Page 59 of 147 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i've been trying to wrap my head around how the Russian influenced the election but i have a pea brain and am apparently a "twat" then i saw this on Racheal yeah she kind of blew it with the twelve year old tax returns but watch this and it makes a Little more sense if you can remember back wrong link
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 03-22-2017 at 09:27 PM. Reason: wrong link

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    so what did the dnc hack give us
    The Podesta Emails which lead to the info-wars backed Pizza-gate which was hillary was a child sacrificing Illuminati ellet i find it all brilliant

-louie

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Watching Maddow obsess over "information warfare" is absolutely obnoxious when she knows this kind of thing exists everywhere. Hillary's campaign openly did it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correct_the_Record Hell, I am sure Maddow's marketing team uses similar techniques.
    And on that same token, everyone, everyone in politics is a fair-weather fan of hating dirty tricks. At the same time, the nature and source of tricks will differ, and that stuff matters. It's context, and if this is correct w/ regards to Russian collusion, Maddow has every right to call it out without being called a hypocrite, even if she endorses candidates who employ their own form of trickery, and even if her production team is guilty of it on a relative level.

That's the thing... You're drawing a broad equivalency. Rachel Maddow using automated social media bots (if true - this is hypothetical) is nowhere near the scandal that we'd be looking at with regards to the allegations she is making... in the same way that Bill Clinton lying under oath about a BJ is structurally a much bigger deal than the layperson lying to their spouse about infidelity (because of the added illegal component and the implications that play into his public position/duty).

You have a tendency to shift the goal posts while drawing an equivalence to the other side, and you're the stalwart reminder here that the democrats have flaws too. You've overblown this, I feel.

For instance... You were blasting democrats/liberals for harping endlessly and misrepresenting details about the Meals on Wheels thing, and trashing their stance... you accused them of taking an approach that was going to bite them in the ass in the future.

Then... a short while later, you were praising the reaction to that. You suddenly shifted gears, and were pointing to the fact that people were responding to this "hysteria" by giving charitable donations to Meals on Wheels, because that fit your libertarian narrative as an example of the way things should function without government assistance.

You are constantly simultaneously having and eating your cake.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-23-2017 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But anyway, you should use full disk encryption (File Vault, etc)
    FYI: if you use Dropbox (especially for business), DO NOT initiate File Vault. It makes Dropbox useless. It will cost you A WHOLE DAY to fix (re-download the entire Dropbox library, in my case about 10 gigs of shared data), later. Trust me. But, I would NEVER EVER leave my laptop in a hotel room, or check it.

Edit: HAHAHA HAVE FUN IN PRISON, ASSWIPE.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-23-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ell Oh Fucking Ell...

Well, if there's one thing conservative horse-kickers are good at it's hypocrisy.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    But, I would NEVER EVER leave my laptop in a hotel room, or check it.
    Whoops.

Sent from my laptop, which lives at the hotel while I'm at work.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Whoops.

common thing most people don't even know they have or have access to sensitive information even low level security audit, we do an "office walk trough"find a ton of stuff key cards on desks, unlocked computer with full net access doc's on the copier, one very old trick was to get an interview with your target company company during the interview ask to use the bathroom and go wild, grab key cards install thumb drives all kind of mischief, mostly it's about education
    -louie

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've left my laptop in a hotel room before... I don't like to do it, but I'll generally use the safe. At some point in life, you gotta take SOME risks, and I have all my data backed up repeatedly, and since I'm not doing anything illegal or crazy with my computer, the worst thing from it being stolen would be that I would need to go through my keychain on one of my other computers and change every single password...

At some point, you just gotta make the choice between living in constant paranoid fear or take a risk. I've been lucky so far...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    probablly the same fate for net neutrality
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've left my laptop in a hotel room before... I don't like to do it, but I'll generally use the safe. At some point in life, you gotta take SOME risks, and I have all my data backed up repeatedly, and since I'm not doing anything illegal or crazy with my computer, the worst thing from it being stolen would be that I would need to go through my keychain on one of my other computers and change every single password...

At some point, you just gotta make the choice between living in constant paranoid fear or take a risk. I've been lucky so far...
    I have client data on mine. A) my MacBook Pro is new and expensive and b) there's client data on there. The safe isn't usually big enough for my laptop. I either bring it with me or I leave it for safekeeping at the front desk. Risking data = bad. On vacations, I bring my iPad and Bluetooth keyboard which are small enough to fit in the safe.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I have client data on mine. A) my MacBook Pro is new and expensive and b) there's client data on there. The safe isn't usually big enough for my laptop. I either bring it with me or I leave it for safekeeping at the front desk. Risking data = bad. On vacations, I bring my iPad and Bluetooth keyboard which are small enough to fit in the safe.
    Makes sense... Although, I personally feel more at-risk of theft when I'm walking around with my laptop bag. I get super paranoid when I take it out to play a live show.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    2. raspberry pi's ssh in on my phone good to go
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 03-23-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Makes sense... Although, I personally feel more at-risk of theft when I'm walking around with my laptop bag. I get super paranoid when I take it out to play a live show.
    I don't use a laptop bag in public; I use my Northface backpack to carry my laptop. G uses the laptop bag to take his Macbook Pro to work, now, and that's just a matter of car-up-to-gated-control tower. I think the laptop bag is an advertisement, goes against my street smarts.

After reading THIS REPORT that was going around recently, I bought ONE OF THESE for me and my Mom and I'm considering taking Krav Maga classes.

NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-24-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Whoops.

Do you at least HIDE it under clothes or something, so it's not attractive to housekeeping or hotel maintenance? All hotels make it pretty clear, "not responsible for lost or stolen items." ONE time I had to leave something of some value and I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door, so they'd think I was in there sleeping.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Can someone please explain this travesty to me?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I don't use a laptop bag in public; I use my Northface backpack to carry my laptop. G uses the laptop bag to take his Macbook Pro to work, now, and that's just a matter of car-up-to-gated-control tower. I think the laptop bag is an advertisement, goes against my street smarts.

After reading THIS REPORT that was going around recently, I bought ONE OF THESE for me and my Mom and I'm considering taking Krav Maga classes.

NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER.
    The problem for me is after a show or a DJ set, it is pretty clear what I'm carrying... and given that the one attempted thief said "well, I wouldn't have done it, but three's the music in there that I wanted, and I made a bad choice, OK? I made a bad choice and I'm sorry. I made a mistake, I regret it, and I wish... I wish I didn't... Don't make me feel like a bad person" I now understand that there's an impulse in people that will justify the worst kind of theft.

There's a special place in hell for people who steal customized musical instruments. There's an even more special place in hell for people who want to "take" your musical laptop.

EDIT: Anyway, enough SUPER DRIFT
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-24-2017 at 04:59 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    How have we not yet gotten onto the story of the day: President tells congress that this is the only health care vote they'll get. Says they have to vote today, and if they vote it down, well then fuck you guys, I'm just not gonna touch healthcare again while I'm in office.

I mean...he seems utterly incapable of coming up with a good plan, so on one hand I'd be thrilled if the ACA stood as is until an intelligent human being was president. But on the other hand, the ACA isn't perfect either and there are people who aren't doing well under it, so I'd like to see effort put forward to improve upon it.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    How have we not yet gotten onto the story of the day: President tells congress that this is the only health care vote they'll get. Says they have to vote today, and if they vote it down, well then fuck you guys, I'm just not gonna touch healthcare again while I'm in office.

I mean...he seems utterly incapable of coming up with a good plan, so on one hand I'd be thrilled if the ACA stood as is until an intelligent human being was president. But on the other hand, the ACA isn't perfect either and there are people who aren't doing well under it, so I'd like to see effort put forward to improve upon it.
    I kinda love this! Yes, they had 7 years to come up with the replacement plan, and fu if you don't have your shit together.

Of course it's not why he does this. He knows that a shitty bill (shitty as in unpopular, he doesn't care that it hurts people) would stain him and he doesn't have the patience to dick with the details and negotiate.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    be rich or die republican motto, in other bullshit, keystone approved, basically taking Canada's waste, tar sands oil hard to process process burns dirty and is all around shitty, anyone ever ask if it's so valuable why isn't Canada refining it?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    be rich or die republican motto, in other bullshit, keystone approved, basically taking Canada's waste, tar sands oil hard to process process burns dirty and is all around shitty, anyone ever ask if it's so valuable why isn't Canada refining it?
    -Louie
    there's also say this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...03692bea55b42?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the health care bill just got pulled lmaooooo

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    What happens now?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    What happens now?
    if you rich like trump business as usual if not work for people like trump(will you bite the hand that feeds, will you get up off your knees?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    What happens now?
    The ACA remains in effect unless / until Congress passes something to replace it.

From here: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ryan-...ry?id=46346773

Ryan said they pulled the bill because they couldn't get enough "yes" votes for the bill to succeed on the floor. He said "I'm really proud of the bill we produced," but later in his speech called it a "fundamentally flawed" piece of legislation.

"Obamacare is the law of the land," Ryan said. "It's going to remain the law of the land until it's replaced... And, so, yeah, we're going to be living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future."
    Last edited by allegro; 03-24-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Aw wow Tricky Trump and his Merry Thieves:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/24/...ack-to-turkey/

On Friday, the Wall Street Journal reported that retired Gen. Michael Flynn, former National Security Advisor and head of a consulting firm that filed as a foreign agent representing the Turkish government, discussed removing controversial cleric Fethullah Gulen back to Turkey without going through the U.S. extradition process.

At a Sept. 2016 meeting in New York, Flynn reportedly met with top Turkish ministers as they discussed ways to move Gulen back to Turkey, according to ex-Central Intelligence Agency Director James Woolsey, and others who were at the meeting. According to Woolsey, the participants in the meeting talked of ways to spirit Gulen out of his Poconos Mountains retreat without going through the U.S. extraditions process.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-24-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Aw wow Tricky Trump and his Merry Thieves:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/24/...ack-to-turkey/
    he was on turkey's payroll retro filed as a foreign agent this was our NSA, funny said he was let go, because he lied to pence, but they were told about the Russian connection two weeks earlier,Lucy you got some splaining to do!
    -louie