Page 71 of 147 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    mike Flynn subpoena for documents manaford as well dirty don overstepped with the firing FBI this is not going to end well
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I have never heard the expression "laughing up their sleeves" is that an official "Trumpism"? second tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 05-11-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    so now it's a democratic excuse just because you say it over and over doesn't make it true that you weren't under FBI investigation your 3 year old mentality won't save you quick everyone, look over there!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I have never heard the expression "laughing up their sleeves" is that an official "Trumpism"? second tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    This expression actually exists; he didn't make it up. I know because we have an expression in French that has the same meaning (laughing secretly at someone) but that is entirely different: rire dans sa barbe ("to laugh in his beard).
    Last edited by marodi; 05-11-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    so now it's a democratic excuse just because you say it over and over doesn't make it true that you weren't under FBI investigation your 3 year old mentality won't save you quick everyone, look over there!
    -Louie
    You blame it on the democrats and say it over and over again and if anyone says anything to the contrary they yell "FAKE NEWS"!!!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    when can we start saying obstruction of justice http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009
    -Louie

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The Trump Administration

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    When does the next civil war start?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Really good article written by the neighbor of an old friend of mine, a Must Read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.aaa556c05cfc

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    So, I was reading the NIN Live 2017 thread speculation and it got fiery with Trump OT posts. @Sarah K posted this:

"Something has not yet negatively impacted my life, therefore, it is not an issue."
    I guess one thing I should point out is that I NEVER talk politics. I am not trying to offend anyone with this post. Merely, just trying to understand and gather more information with each day. I have always been interested in science and I know, it's my duty as a citizen to engage in who our leaders are. But politics never interested me because I find them confusing, not transparent, every political figure is leveraging/lobbying for something and I feel there is nothing but greed. I feel nothing that I do (small fish in the vast ocean) would really impact any legislation in office. So why would I try and do anything about it? But quotes like this make me sad... It makes me feel guilty for what color skin I was born with. I know that I have it better than many people because of this... Being a straight-white male. I wish I could fix all of this. But one thing I have always tried to do is just be a good person to every person that I meet in my life. Help people in any way I can, whether they like me or not. This is one of the reasons I love working in healthcare and helping patients too. Because this is something I can control to a certain degree. My parents really instilled in me that while on this earth, I am here to serve others, be polite, and treat others like I would like to be treated (I know, cliche, but it's the damn truth). I don't really care if you have blue, purple, green skin, or care about your sexual orientation. I wish everyone lived like this.

I didn't really start paying close attention to all of this until my, at the time, girlfriend, got immersed in the election. Just to paint a picture, she is Syrian American. She was really afraid about Trump for her family. Her interest, made me interested and it opened my eyes to how this will affect other people in America. But I wasn't losing sleep over it because of all the stuff I said above. I just try and be a good person to everyone. I am not going to lie, and please don't crucify me for this. But when this cat got elected, I was hoping that he was going to prove us all wrong. I am sorry to say it. It's in my nature to try and look for anything positive and give benefit of the doubt about anything. It's a sad trait that I have when I look at it. I didn't like either candidate for office. But, I would rather have had Hillary in office because of her experience already in government and knows how to run the show. In the end, my girlfriend and I broke up and this was one of the reasons because she said that "It should be of importance to me to know how awful this guy is and that I am not 'humanitarian' enough and I am privileged and I was only agreeing with her side instead of going out and educating myself" (which I was reading things on my own). It just gets tiring reading every single day on facebook, twitter, at work, everywhere about all this. All the hate fueled words. It's overwhelming.

Sorry for the TLDR. But just to say, this guy is the fucking worst and the American people who voted for this guy should be ashamed. He is truly taking this country back a century to any progress that was made. His antics and controversies he is involved in, blow my f'in mind and I can't believe that the old turds in the GOP felt like this guy would be the best dude to represent their party and our country.

Again, I am not trying to step on people's toes. This whole situation makes me sad and I just want people to know that even though nothing has impacted me yet (well it kinda did, cause I lost the love of my life), I am here on this earth to support my fellow (wo)man. <3

EDIT: I was never a Trump supporter. Just to point this out.
    Last edited by ninlive; 05-12-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Trump 2017: Year Zero

seriously guys. that man screams for impeachment. do him a favor. just one.

edit: i don't intend to insult anyone personally btw! just afraid US citizens are so confused/irritated/distracted by this current charade they don't realize how the very idea of the usa or even the usa itself has faded away irreversibly. the clock is definitely ticking.

and i am aware that the ets community is the wrong audience. but you are so forgiving. and i can leave my thoughts somewhere
    Last edited by baudolino; 05-12-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @ninlive and everybody else I want to make a quick clarification before anything gets out of hand. I was reading the NIN Live 2017 speculation thread, @Sarah K I believe she was quoting or para phrasing another member when she said "Something has not yet negatively impacted my life, therefore, it is not an issue."

I don't believe she feels that way because she also said this....

"You must not know very many people/women/immigrants/POC/people who had Obamacare/an endless list of other people.

The shit going on in the highest office of the land is straight out of a movie. It is literally unbelievable."

after another member had said....
    "Yeah, Trump's a dildo. However I don't know of anyone's daily life which drastically changed for better or worse since he took office."

and this is how
    this conversation started over there. I don't believe Sarah K needs me to defend her I have read her other post she is good at defending herself. @ninlive I agree with your post.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Right, sorry. Didn't mean to paraphrase. It was not a reply to sarah, just a general statement about that sentence that deeply saddens me because there (me) are a lot of people in this country who just love to help others regardless of age, gender, ethnicity. And just because I don't voice my opinion to the moon, I care in different ways. Just trying to be a good person to all because I know me, as one person, can't change policies.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    These political discussions can get out of hand, but I don't think there are too many Trump supporters after this week on this forum. If only the rest of the country could be like this forum.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I can't even. Just wow. He really is a new low for presidency.

For those who might not find this to be a laughing mater here is the actual tweet:
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...07411132649473

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    what did they talk about pussy grabbing?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Last edited by allegate; 05-12-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I can't even. Just wow. He really is a new low for presidency.

For those who might not find this to be a laughing mater here is the actual tweet:
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...07411132649473

Did... did he just openly and publicly threaten a private citizen?!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Yes. Yes he did... I imagine you are having the same exact thoughts I first had when I first read his tweet.
    He's tweets are detrimental to everything the U.S. Constitution stands for.
    It's just beyond me to make sense of this and it makes my head hurt when it is compounded with everything else he has done.
    It's like we are living in some asinine Twilight Zone episode .
    I need someone to snap me out of this shit.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    So, I was reading the NIN Live 2017 thread speculation and it got fiery with Trump OT posts.
    Just as a response / addition to your entire post (which I only clipped out for brevity's sake), here's one I've seen posted several times in the last couple months.

I want my friends to understand that "staying out of politics" or being "sick of politics" is privilege in action. Your privilege allows you to live a non-political existence. Your wealth, your race, your abilities or your gender allows you to live a life in which you likely will not be a target of bigotry, attacks, deportation, or genocide. You don't want to get political, you don't want to fight because your life and safety are not at stake.It is hard and exhausting to bring up issues of oppression (aka "get political").

The fighting is tiring. I get it. Self-care is essential. But if you find politics annoying and you just want everyone to be nice, please know that people are literally fighting for their lives and safety. You might not see it, but that's what privilege does
    '

I understand exactly what you mean. As someone of relative privilege, it can be hard to take the next step and actively resist instead of just feeling helpless and feeling bad for everyone who is more directly affected by the dumpster fire that is American politics. I don't know what I can say to encourage you to take a more active stand against the things you disagree with. But unless we all speak up, nothing will change.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I will say one good think about Trump...

He's a big Sinatra fan...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Really good article in NY Magazine:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...watergate.html

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Frankly, it's what you are describing that had a heavy hand in Trump getting elected.
    "See, THIS is why Trump won" is the new Macarena. Stop, please.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    "See, THIS is why Trump won" is the new Macarena. Stop, please.

Thank you. I have lost count of how many times I've seen people reply to LITERALLY ANYTHING with "that's what won Trump the election." Call someone out for lying and submit facts to back yourself up? That's why Trump won, you're being a show-boat. Tell someone to please consider the whole situation? Snowflakes with compassion are who won Trump the election with their bawwwing. You've come out of the closet? Identity politics!!! TRUMP WON! You ordered a pizza instead of cleaning out some of the leftovers in your fridge? THIS IS WHY TRUMP WON THIS IS WHY YOU WILL NEVER WIN!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    @allegro , I'd love to hear your take on this (since I know you're both intelligent and hesitant to jump to impeachment talks)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...515-story.html

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Oh come the fuck on

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...b69_story.html

At this point I'm honestly not convinced that in November The Onion and every major and minor news source didn't trade writing staffs for a while and that this is all a really, really fantastic joke

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    This dumb fucker.... how can anyone who had an issue with Hillary's email server NOT have a giant issue with this?
    I know that you and I are so incredibly at odds most of the time and in general never manage to get along but I've got to honestly give you a compliment here and thank you for being ideologically consistent about that kind of shit, because one of the most mind-numbing experiences I am having these days is watching as so many Trump lovers go around and defend these sorts of things that are so major and enormous when just six months ago they were chanting that Hillary should be locked up for her emails. If that was worthy of imprisonment to somebody then this should be a life-sentence situation and I really appreciate that somebody out there who was critical of that situation is also critical of this one.

I do think it goes to show just how little a lot of Trump fans ever really did care about that subject -- it was nothing for them but a way to justify their hate for someone they'd already hated for twenty-plus years and help their horse win the race. I've always been aware of the deep hypocrisy in American politics on all sides but it's never been more blatant, more obnoxious, more insidious, more childish and more flagrant in my lifetime than it is right now with every single Republican voter, governor, Senator and Congressman who acted the way they did about Hillary last year over supposed security concerns who are now dead-silent or outright defensive of this guy and his administrative fiasco.

Either Trump is so totally in bed with these guys that they should be married by now or he really is the dumbest president we've ever had (not that these things are mutually exclusive). To stand in a room with the Russian media present and foreign ambassadors and just gab and brag about classified intel -- how does anyone think "Hey, that's a good trick, let's try that"? I feel like I'm going insane when I see this shit and then see the response or lack-thereof that it gets from the GOP, even members who I used to not think were complete and total pieces of shit (in the past I had an extremely weird and confusing sort of respect for Rand Paul and Lindsey Graham among others and it couldn't be less existent now if it tried).

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    one of the most mind-numbing experiences I am having these days is watching as so many Trump lovers go around and defend these sorts of things that are so major and enormous when just six months ago they were chanting that Hillary should be locked up for her emails. If that was worthy of imprisonment to somebody then this should be a life-sentence situation and I really appreciate that somebody out there who was critical of that situation is also critical of this one.
    Here's the problem with that....

For almost anyone in government, discussing such matters with an adversary would be illegal. As president, Tiny Hands has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law.

Yes, he's an idiot. Yes, he's dangerous. Yes, he's probably Putin's cock holster. But as utterly and unequivocally moronic as this dimwitted blathering about extremely classified information is, there doesn't seem to be legal ground for chanting "lock him up".