to enforce the Voters Right Act (per SCOTUS decision). Democrats can't "do" anything to swing voters from Republican to Democrat. In fact, many studies show the reverse happening (Democrat to Republican). The divide always comes down to: Guns, Religion, Abortion, Unregulated Capitalism, Taxes, and "Entitlement" programs.

Interesting thing now is Trump's team (led by Sessions) attempting to investigate voter fraud, primarily to bolster Trump's assertion that he won the popular vote.

Except the states are telling Sessions and those attempting to enforce voting records requests to go fuck themselves. Which is the beauty of the Republic and individual states having control of their elections. Voters are entitled to privacy.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1400...ts-gaslighting
    Last edited by allegro; 07-02-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    What exactly do you propose that "the Dems" do? The Republicans currently enjoy a Supermajority (Republican majority in the House + Senate = Congress + a Republican President). The Republican majority in the House is HUGE. How? REPUBLICAN VOTERS put them there. How? A HUGE number of Republican voters across the country, as well as redistributed district lines that favor Republicans. Also, no more Federal protection to enforce the Voters Right Act (per SCOTUS decision). Democrats can't "do" anything to swing voters from Republican to Democrat. In fact, many studies show the reverse happening (Democrat to Republican). The divide always comes down to: Guns, Religion, Abortion, Unregulated Capitalism, Taxes, and "Entitlement" programs.

Interesting thing now is Trump's team (led by Sessions) attempting to investigate voter fraud, primarily to bolster Trump's assertion that he won the popular vote.

Except the states are telling Sessions and those attempting to enforce voting records requests to go fuck themselves. Which is the beauty of the Republic and individual states having control of their elections. Voters are entitled to privacy.

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/1400...ts-gaslighting
    Finding stronger leadership. Reinventing themselves. They need new ways to get their message out.

What I meant is that they better find the right person to lead them in 2020.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Every time this fuckwad does something really stupid on social media. I feel like my IQ is dropping.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Finding stronger leadership. Reinventing themselves. They need new ways to get their message out.

What I meant is that they better find the right person to lead them in 2020.
    They also need to stop being assholes.

Yeah, Republicans treated Obama like shit for eight years. And yeah, the guy they elected is potentially mentally unfit, in a legitimate medical capacity, to hold office. But every time someone on the left starts talking about the Commander in Cheetos, every time they post a meme that makes fun of all 62 MILLION people who voted for Trump as being some sort of mentally challenged inbred KKK member, they're just digging their own grave. They're showing more and more people that they can be elitist, intolerant ass hats. And the downtrodden - the ones working 75 hours a week at minimum wage to scrape by, the ones working physically tolling jobs that take years off of their lives - will vote Republican (or not at all) if they feel like they're being ridiculed for not voting for whoever the left has offered up. It doesn't even matter to them that so many Republican efforts are actually working against them. The party's primary votership have a way of making them feel included and important. If you want them to vote for your side, stop ridiculing them.

There are so many legitimate reasons to loathe the Republican party, the things they're pushing for, and their methodology in doing so. But for fuck's sake, fighting fire with fire is only turning people against the left's extremely poor attempts to get a point across.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    voting fraud is another republican code word for voter suppression, usually the ones affected are minorities, been happening since Nixon, not to mention gerrymandering if you don't thing America is an oligarchy, I've got some Trump policies to sell you
    -Louie

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Regarding the recent antics on Twitter, it's funny that for all of his posturing playing the victim of Ted Turner, the thing that probably gets Vince McMahon the most coverage in years is having the CNN logo super-imposed over his face.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Regarding the recent antics on Twitter, it's funny that for all of his posturing playing the victim of Ted Turner, the thing that probably gets Vince McMahon the most coverage in years is having the CNN logo super-imposed over his face.
    And I'm sure Meekmahan is happy about this and wants to help his old buddy to the point that he'll even set up a match w/ someone as the president vs. someone from CNN live on Monday Night BORE....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    trying to figure out if we just ignore him and give him no attention, would that work or is he setting us up so outrage is the new norm. I wonder if he meets Putin,lifts sanctions, will the American public just sigh and go "Oh well either way the the beasties line comes to mind " put a quarter in your ass cuz you played yourself" either I keep hoping to wake up in the correct reality, any day now
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    These asshole Republicans are making me change my mind about Ronald Reagan.