Page 48 of 147 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Because "we won" is stronger than "that's morally not right".

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    this is his supporters answer to all his bullshit but-but we won, which even he questions screaming about sources where were your sources, for all that birther shit you talked, where are your tax returns?
    -louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Abortions for some, tiny Trump flags for others.

A political prankster passed out small Russian flags emblazoned with President Trump’s name at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference — where Trump supporters blindly waved the banners during his Friday morning speech until they were confiscated, according to online reports.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That's...does that kind of read to anyone else that the Trump administration has taken our country away?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The media banning thing; doesn't it go against the First Amendment?

I'm Canadian, remember. I'm still stunned that a man like Trump became President.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    The media banning thing; doesn't it go against the First Amendment?

I'm Canadian, remember. I'm still stunned that a man like Trump became President.
    I could be totally wrong here (I very likely am), but I think that the right to a free press simply means that the press can say whatever the hell they wanted and the government can't take legal action against them. I don't believe it guarantees the press access to anything (such as Spicey's "gaggle" or whatever bullshit that was today). If that sort of rule exists, I would imagine it was legislation passed at a later time.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    everyone needs to watch this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_(film)
    you may think marijuana laws were getting better guess again
    -louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    with all the chaos going on they are quietly taking away your freedom away trump just rescinded an Obama law restricting tax dollars DOJ going to private prisons guess what for-profit prisons need? Prisoners guess what fascist regime do imprison political opponents, if you're a felon you can't vote can't own a gun, good luck getting a job ask pussy riot they know how it works
    god help me sounding like Alex jones
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    it's like religion when something good happens it's God's hand when it's bad it's evil or the devil's influence, all hail the wondrous and almighty trump
    -Louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tom Perez is awarded the position of chairman of DNC via votes from status quo lobbyists who act as though corporations need their feelings protected from being vilified and that we lost the election because we weren't central enough... in contrast to the Republicans who won riding on the back of a man who represents some of worst neo-fascist tendencies the conservative platform has to offer.

Oh, and they also voted against a ban on corporate donations because Hillary didn't get nearly enough fundraising to win the election and why win elections when you can be a lapdog shill and be given every financial advantage in the private sector regardless of who is in the White House? Here's to hoping the country still exists after Trump leaves office in 2025.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    several Syrian's who are nominated can't attend oscar's
    Louie

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    Tom Perez is awarded the position of chairman of DNC via votes from status quo lobbyists who act as though corporations need their feelings protected from being vilified and that we lost the election because we weren't central enough... in contrast to the Republicans who won riding on the back of a man who represents some of worst neo-fascist tendencies the conservative platform has to offer.

Oh, and they also voted against a ban on corporate donations because Hillary didn't get nearly enough fundraising to win the election and why win elections when you can be a lapdog shill and be given every financial advantage in the private sector regardless of who is in the White House? Here's to hoping the country still exists after Trump leaves office in 2025.
    Yeah the DNC still looks clueless.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If George Carlin were alive today, he could do this same exact bit almost word-for-word and it would ring truer today than it did when this was originally recorded.

Last edited by Aladdinsanity; 02-25-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    And in a move that surprises approximately zero people, 45 announces that he's too thin skinned to attend the annual correspondents' dinner.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Maybe because I don't think that there's anything wrong with being Muslim, to me these are not scary numbers...

Being Muslim doesn't mean you didn't integrate into a culture. My wife is a nurse, and the hospital she works at has 40% Muslim doctors. They're people, just like anyone else. Some are fantastic, some are not. My favorite ice cream shop is owned/run by a Muslim family. Wearing a hijab doesn't mean that you didn't learn the local culture. It's fine. The ladies behind the counter make the ice cream with a hijab on. So what? They're just as American as the white people buying their ice cream.
    Hey man...the Major of my city is a Muslim...my city has 15 Million people....his name is Sadiq Kahn ...he is a wonderful guy..he has a strong chance of being the next Prime minister of the UK...

He tolerates no radical islamic bullshit and is progressive....

Its not about blaming muslims...but if you want to live in the real world..you will admit like Sadiq Kahn would that there is a major problem in the islamic world....80 Percent of all terror attacks in 2016 were islamic related in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Nigeria..
    Last edited by Exocet; 02-25-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    incompetent man-child idiot
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    80 Percent of all terror attacks in 2016 were islamic related in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Nigeria..
    And look what's going on, there.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    This makes me glad I've always avoided doing any of those personality tests on Facebook. Really Facebook and Google should do something about this, they're the only ones who can

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    @allegro super OT but I take back the potential for decent tech cred I gave McAfee. I had a back and for with him over the last few days that started online. I ended up just trolling because of how silly it was. The dude mistook some RFID tags on his hotel towels and pillow cases for microphones. He stuck to it after I pointed out how insane he was being. It was hilarious but also disappointing.

He would still make for a better president than the others in this cycle though
    What fucking fancy hotel was he in where they RFIDd the fucking pillow cases and towels?? Holy shit. Those are some valuable towels.

Yes he has been overly paranoid for a long time and he's too full of himself to be truly any better than Trump. He might be a good advisor once in a while as to cyber security but that's about it. He's cute but that is not an electable quality. And cute + nuts = nah.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Sweden newly confused by the person appearing on Fox as "Swedish Security Advisor," since nobody in their government knows who he is... because apparently he's been living in the US since 1994 and has no position in the Swedish government...

Countdown till Trump tweets about all the fascinating stuff he said on Fox...

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...r-crime-debate

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    This makes me glad I've always avoided doing any of those personality tests on Facebook. Really Facebook and Google should do something about this, they're the only ones who can
    Tracking via Facebook is why I HATE Facebook.

That article is interesting. Not too long ago, I Googled some shit about Obama that was appearing in Instagram comments, something I'd never seen, and I wanted to see if it had any validity. The search resulted in PAGES AND PAGES of right wing sources going on about this allegation, none of them very recognizable or credible, with not ONE main stream media source and no centrist to liberal sources. None. I thought at least one would address these allegations and I sincerely doubt it's a liberal coverup. These right wing sources are clearly taking advantage of Google search algorithms which are no longer solely dependent on keywords.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That was actually he point being that it was some hotel in Romania. Thing is, at most, it's for keep a general account of theft. But more often it's for sorting laundry when it all gets shipped off to a service where multiple companies send their stuff.
    But why did they need RFID? That's overkill for laundry. RFID is like laundry LOJACK. "We located our stolen wash cloth in a cottage near the mountains. Alert the authorities!!" Most hotels just allow for loss or they charge guests or the laundry service for big missing items. Theft is why the Four Seasons doesn't put their name or logo on valuable room items. Tracking them by radio frequency is stupid, but I digress.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-26-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    google - The open of this article was dumb. The author went to search for something and was offended that google gave them exactly what they were looking for. Google isn't your phone's autocomplete text. It's not telling you what to think. Yet, that's what the opening of this article implies and acts like the results are a problem. Google is trying to give you exactly what you are looking for. It uses info about what other people have been looking for and HOW they have been looking for it. It looks at the exact phrases being used and so many other factors. And it's constantly changing. And who the fuck would go to google and start off with "the mainstream media is..." and hope to learn about how super cool awesome responsible and important the MAINSTREAM MEDIA is? How many people seriously are searching like that? lol
    I don't know what the hell you're talking about, because you keep contradicting yourself. "Google isn't your phone's autocorrect" - but also "google is trying to give you exactly what you are looking for".

Pick one.

If I were to type in "[x] is..." in a search engine, I would be doing so because I am looking for a objective information, perhaps a definition, of [x]. I'm looking for facts first, so that I may then form my own opinion. I'm not looking for someone else's opinion first. I get that the results will include comments about the subjective status of [x], but not as the top result. To clarify:

If I type in "mainstream media is..." I want to be told WHAT it is, objectively. I want to be told that "mainstream media" is a phrase for longstanding, established news outlets that have been in existence for decades. I want to be told that these are outlets that are staffed by people who studied at journalism school. I want to be told that they rely on a set of established criteria, such as multiple sources, before deciding something is fit to publish. I want to be told that they actively seek to set aside personal bias, to the best of their ability, and report on ALL sides of a story. I want to be told that they do not have mission statements that include "exposing the left / right bias of other so-called news".

But that's not what Google did. When he typed in "mainstream media is...", Google took the liberty of saying it is dead. It is dying. It is fake. It is fake news. That's all that it told him.

THAT IS NOT AN OBJECTIVE SEARCH.

Does it reflect what many people are currently talking about? Yes, it does. But that's all speculation. It's subjective. It's people's opinions. When I go to the single largest reference desk on the fucking planet, I want the top results to my searches to be pure, objective facts that match my search criteria - not a computer's guess or opinion. If I walked into the library tomorrow and asked the reference librarian where to find maps of local hiking trails, I would expect him / her to tell me where those maps are. I would not expect the reply to be "the hiking around here is terrible". I would expect the information I requested. After looking at the maps I was provided, I might then go back and ask them for their opinion of the local trails. But that's only after I've looked at the objective information I asked for.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    look up three gods logic
    -louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    items 1, 2, 3, and 4: http://blog.atlasrfidstore.com/what-...ry-tracking-do
    it's a big business now and it cuts down on a lot of the operational cost of even basic things like computer-based laundry sorting when you are laundering huge amounts every single day and would otherwise have to employ multiple people to do that and this is a run-on sentence.
    Wow thanks, that article is REALLY interesting! It seems like it would be expensive, though; like maybe too expensive for nursing homes (which are NOTORIOUSLY TERRIBLE AT DOING AND SORTING HOUSE AND PATIENT LAUNDRY).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't think any mainstream media sources are actually unbiased either. Newspapers like the Daily Mail are mainstream and laughably biased towards a certain demographic. To that end, why did Trump ban the Daily Mail from his White House thing, home of Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins i'd say it was on message