Page 125 of 147 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    It's great seeing the reaction from the NFL teams today. We've got COACHES and OWNERS locking arms with players on the field, and whole teams just staying in the locker room.

Trump is now calling for a boycott. Good luck with that shit. The NFL is pretty much our national religion.
    i like the fact that both the NFL and the NBA gave him the finger om the same day
    -Louie

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Someone playing for the Pirates was the first to do it in baseball today too.

I just read that the head of NASCAR said any owner or driver who does this will be fired.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Someone playing for the Pirates was the first to do it in baseball today too.

I just read that the head of NASCAR said any owner or driver who does this will be fired.
    this is my total lack of surprise....
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    this is my total lack of surprise....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    insuring there is no shortage of stupidity in America, i saw a commercial, that said , "we scan the dark web to protect your" identity", which is a slightly less bullshit statement than "make America great again" now my head hurts
    -Louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

So Mr. Fake News is fake news?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Trump calls for boycott of NASCAR and Red State support plummets.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Grumpypuss is trying to shout over the protesters and claim this is about something other than race.

Did anyone ask Kaepernick why he took a knee? Or when he speaks his mind is that just fake news?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I'm enjoying that racial equality issues are at the forefront of football. It makes the football people so uncomfortable. This issue kinda was over, right? It happened last year and Kapernick isn't even on an NFL team this year. Trump pulled this almost out of nowhere and it totally worked. The healthcare stuff and jared's emails aren't getting the same airtime as the NFL stuff. Smooth move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Let's not forget that a few more countries just made the list of travel restrictions including Venezuela which upsets my parents since they have a close friend (my godfather) whom they do business with. My mother is pissed at the Grand Wizard.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I'm enjoying that racial equality issues are at the forefront of football. It makes the football people so uncomfortable. This issue kinda was over, right? It happened last year and Kapernick isn't even on an NFL team this year. Trump pulled this almost out of nowhere and it totally worked. The healthcare stuff and jared's emails aren't getting the same airtime as the NFL stuff. Smooth move.
    If it was an intentional distraction, it was informed by a ludicrous kind of understanding of politics. The healthcare bill is dead, and talking down to popular athletes is a poor distraction that will only hurt his numbers and do nothing to revive the failed bill. Jared is going to continue to be scrutinized by a federal investigation, and Mueller isn't going to suddenly go "Squirrel!!!!" when Trump makes an ass out of himself for talking shit about football teams and players.

But, I am enjoying this strange moment where Trump is making me finally give a shit about sports for a brief minute.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Is it because they speak Spanish that the people of Puerto Rico are mostly being ignored since having been hit by Irma? Last I check, they are Americans too.

Dear 45: caring; you're doing it wrong.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tell me it's true.

The Puerto Rico comments are horrible. Talking about debt while people are without drinking water is repulsive. Disgusting. Infuriating.

Did he forget that Wall Street owes America $700 billion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    but he's not racist does anyone still believe this? anyone?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    US won't waive shipping restrictions for Puerto Rico relief

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) declined the request to waive the Jones Act, which limits shipping between coasts to U.S.-flagged vessels, according to Reuters. DHS waived the act following hurricanes Harvey and Irma, which hit the mainland U.S.
    They claim it's due to damaged ports making it impossible for ships to actually deliver any cargo, but I call bullshit on that. Obviously there's damage to the island, but what are they supposed to do, just wait until everything is magically rebuilt and THEN send things over?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    but he's not racist does anyone still believe this? anyone?
    -Louie
    I honestly don't think he's a "racist" in the traditional sense. He thinks you're peasants compared to him, even if you're whiter than Casper the friendly ghost. He's on a solipsistic narcissistic level that has never been realistically explored. He's just an opportunist, and so when he fails to condemn nazis, and yet comes out full force against people protesting police violence against black people, it's not because he has a dog in that fight. He just knows who's voting for him and loves him, and will show up at his inane rallies to cheer for him.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    US won't waive shipping restrictions for Puerto Rico relief

They claim it's due to damaged ports making it impossible for ships to actually deliver any cargo, but I call bullshit on that. Obviously there's damage to the island, but what are they supposed to do, just wait until everything is magically rebuilt and THEN send things over?
    Yeah but McCain is going after the DHC with both barrels. I’ve re-tweeted his letter and posted it on Facebook. I think McCain is gonna get national support for this effort, too.

https://twitter.com/senjohnmccain/st...97797023436801

I hadn’t even HEARD of the Jones Act until this morning, it’s ridiculous. McCain has been trying to repeal it since 2015:

http://www.the-triton.com/2015/01/mc...eal-jones-act/
    Last edited by allegro; 09-26-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    just funny how Colin was doing this before trump even announced his candidacy, also attacking steph which is pretty close to spitting on the pope in these parts not mention all the good he has done for some of the shittier parts of Oakland, Colin too has given a lot of money to charities in the area, i think we need to have a serious discussion about race and policing in this country, i think it starts with vetting and training i mean we give police two greatest powers the ability to take your freedom and the ability to take your life maybe just maybe that should warrant at least a psychological eval?
    -louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This NFL thing is a deliberate diversion to reinforce Trump’s patriotic hero status with his sheep so they forget about the Wall and the ACA. It’s working, too. His sheep have the attention span of rats.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    not to mention Russia, Puerto Rico Korea, tax reform, health care,loosening derivatives restrictions, so buckle up economy now if only we can invade a sovereign nation have a terrorist attack he can officially be the shittist president ever
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This NFL thing is a deliberate diversion to reinforce Trump’s patriotic hero status with his sheep so they forget about the Wall and the ACA. It’s working, too. His sheep have the attention span of rats.
    It's his m.o. Real work just completely unhinged? Can't accomplish anything? Failing at everything you try?

Call someone unpatriotic for no reason. Make fun of somebody irrelevant to your position. Start a new dumpster fire far away from your office. Everyone who has a shrine to you in their homes will cling to your every putrid word while forgetting how terrible you are at what you were elected (as the loser of the popular vote) to do. It's what he does every single time. And it scares me that it works so well, because it makes me truly believe that has a strong shot at another four years.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    It's his m.o. Real work just completely unhinged? Can't accomplish anything? Failing at everything you try?

Call someone unpatriotic for no reason. Make fun of somebody irrelevant to your position. Start a new dumpster fire far away from your office. Everyone who has a shrine to you in their homes will cling to your every putrid word while forgetting how terrible you are at what you were elected (as the loser of the popular vote) to do. It's what he does every single time. And it scares me that it works so well, because it makes me truly believe that has a strong shot at another four years.
    I cannot accept that possibility. This stupid shit HAS to stop! In some strange way, I actually think John McCain might be this country's knight in shining armor. He's the one voice from the conservative right that has the balls to actually confront this insanity and stand his ground. I hope he runs as an independent/libertarian in 2020 just to make sure Trump's ship sinks. Turning the entire map blue is the best way to send the message home to these motherfuckers, and ironically the quickest route to conservatives recovering against the historic backlash this presidency will wreck on the Republican Party.

When I actually think about the fact that we're not even a year in, and we're already racing into what feels like a world war... Another three years of this if he isn't impeached and removed from office? I cannot imagine.

If another liberal tells me "but really, Mike Pence might even be worse" I'm going to completely lose it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Hey now! You can't disparage rats that way. At least they can be taught things!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I cannot accept that possibility. This stupid shit HAS to stop! In some strange way, I actually think John McCain might be this country's knight in shining armor. He's the one voice from the conservative right that has the balls to actually confront this insanity and stand his ground. I hope he runs as an independent/libertarian in 2020 just to make sure Trump's ship sinks.
    I'm going to be blunt: I don't think Senator McCain will be alive to run for office in 2020. I like your idea, but I don't see it happening.

As for another four years of 45: accept it. People not accepting that he was even serious in the first place is largely what led us to the shit show we have now. If people don't accept it, they get complacent. Get complacent and the other, more passionate side, has more power than you. Accept it and do your part to do something about it, because "hoping" for things does jack shit.

Oh, and Mike Pence very well could be worse, because he has the political experience to actually get things legislated. All that horrifyingly terrible stuff that Trump has TRIED to pass has largely failed because he doesn't have a clue about how DC works. Put a career politician in that seat and things will actually get signed into law. I don't think Pence is a worse person (he's awful, especially on human rights - but so is Trump). But I think he's a more skilled politician, and that makes him and his ridiculous anti-women, anti-LGBTQ agenda more dangerous. Go ahead, lose it. But don't tell me I don't have a point.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Go ahead, lose it. But don't tell me I don't have a point.
    Oh no, I know you have a point. When it comes time where our voices aren't dismissible under the noise, we're gonna be screaming.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I could be wrong on this, but I believe 2008 was McCain's last chance at a run for the president.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i guess i can kind of understand people that disliked Obama that couldn't handle when he spoke, now I feel the same, i guess with dotard there is a little bit of truth when he uses terms like"unbelievable" "like no ones ever seen" because" I don't believe you and it will never be seen I still wanna know how republican math works increase military spending, build a wall lower health care cost and tax cuts for all little flags for others, also tax cuts for the rich creates jobs, how many times is that lie going to be repainted and sold, there was a reason why bush 1 called it "voodoo economics" there were a ton of factors that came together but not a sustainable business model again the myth of Reagan but people will probably be bamboozled again, logic and critical thinking seem to be in short supply, but here i am shouting at the clouds again
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    more than dotard donated ever http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/coli...er-communities
    -Louie